Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ogletree arrested for domestic battery (MERGE)

twfish

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, I’m expecting that we move on.  Didn't mean to imply otherwise.   

And thanks for the catch on his rookie year.   Now that you mention it, I remember him having a very good camp and I think he blew up his knee late in one of those practice games with another team.   My bad.   

I firmly believe you’re one of the best posters on here, and one of those reasons is from this post. If you do miss something, you own it, acknowledge it and then move on. 

Just wanted to say that! Hope you have a great New Year NCF, and we all celebrate a Colts win tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My problem is if you emphasize character as much as Chris Ballard does to the point where it's a more important factor than overall talent in deciding who you draft, you better be right. We were right for 5 or so years, now it's hitting us in the face all at once like a speeding train. 

I think Ballard takes it just as seriously as a few years ago. I just think Brian Decker is a fraud and he was never as good as advertised and it's finally starting to catch up to the Colts now. 

So, Decker seemingly got it right in 18, 19, 20, and 21.    Then, crapped the bed in 22?     Sorry, but that doesn’t add up for me.  

I want answers as much as you and everyone else here.   What the heck has happened?    I’d like to think it’ll be a hot topic at Ballard’s season ending news conference no matter how the rest of the season plays out.    But I don’t see the need to rush to judgement just because you want answers NOW.   It’s ok to NOT know for a while.   The answers should come soon enough.   But your Decker guess is only a guess.   And I think the odds that Decker going from Hero to Zero are very, very small.  

38 minutes ago, twfish said:

Still plenty of examples of players who have done that with them and their Dr and it still causing negative drug test because of ingredients not disclosed. I’m not coming up with an excuse for any colts player in particular, but it’s not a open and shut case for every failed P.E.D drug test.

I mean if your point is that a tiny percent of the cases are truly an accident, I can go with that, I mean there are very few absolutes in this world. I don't think we should get in a mindset that it is all good that these players are getting busted just because a very small fraction of them may be innocent. A very small percent of people in prison are innocent, it does not make all the other inmates decent guys.

The vast majority of these dudes know exactly what they are doing, they have every tool and resource available to them. What they put in their bodies is a big big deal to them, they know that it partly decides how much money they are going to have for the rest of their lives.

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I firmly believe you’re one of the best posters on here, and one of those reasons is from this post. If you do miss something, you own it, acknowledge it and then move on. 

Just wanted to say that! Hope you have a great New Year NCF, and we all celebrate a Colts win tomorrow!

Goodness!   A belated X-mas gift!   You’re incredibly kind and of course you know the warm feelings are very mutual!   

But let’s come clean for all who are curious….   I pay you handsomely to say nice things about me here!   Otherwise, we might be total strangers!   

Honestly, I do try to own my poop.  Every time I make a mistake I always think there’s going to be a giant banner here screaming “NCF SCREWS UP AGAIN!!”

Humiliation is a powerful motivator,  yet I still screw up like I did earlier today.  But people here are very forgiving and Thank God for that! 

Thanks again for the kind thought.  If I ever come to Indy to take in a game, you’re one of a number of good friends I hope to meet.    :worthy:

:heart:       :flowers:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, I’m expecting that we move on.  Didn't mean to imply otherwise.   

And thanks for the catch on his rookie year.   Now that you mention it, I remember him having a very good camp and I think he blew up his knee late in one of those practice games with another team.   My bad.   

I don't think you implied it. I was just adding my thoughts to the end, where I was talking good about his game.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Goodness!   A belated X-mas gift!   You’re incredibly kind and of course you know the warm feelings are very mutual!   

But let’s come clean for all who are curious….   I pay you handsomely to say nice things about me here!   Otherwise, we might be total strangers!   

Honestly, I do try to own my poop.  Every time I make a mistake I always think there’s going to be a giant banner here screaming “NCF SCREWS UP AGAIN!!”

Humiliation is a powerful motivator,  yet I still screw up like I did earlier today.  But people here are very forgiving and Thank God for that! 

Thanks again for the kind thought.  If I ever come to Indy to take in a game, you’re one of a number of good friends I hope to meet.    :worthy:

:heart:       :flowers:

I would definitely take you up on that! Lucas Oil is such a fantastic stadium to see and enjoy with friends!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, runthepost said:

These players are grown men, grown people will do what they want to do regardless who is rooting for them

Exactly. No one else is to blame but the person involved. How would Ballard or anyone in the front office know that this player would be involved in domestic violence or any other illegal activity?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Exactly. No one else is to blame but the person involved. How would Ballard or anyone in the front office know that this player would be involved in domestic violence or any other illegal activity?

