Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Dillusion

come on man' the title was spelled wrong. And badly. Combine that with the punctuation, sentence fragments, run-on sentences and giant paragraphs of opinion has zero to do with football other than signing a contract. lol

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I'm no AR fan; I hope he pans out but also have doubts like you, but Minshew is far from the answer. 

I have doubts too but he’s here so I want him to work out, not that you don’t.  For better or worse he’s the Colts QB for now so as a fan of the Colts I’d think people would pull for him to be successful.  With that said I learned long ago that some here are more interested in being right than seeing the Colts do well and if someone takes time to start four different threads proclaiming Richardson sucks I think that tells me what category they fall into.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

ha ha simpsons GIF

2 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative. For example, one media person said "Against the Rams, Ricardson was the best player on the field". hahaha Or called a "franchise QB" and "the next great Colts QB". Tell me this...based on what????  That he was drafted high? So where JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, and Akili Smith. That he is an athletic monster? So were Tim Tebow and Trey Lance.  Or, is it because he was drafted high, he has physical traits, and we are told that he will be those things?

So I suggest those who drink the Kool-Aid refer to Justin Fields. Similar player with much more experience in college.  A good runner for a QB who is inaccurate as a passer. But every year we hear "Oh, but he is progressing". Compared to who?  Fields got sacked 1 time out of every 9 passes.  Ok, they blame poor offense line.  But when Tyson Baggert, a college free agent who had to play as a rookie, started games, he was sacked 1 time out of every 29 passes.  So did the line suddenly get better?  Yet, there are STILL media people pushing that Fields has this great potention.  Come on, after three seasons, I think we know what he is.  An inaccurate, indecisive QB who can run. And new to the world. QBs are supposed to be PASSERS first.

Anthony Richardson seems like a good, hardworking guy. But I have little doubt he will be a bust as an accurate, decisive NFL QB.  He will run and that will make highlight films. He will have an ocassional nice pass or game. But overall, he will be a bust.

That is why I am praying the Colts resign Gardner Minshew.  Because he is and will always be a better NFL QB than Richardson.  Mark my words.  If we lose Minshew. we better draft another QB prospect like Michael Pratt and just hope he can be a Brock Purdy type gem, because Anthony Richardson is our Trey Lance. I guarantee it.

Not reading all that lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Honestly, 100 times better than Brisset, rivers, wentz, Ryan, Minshew. I had so much fun watching AR play.. and that was without JT. We will finally have a big three this year!!! I'm freaking happy 

Lenny is back and in rare form, what do you expect. Lenny and the Jets Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I'm no AR fan; I hope he pans out but also have doubts like you, but Minshew is far from the answer. 

Levis was great, wasn't he? I remember you bragging about Levis after that 1st game he had, then he played like Painter for 4 games. Doug was on here too with a few others rubbing it in, we should have took pretty boy instead of AR, then after Levis sucked and got injured, those posters disappeared The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- AR will be twice the QB than Pretty boy Bo Callahan will ever be. Lenny wanted Levis as well, you guys need to learn how to evaluate talent. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I have my doubts too.

Especially after watching the Kentucky game

5 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Not sure if serious.

AR has big play ability whenever he's on the field, a player that you have to game plan for.

Even when he's not running, he's a threat to scramble and extend plays by several Mississippi seconds. And when he throws, has tremendous arm strength. Fits multiple offensive schemes; e.g. option, under center, shotgun, bootleg, etc.

Where as Minshew is an undersized pocket passer that can only operate out of the shotgun.

• Like 3

Just now, rock8591 said:

Not sure if serious.

AR has big play ability whenever he's on the field, a player that you have to game plan for.

Even when he's not running, he's a threat to scramble and extend plays by several Mississippi seconds. And when he throws, has tremendous arm strength. Fits multiple offensive schemes; e.g. option, under center, shotgun, bootleg, etc.

Where as Minshew is an undersized pocket passer that can only operate out of the shotgun.

