Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Forum Appreciation

a06cc

38 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I would like to thank each and everyone of you in the Forums. I’ve been in since 2005. Don’t think there’s a better place amongst any other fan base. I’ve learned a lot thanks to a few of you. Particularly on the scouting side. We may not always agree, but I’m glad to be apart of this community! Happy Holidas and I’m praying for each of you! 

Happy holidas to you too

• Like 4

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

I would like to thank each and everyone of you in the Forums. I’ve been in since 2005. Don’t think there’s a better place amongst any other fan base. I’ve learned a lot thanks to a few of you. Particularly on the scouting side. We may not always agree, but I’m glad to be apart of this community! Happy Holidas and I’m praying for each of you! 

That's when I joined as well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

• Like 3

I’ve been a reader at least that long, but I didn’t actually join until ‘06 or ‘07. I was a member of a real good NFL general forums and I spent my time there until the admin (we assumed,) passed away and the website and all that stuff lapsed. 

Even with the rise of other platforms like FB and Reddit I’d still rather come here to talk Colts football than anywhere else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is just so much fun being in here when we are fighting for a playoff spot, playing good football. The vibe in here is so much better and the suspense of all these games is fun. How anyone can't enjoy this, I will never understand. 

This my 12th year as a Colts fan in this community.   Has there ever been a season that exceeded more expectations?!   Great fun!     At this point it’s win-win!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, a06cc said:

What a nice thing to say.  Thank you for saying it.

I love this community too.  It's like the Cheers of the internet.

Season 3 Lol GIF by Paramount+

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This my 12th year as a Colts fan in this community.   Has there ever been a season that exceeded more expectations?!   Great fun!     At this point it’s win-win!! 

I became a member before the 2015 season but was lurking, reading posts in here during the 2014 season playoffs because I wasn't a member anywhere. ESPN was no longer after the 2013 season. So, in a way I have been here technically since 2014. I just joined a few months later. I thought the deflate gate discussions were wild in here, so I joined in and just started posting. Pats fans were everywhere in here back then. Never thought I would end up with over 60,000 posts. That is nuts really. Anyway, I have to honestly say since the 2014 season (we made the AFC Title Game that year) regarding my time in here, I have enjoyed this season the most. 2018 and 2020 were fun/good too. This season as a fan is really hard to figure out. 1st it was, everyone just wanted to see AR and his progressions. Then it went too, winning actually matters and it is fun doing so in a wild season with all the injuries to other teams. This thing is wide open in reality. I can't remember a season quite like this one with all the injuries to several teams.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, a06cc said:

A happy holidays to you as well! Really knowledgeable posters have come and gone, and I've learned a lot from them as the years have gone by. I originally joined my senior year in high school around 2006. Then I lost my account and email address and had to create a new one. Don't even remember what my user name was on the previous website... I think it had something to do with running. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

A happy holidays to you as well! Really knowledgeable posters have come and gone, and I've learned a lot from them as the years have gone by. I originally joined my senior year in high school around 2006. Then I lost my account and email address and had to create a new one. Don't even remember what my user name was on the previous website... I think it had something to do with running. 

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I have been here since 2005 but changed my username in 2011 and re-joined. It was a different format, with different moderators then. @HOFClipboardHolder and @TubaGuy and @bayone were guys who were active several years ago. I think the old moderator, his name was Phil, if I remember right. 

Lots of ups and downs to endure, no doubt. That is life as a fan!!! :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I have been here since 2005 but changed my username in 2011 and re-joined. It was a different format, with different moderators then. @HOFClipboardHolder and @TubaGuy and @bayone were guys who were active several years ago. I think the old moderator, his name was Phil, if I remember right. 

Lots of ups and downs to endure, no doubt. That is life as a fan!!! :) 

I remember Bayone. I have been reading posts in here since 2014 and can list many names that were here over the years that would bring back memories for people :thmup:.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

This^.   I even mentioned it in another post the other week that this season reminds me of 2012.  I joined this forum during the 2012 preseason as the other site, ColtPower, was shutting down (I was known as DJGreyhound over there).

I remember Al Ulrich over there, he was the Colts fan from Canada...anyone else remember him?  The funniest avatar I remember was back in Dungy's first season, Al Ulrich had an avatar of Dungy's face with Jeff Fisher's hairdo - anyone else remember that?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

This^.   I even mentioned it in another post the other week that this season reminds me of 2012.  I joined this forum during the 2012 preseason as the other site, ColtPower, was shutting down (I was known as DJGreyhound over there).

