Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ogletree arrested for domestic battery (MERGE)

twfish

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I never said what Lammons did was a mistake. I never brought his name up. All I said was he wasn’t a colt when that happened.

Yes, sorry about that. It was gocolts88 I thought I was responding to. Teaching moment: that’s a mistake. Not beating a dude senseless. 

5 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

You think most PED violations are a result of players misreading ingredients? Seriously? Hey, off topic, would you be interested in some cheap Ocean property in Nebraska? 

You think taking PED's makes a person's character bad? Man, you would of hated football back in the 70's and 80's when half the league was doing steroids lmao . Do you think anything less of Robert Mathis, he got caught in 2014?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Also, it’s absurd that you call what Lammons did a “mistake.” A mistake is adding numbers wrong or dropping your glasses. Engaging in a beat down of an outnumbered man is violent, bullying behavior. I wonder, if you have a son and a group of bullies beat him, would you call that a “mistake?” 

I really don't recall hardly anyone in here that was even happy we signed Lammons. I barely even heard of the guy before we did.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You think taking PED's makes a person's character bad? Man, you would have hated football back in the 70's and 80's when half the league was doing steroids lmao . Do you think anything less of Robert Mathis, he got caught in 2014?

It makes them cheaters. It calls into question their decision making. It could hurt the team. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't recall hardly anyone in here that was even happy we signed Lammons. I barely even heard of the guy before we did.

Not even in the same vicinity as the point. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Special teams player only,depth behind Tony Brown so now right behind Kenny but he has never been good on Defense.  Yeah his coming excited no one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

It makes them cheaters. It calls into question their decision making. It could hurt the team. 

Not even in the same vicinity as the point. 

Do you think all of the Patriots SB wins should be vacated, have an * by them? They are proven cheaters. Most say they have the greatest Coach/GM of all-time.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The look on the people's faces at ESPN, especially some of the women at ESPN who were just shredding Matt Araiza, then when he was found not guilty was freakin' priceless. Same for the Duke Lacrosse players being found not guilty. 

Hey, the Bills kept Von Miller after he paid off his GF to drop the charges.

• Thanks 1

What would be the reaction here if the same thing happened to Peyton manning in his prime here?

all players are taking some kind of supplements to improve them physically. Some screw up and take something that is banned. Is that just being lazy, listening to the wrong person, or intentional? I don’t think that’s a character thing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IinD said:

He'll probably be out of the league because of this now.

Fringe roster guys should be so much smarter than this.

I don't feel bad for him.

I don’t think Ogletree is a fringe roster guy.   

I think he’s a promising young player. 

I think it’s too early to know how long any possible suspension might last. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t think Ogletree is a fringe roster guy.   

I think he’s a promising young player. 

I think it’s too early to know how long any possible suspension might last. 

I don't think 6th rd players get many chances if they screw up. 

Plenty of players like him come and go every year. I won't be shocked if he's done in the NFL.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you think all of the Patriots SB wins should be vacated, have an * by them? They are proven cheaters. Most say they have the greatest Coach/GM of all-time.

the bigger question is what is considered cheating? Is holding, pass interference, etc. cheating? You are trying to gain an advantage, aren’t you? You do something that isn’t by the rules and are penalized. I wouldn’t describe anything a sports team does and is caught “cheating”, just getting caught and is penalized. 

48 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

You think most PED violations are a result of players misreading ingredients? Seriously? Hey, off topic, would you be interested in some cheap Ocean property in Nebraska? 

It happens all the time, I take it you’re probably not a person to work out or take any pre workout stuff. The list of ingredients on the banned list is very long and extensive and it’s not like it’s unbelievable for someone to gloss over 1 ingredient. https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/columns/features/nfl-banned-substance-list/ And it doesn’t help that since work out stuff isn’t typically screened by the FDA companies will use different names for ingredients. It’s not like oh hey this has steroids in it. There is a reason so many players get flagged for it every year.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IinD said:

I don't think 6th rd players get many chances if they screw up. 

Plenty of players like him come and go every year. I won't be shocked if he's done in the NFL.