Oh, he is serious Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

I have my doubts about AR like a lot of people. Mostly bc I don’t like the designed runs for QBs bc of injury. My guess is he has a 60% chance to pan out and win at least a couple division titles for the Colts. I do believe the HC is very good and also that Ballard will be on the same page with him to provide players to win ball games. I’m on board with the direction the team is going and strongly feel they will bust their butts trying to put a winning team out on the field. Win or lose I know this organization is trying and I accept the fate. It’s great to win but you can’t win them all. As long as you try it’s ok to fail. I’m good if this doesn’t work out but I think it’s more likely going to. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Honestly, 100 times better than Brisset, rivers, wentz, Ryan, Minshew. I had so much fun watching AR play.. and that was without JT. We will finally have a big three this year!!! I'm freaking happy 

This is yet to be seen.   We would not have won 9 games with AR last season, so Minshew was better, in my opinion.  AR has his chance in 2024 to show his stuff.

We ARE talking about a QB who missed a majority of last season due to injury. The same QB who suffered numerous injuries in college, including a right knee injury from dancing.  AR has already had numerous concussions, numerous shoulder injuries (including one currently), numerous hamstring strains, ankle injuries, and right knee surgery (all not good for a QB that runs as often as AR does).

It is incredible though, that even after these leg injuries, he ran as fast as he did in the combine.

After watching him play this season in just a few games, many fans walked away thinking that he needs to improve upon his passing accuracy. This is something that he needs to work on, not only to become a better passer, but to keep himself out of harms way. This will lessen the need for him to run in order to move the ball downfield and keep drives alive.

I'm not saying that AR will be a bust and certainly hope he will not be one. But the odds of him being our franchise QB are slim. 

When you look at the best QBs of all time, Brady, Manning, Montana, etc. --  these guys were not athletic freaks. They had in incredible understanding of the game. They were accurate and had unbelievable timing. But of course, this is looking backwards. The game is changing. Let's see what AR writes in our history books.

image.png.5c7fe9eb82302affa0f328dbd509686f.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Doug was on here too with a few others rubbing it in

Delusional.  I pointed out Levis' 4 TD performance after it happened, which was surprising to everybody, including me.   Then I posted all QBs stats as the season wore on.  Delusions must be fed I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

This is yet to be seen.   We would not have won 9 games with AR last season, so Minshew was better, in my opinion.  AR has his chance in 2024 to show his stuff.

I'm saying it's better because come September we will have a consecutive starter.. but I guess thats not guaranteed yet.. but we are well on the way!

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Interesting assertion with no empirical data to support it.  My unsupported assertion is that the Colts would have won 9 or more games with AR healthy for the season.  

:spit:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

It blows my mind how much of media and fans will push a narrative.

It blows mine that you are trying so hard to be the very first to declare him a bust without giving him a chance.

You posted this the very minute we drafted him, and again when he got hurt and again now for some reason.

He could be good some day and you have nothing to prove other wise.  Stop trying so darn hard to be the first to declare him a bust.  Pointless negativity that could be 100% wrong.  You've been wrong before.

7 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

It blows mine that you are trying so hard to be the very first to declare him a bust without giving him a chance.

You posted this the very minute we drafted him, and again when he got hurt and again now for some reason.

He could be good some day and you have nothing to prove other wise.  Stop trying so darn hard to be the first to declare him a bust.  Pointless negativity that could be 100% wrong.  You've been wrong before.

We have to admit that year 1 has resulted in only 4 games played. During those 4 games, he's suffered a concussion and a season ending shoulder injury. That's not off to a good start.

Again, I hope he's not a bust. I hope he bounces back and has a great season and a great career. But if I'm keeping score right now, we're taking an L in year 1. You really can't make the claim that the OP has "nothing to prove otherwise."

54 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

You really can't make the claim that the OP has "nothing to prove otherwise."

A rough rookie year isnt proof of the future.

This guy posted this same stuff the very second we drafted him too and is just trying to gloat now when its far from over.

Hes trying too hard to gloat and be right rather than let it play out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Delusional.  I pointed out Levis' 4 TD performance after it happened, which was surprising to everybody, including me.   Then I posted all QBs stats as the season wore on.  Delusions must be fed I guess.

You haven't been on here in a month. I took a break as well. I figured I could get you to come out of retirement (sarcasm).

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

A rough rookie year isnt proof of the future.

This guy posted this same stuff the very second we drafted him too and is just trying to gloat now when its far from over.

Hes trying too hard to gloat and be right rather than let it play out.

Agreed, a rough rookie year is not proof of the future.

But, we do have to evaluate based on the information that we have, and so far, it has not been positive results, unfortunately. Only 4 games played with a concussion and a season ending shoulder injury isn't what you'd hope for.