Clearly he needs to be able to see the future duh,  what’s the matter NFLfan not born with that ability lol.:sarcasm:

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People blaming Ballard for this is just another excuse to pile on the man. It is not like he is psychic when he drafts guys. He can't control one's actions. Every team is going to have a few rotten eggs on their team, that has been going since football was invented. Ogletree isn't even a good player, he has had 9 catches all year. Give it a break people. 

I agree 100%.

Carly You Are Right GIF by Paramount+

• Like 1

This is NOT Ballard’s fault, that is ludicrous. You can ever know how a man will treat a woman in highly stressful situations. Most men do not react violently when confronted. All we have is mostly he said, she said. IF and only IF he is proven guilty then it’s time to react. All of these obviation are sensationalized. By the media because that’s what media outlets do. Give him a break before you cut him or lash out against him. This is America and thank God we have due process. Josh McNary went through hell before being acquitted. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This is NOT Ballard’s fault, that is ludicrous. You can ever know how a man will treat a woman in highly stressful situations. Most men do not react violently when confronted. All we have is mostly he said, she said. IF and only IF he is proven guilty then it’s time to react. All of these obviation are sensationalized. By the media because that’s what media outlets do. Give him a break before you cut him or lash out against him. This is America and thank God we have due process. Josh McNary went through hell before being acquitted. 

This does seem to be more than he said she said. She called ambulance right away and there are documented injuries. But I agree with you this isn’t Ballards fault.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

U can blame him for putting a high price on character, and it seems he falls even short in evaluating that.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This does seem to be more than he said she said. She called ambulance right away and there are documented injuries. But I agree with you this isn’t Ballards fault.

The key here is did she strike first? If that’s the case, I can see both being charged. At least based on the documents posted publicly online,  he definitely slammed her and hurt her physically, but what triggered it will be the topic of much investigation by the local PD. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

I agree from a legal perspective he should be viewed as innocent until proven guilty and given due process.  The NFL does not have to meet that standard though.  The Colts clearly saw enough details to feel there was just cause to ask the league to step in and suspend him which the league did which means they agreed they felt there was enough.  That’s the thing about the commissioner’s exempt list, it’s a middle ground that removes the player from the team and football and frees up a roster spot while the legal side of things plays out but should allegations prove to be false the player can come back without losing his job.  

As for your first part I agree 100% blaming Ballard for this is ludicrous.  It’s pretty much blaming him for not being able to see the future.  It only makes sense if you already don’t like Ballard and you just want to rag on him for anything.  I guess I’d ask those blaming Ballard why aren’t you blaming Shane?  He’s the coach and spends more time with the players than Ballard does.  My guess is because most fans still like Shane and aren’t looking to twist things to be his fault.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

The key here is did she strike first? If that’s the case, I can see both being charged. At least based on the documents posted publicly online,  he definitely slammed her and hurt her physically, but what triggered it will be the topic of much investigation by the local PD. 

And one we aren’t going to be able to answer on a message board, not that you are trying too.  To me I’d stick to the football side of this IMO and just let the legal professionals work through the other side and react as we get more facts.  

I’m sick of this stuff. First Rodgers, then McKenzie and Brown, now Ogletree. If these guys want to cheat or commit crimes, get them the Hell off of this team, I don’t care who they are. That’s not what we’re about in Indiana, we shouldn’t tolerate this stuff. I don’t think Steichen and Ballard will tolerate it, either. What a waste of an NFL career, I hope his victim and the child are safe.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2023 at 5:27 AM, ShuteAt168 said:

Ogletree. Battery 
McKenzie. Conduct 

Brown. Conduct 

Defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad, six games for violating the league’s performance-enhancing substances policy.

Defensive tackle Grover Stewart, six games for violating the PED policy.

Cornerback Chris Lammons, three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.

Cornerback Isaiah Rodgers, indefinitely for violation the league’s gambling policy.

Linebacker Rashod Berry, indefinitely for violating the league’s gambling policy.