He’s a 6th round player who played as a rookie, and started as a second year player.   Once you show talent, no one cares what round you were drafted.   

Rogers was 6th round talent.  And once the Colts cut him Philly claimed him.   It happens when you have talent and Ogletree does.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I will add the PED stuff is pretty much a nothing burger too. It happens when guys are not careful or miss read ingredients. Rodger’s didn’t hurt anyone but himself. There are quite different then what Ogletree is being accused of.

I was going to say there is a huge difference in gambling and peds and beating your girl friend.  That’s not to say peds and gambling are okay but as you pointed out you are just hurting yourself and they are things that hurt the integrity of the league, which is important, but not the same level as a crime.  They can easily fall under sometimes a good person makes a poor decision.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

who played as a rookie,

He missed the whole year to injury.

Outside of that, I agree he has some solid potential, graded out as a top 10 TE for a good chunk of the season.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if we move on. Seem to be showing guys the door quickly these days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The difference is that Ballard prioritized character over talent. So if the players are less talented and have character concerns, that's a bad thing. At least other teams who are taking risks on players with character concerns are normally doing it because the talent ceiling is high. If the talent ceiling is lower and the players still get in trouble, what's the point? 

So you think he purposely doesn't take character as seriously now as opposed to a few years ago? 

Or is your problem with cb due to the players not having a high enough ceilings to warrant the risk? 

49 minutes ago, twfish said:

It happens all the time, I take it you’re probably not a person to work out or take any pre workout stuff. The list of ingredients on the banned list is very long and extensive and it’s not like it’s unbelievable for someone to gloss over 1 ingredient. https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/columns/features/nfl-banned-substance-list/ And it doesn’t help that since work out stuff isn’t typically screened by the FDA companies will use different names for ingredients. It’s not like oh hey this has steroids in it. There is a reason so many players get flagged for it every year.

Any NFL player on any NFL team can simply ask their teams medical/training staff to approve something for them before they start to use it. You are right, there is a reason so many players get flagged for it, that reason is $$$.

14 hours ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Ballard has blabbed and blabbed about getting high character guys, horseshoe guys, since he got to Indy and now we can’t go a week without some Colt being in the news. I remember when he said, after a few years, something like “look, y’all know me, I’m looking you in the eye and telling you, and you know I shoot straight, look, our locker room can now handle some questionable characters because the culture is so strong.” Ballard is so full of it it’s funny. 

As long as your not one of those fans who criticised him for taking too many nice guys and are now criticizing him because he may not have, then that's fine. My point is the hypocrisy of some fans is absurd and irritating. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was going to say there is a huge difference in gambling and peds and beating your girl friend.  That’s not to say peds and gambling are okay but as you pointed out you are just hurting yourself and they are things that hurt the integrity of the league, which is important, but not the same level as a crime.  They can easily fall under sometimes a good person makes a poor decision.  

I agree. Violent or deviant behavior (granted that is subjective) is what I have a real problem with. Peds, gambling, getting drunk, smoking weed all fall under the knucklehead category imo. Certainly bad, especially since your hurting your team, but living in the world we do, you have to expect it to happen at times no matter how careful you are picking players. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, #12. said:

Ballard's had some bad luck, certainly.  Rodgers and Ogletree - two late rounders who showed promise, and you'll get nothing out of them.  

Agree on the luck part of this.  Despite what some fans seem to think Ballard can’t see the future when he drafts players.  All he can do is make a decision on how they have behaved in the past and how he feels about them after meeting them and talking to them (if he does).  That’s why I said before it matters what Ballard does when players make mistakes in terms of behavior.  He hasn’t turned a blind eye to it.  For the most part (again Grover being an exception) if you’ve messed up on his watch he’s gotten rid of you.  That’s what you do when you value integrity.  