I'm not aware of the OP's posting history, but I can definitely see that if he's gloating now, it would be annoying.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

Im keeping this one saved, purely because you seem SO SURE he is a bust. 

I want Richardson to succeed because I'm a Colts fan, but now I want him to succeed even more just to prove you wrong. This is a bad take that ultimately might end up being correct, but I dont't think for the reasons you are stating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Agreed, a rough rookie year is not proof of the future.

But, we do have to evaluate based on the information that we have, and so far, it has not been positive results, unfortunately. Only 4 games played with a concussion and a season ending shoulder injury isn't what you'd hope for.

I'm not aware of the OP's posting history, but I can definitely see that if he's gloating now, it would be annoying.

I took a lot of positives last season from AR:

1. He learned a lot by sitting behind Minshew, he now will be real comfortable with our system and Shane.

2. He was able to play, so he got a feel for how fast the NFL game is. He also looked good at times so he isn't going to fear anything.

3. His injury probably made him cautious and humble. I used the word probably, but I think it has. He learned a lot from that. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Im keeping this one saved, purely because you seem SO SURE he is a bust. 

I want Richardson to succeed because I'm a Colts fan, but now I want him to succeed even more just to prove you wrong. This is a bad take that ultimately might end up being correct, but I dont't think for the reasons you are stating.

It's sad but there a handful of people that want to see him fail because they wanted Levis instead. They would rather be right than the Colts be good. SMH.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's sad but there a handful of people that want to see him fail because they wanted Levis instead. They would rather be right than the Colts be good. SMH.

Are they really Colt’s fans, then?

• Like 1

There was NOTHING worrying in AR's play in his rookie year. In fact, he surpassed expectations from the get go. He won the starting job from a solid player like Minshew and he was coming along nicely with his play. He showed improvement in his short-area accuracy, showed good command of the offense(should I remind people that the expectation when he was drafted was that he will likely sit and learn his full rookie year?), he showed off both his athleticism and his arm at times. By his 3d game we was not just showing off some flashes of brilliance, he was stringing drives and even full halves of play at a very high level(the Rams second half). 

If there is something to worry about it's definitely his ability to stay healthy. This is where my biggest worries stand right now. The rest ... yeah, it's a work in progress, but we already knew that... we already knew he's one of the youngest and least experienced QBs to ever play in the league. Nothing from what he showed on the field was really worrying. There were much more positives than negatives purely play-wise and development-wise from his rookie year. 

Now... nothing is guaranteed and he will still need to work and make significant improvements in his game, but the trajectory pre-injury was actually very positive and inspiring optimism. Lets just hope he will stay and keep himself healthy so we can actually talk about his play rather than his rehabs... :dunno:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Are they really Colt’s fans, then?

I don't think so but whenever I make a post judging someone's fandom, I get there are different kinds of fans and I have no right to say who is a fan or isn't. Common Sense tells me who are the diehard fans though. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

There was NOTHING worrying in AR's play in his rookie year. In fact, he surpassed expectations from the get go. He won the starting job from a solid player like Minshew and he was coming along nicely with his play. He showed improvement in his short-area accuracy, showed good command of the offense(should I remind people that the expectation when he was drafted was that he will likely sit and learn his full rookie year?), he showed off both his athleticism and his arm at times. By his 3d game we was not just showing off some flashes of brilliance, he was stringing drives and even full halves of play at a very high level(the Rams second half). 

If there is something to worry about it's definitely his ability to stay healthy. This is where my biggest worries stand right now. The rest ... yeah, it's a work in progress, but we already knew that... we already knew he's one of the youngest and least experienced QBs to ever play in the league. Nothing from what he showed on the field was really worrying. There were much more positives than negatives purely play-wise and development-wise from his rookie year. 

Now... nothing is guaranteed and he will still need to work and make significant improvements in his game, but the trajectory pre-injury was actually very positive and inspiring optimism. Lets just hope he will stay and keep himself healthy so we can actually talk about his play rather than his rehabs... :dunno:

Excellent post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think so but whenever I make a post judging someone's fandom, I get there are different kinds of fans and I have no right to say who is a fan or isn't. Common Sense tells me who are the diehard fans though. 

Good post.  Diehard since 1967, here.  

• Thanks 1