Clearly something has changed.  Your list is 8 deep.  Not sure the Colts have had had 8 players suspended total in Ballard years from 2017 leading up to this year.   

So something is very different.   But I don’t know what it is?   And neither does anyone else.   And I hope Ballard is asked about it early in his season ending news conference.   It should be one of the first 3-5 questions he’s asked about.

And if there isn’t a good answer there should be a good follow up.  He needs to be confronted about this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly something has changed.  Your list is 8 deep.  Not sure the Colts have had had 8 players suspended total in Ballard years from 2017 leading up to this year.   

So something is very different.   But I don’t know what it is?   And neither does anyone else.   And I hope Ballard is asked about it early in his season ending news conference.   It should be one of the first 3-5 questions he’s asked about.

And if there isn’t a good answer there should be a good follow up.  He needs to be confronted about this.  

The GM “needs to be confronted?”  How/why?  These are grownups who knowingly risked all for short-term fun, a physical edge, or due to the inability to have/maintain a healthy interpersonal relationship. 

Yes, Ballard needs to own up to it all.

:thmup:

2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The GM “needs to be confronted?”  How/why?  These are grownups who knowingly risked all for short-term fun, a physical edge, or due to the inability to have/maintain a healthy interpersonal relationship. 

Yes, Ballard needs to own up to it all.

:thmup:

How?   Why?  

The how is in the season ending press conference.  Not hard to do.   Ask questions.   

The why?    As I said in my previous post,  I doubt the Colts have had 8 total suspensions in Ballard’s previous 6 years combined.   Now, suddenly, in one year there are 8 suspensions?   Why?   What’s different?   What has changed internally that there’s a dramatic change in player behavior.   For a team that proudly puts a premium on character what is different that this year is 180 degrees different from all the other years.  

The first officer on the scene discovered the woman upstairs in a bedroom crying in pain. The woman told police that after breaking Ogletree’s phone and attempting to hit him during an argument, he “lifted her to about his shoulder height and body slammed her onto the ground.”

She claimed Ogletree then told her, “They will never believe you,” after she said she needed an ambulance. The woman was later placed in a cervical collar by on-scene medics and transported to a hospital for further evaluation of her injuries. Ogletree’s young son was in the home when the incident occurred, according to the affidavit (according to James Boyd of The Athletic, which obtained a probable cause affidavit).

I'm confused. How does a perpetrator admit to destruction of property & both felony assault charges in an official affidavit and yet the person attacked gets charged and arrested?

Also, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I mean, did this occur in Iran, N. Korea or the USA?

10 hours ago, Douzer said:

The first officer on the scene discovered the woman upstairs in a bedroom crying in pain. The woman told police that after breaking Ogletree’s phone and attempting to hit him during an argument, he “lifted her to about his shoulder height and body slammed her onto the ground.”

She claimed Ogletree then told her, “They will never believe you,” after she said she needed an ambulance. The woman was later placed in a cervical collar by on-scene medics and transported to a hospital for further evaluation of her injuries. Ogletree’s young son was in the home when the incident occurred, according to the affidavit (according to James Boyd of The Athletic, which obtained a probable cause affidavit).

I'm confused. How does a perpetrator admit to destruction of property & both felony assault charges in an official affidavit and yet the person attacked gets charged and arrested?

Also, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I mean, did this occur in Iran, N. Korea or the USA?

He is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law where that is a standard.  It is not a standard for football teams or public opinion.

58 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, maybe, if he is found guilty but you are innocent until proven guilty so let's hold judgment. 

In the court of law.  Innocent until proven guilty doesn’t apply to football teams or public opinion.

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

In the court of law.  Innocent until proven guilty doesn’t apply to football teams or public opinion.

You just said the right word opinion and it's not based on any fact it's just an opinion. That means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  

25 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

You just said the right word opinion and it's not based on any fact it's just an opinion. That means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  

No one said it did in terms of his guilt or innocence but if we can’t state opinions on a message board what on earth are we doing here?

On 1/2/2024 at 12:31 AM, GoColts8818 said:

He is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law where that is a standard.  It is not a standard for football teams or public opinion.

That concept in law is based on the moral of fairness. 

But companies and internet pundits don't care about fairness.  Companies fire people all of the time based upon what they think is true.  And internet pundits love to grandstand off of the same reports.