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, it just sucks when someone accuses of someone for doing something bad and it isn't true at all. It ruins it for the women that really have been abused. Another example, Brian Banks Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

Just a reminder the court of law is not above making mistakes too, see OJ Simpson for example.  It’s important for a court of law to have a higher and different standard than public opinion but by the same token sometimes a court of law gets it wrong and public opinion doesn’t need to be and shouldn’t held to that same standard.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twfish said:

For what it’s worth, there are substances in some energy drinks that will cause a positive test for steroids on the drug tests the military uses. And they will kick you out over it. Some of the most popular energy drinks have it.

and there’s others that have hidden THC levels in them that are sold over the counter at any gas station or grocery store in the country.  

• Like 1

It is heartening to see a few people reserving judgement.  Though certainly not the majority here.  In this case two things could be true.  

He could be guilty as charged AND she could also be guilty.  We will have to wait and see.  

I unfortunately have a personal experience to draw from on this.  It is unwise to look at this incident in a vacuum even if proven true.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cbear said:

So you think he purposely doesn't take character as seriously now as opposed to a few years ago? 

Or is your problem with cb due to the players not having a high enough ceilings to warrant the risk? 

My problem is if you emphasize character as much as Chris Ballard does to the point where it's a more important factor than overall talent in deciding who you draft, you better be right. We were right for 5 or so years, now it's hitting us in the face all at once like a speeding train. 

I think Ballard takes it just as seriously as a few years ago. I just think Brian Decker is a fraud and he was never as good as advertised and it's finally starting to catch up to the Colts now. 

• Thanks 1

Idk…… let’s watch it play out.. I have a feeling there’s much more to this.. if I’ve earned anything from that Jonathan majors and Johnny depp (Ogletree is most certainly not them lol) is that some chicks will go to GREAT lengths to see someone fall because of hurt feelings… I’m not saying he’s innocent just giving a different perspective 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Liam Anderson (1st time) and Ethan Fernea (Ethan's final time ).

Yeah but they should have an open active roster spot.

Those 2 are just PS elevations for the game.

Hoping Woods is potentially ready, get him a couple weeks of practice before potential playoffs.

Should maybe know something at 4pm. Unless the wait to fill it till next week, since it's so late this week.

2 hours ago, tate said:

Any NFL player on any NFL team can simply ask their teams medical/training staff to approve something for them before they start to use it. You are right, there is a reason so many players get flagged for it, that reason is $$$.

Still plenty of examples of players who have done that with them and their Dr and it still causing negative drug test because of ingredients not disclosed. I’m not coming up with an excuse for any colts player in particular, but it’s not a open and shut case for every failed P.E.D drug test.

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah but they should have an open active roster spot.

Those 2 are just PS elevations for the game.

Hoping Woods is potentially ready, get him a couple weeks of practice before potential playoffs.

Should maybe know something at 4pm. Unless the wait to fill it till next week, since it's so late this week.

Fernea is out of call ups after this so if they plan to use him next week he will need to be put into this spot after tomorrows game. We have no back up slot so this may be the route unless they want to see tomorrow and if dont like the final look they elevate Jaydon Mickens instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmchairQB said:

It is heartening to see a few people reserving judgement.  Though certainly not the majority here.  In this case two things could be true.  

He could be guilty as charged AND she could also be guilty.  We will have to wait and see.  

I unfortunately have a personal experience to draw from on this.  It is unwise to look at this incident in a vacuum even if proven true.  

I agree.

We know that she broke his phone.  We know that she tried to slap him.  We know that he pushed her to the ground.  We know that she had verifiable physical trauma.  And we know that he was arrested.

This could be bona fide "domestic battery".  This could also be Johnny Depp 2.0.  Where she accused him of a thing, ruining his life and career, only to have him demonstrate that she was the actual aggressor.

We don't know enough.  And I'm ok with reserving judgement until we do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, w87r said:

He missed the whole year to injury.

Outside of that, I agree he has some solid potential, graded out as a top 10 TE for a good chunk of the season.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if we move on. Seem to be showing guys the door quickly these days.

Oh, I’m expecting that we move on.  Didn't mean to imply otherwise.   

And thanks for the catch on his rookie year.   Now that you mention it, I remember him having a very good camp and I think he blew up his knee late in one of those practice games with another team.   My bad.   

• Like 2