I remember Al Ulrich over there, he was the Colts fan from Canada...anyone else remember him?  The funniest avatar I remember was back in Dungy's first season, Al Ulrich had an avatar of Dungy's face with Jeff Fisher's hairdo - anyone else remember that?  

Yep,

I met him at a tailgate on the Hurst bean lot,I thought his screen name was Tony Clifton. I remember the picture.

• Like 2

I've been here since 2017.  I joined because I wanted to post my "My Guys" list of draft choices, as if I was the only person in the world who was this obsessively attentive to the draft, and I would get oooooo's and ahhhhhhh's and "we're not worthy" from all of the peeps on the forum.  Ha!  Not only were just about everybody as obsessed as I was, there we people on the forums who dug more deeply into the draft than I ever did!  Yeah, I got surprised.

I've grown to appreciate all of the people on the forums.  Not just the easy going people, but the also the cantankerous one.  Who argue a point as if their very lives depended on it.  All of the people whom I disagree with.  And there are a lot.  But because of them, I get viewpoints that are not my own, and I learn things.  And I am glad of it.

Here's to Everybody!  And I'm very glad to know all of you.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I've been here since 2017.  I joined because I wanted to post my "My Guys" list of draft choices, as if I was the only person in the world who was this obsessively attentive to the draft, and I would get oooooo's and ahhhhhhh's and "we're not worthy" from all of the peeps on the forum.  Ha!  Not only were just about everybody as obsessed as I was, there we people on the forums who dug more deeply into the draft than I ever did!  Yeah, I got surprised.

I've grown to appreciate all of the people on the forums.  Not just the easy going people, but the also the cantankerous one.  Who argue a point as if their very lives depended on it.  All of the people whom I disagree with.  And there are a lot.  But because of them, I get viewpoints that are not my own, and I learn things.  And I am glad of it.

Here's to Everybody!  And I'm very glad to know all of you.

That is a great post. If only people would see a disagreement as a way to see things from a different perspective as opposed to a personal affront, there would be less bickering.  That is why you are an analyst. :)

You really missed out on the earlier days of the forum. Was @Dustin  still here when you signed up? He wrote up some fantastic scouting reports that got lots of responses. They were so thought-provoking. Did you follow the 2015 draft? Dustin wrote scouting reports on many players. He was one of the very few who liked Grady Jarrett and wanted Grigson to select him early in the draft.

I value this forum a lot. Many fans have come and gone. When I first signed up in 2014 there were fans from other teams posting all the time. It was a lot of fun. It still is.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is a great post. If only people would see a disagreement as a way to see things from a different perspective as opposed to a personal affront. That is why you are an analyst. :)

You really missed out on the earlier days of the forum. Was @Dustin  still here when you signed up. He wrote up some fantastic scouting reports that got lots of responses. They were so thought-provoking. Did you follow the 2015 draft? Dustin wrote scouting reports on many players. He was one of the very few who liked Grady Jarrett and wanted Grigson to select him early in the draft.

I value this forum a lot. Many fans have come and gone. When I first signed up in 2014 there were fans from other teams posting all the time. It was a lot of fun. It still is.

Did I follow the 2015 draft?  LOL, I've been watching the draft since 1988.  When Thurman Thomas sat alone in the blue room all alone until the 2nd round.

But, no, I wasn't following the forums in 2015.

For the record, I was for drafting Landon Collins in that draft.  And Bernardrick McKinney.  And Rob Havenstein.

11 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Did I follow the 2015 draft?  LOL, I've been watching the draft since 1988.  When Thurman Thomas saw alone in the blue room all alone until the 2nd round.

But, no, I wasn't following the forums in 2015.

For the record, I was for drafting Landon Collins in that draft.  And Bernardrick McKinney.  And Rob Havenstein.

Many here wanted Landon Collins. I remember folks wanting another defensive player that the Pats took soon after the Colts selected Dorsett (Mack Brown?). McKinney was popular too. Tyler Lockett was also very popular here (I think that was 2015 too). 

Anyway, it was so much fun.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I became a member before the 2015 season but was lurking, reading posts in here during the 2014 season playoffs because I wasn't a member anywhere. ESPN was no longer after the 2013 season. So, in a way I have been here technically since 2014. I just joined a few months later. I thought the deflate gate discussions were wild in here, so I joined in and just started posting. Pats fans were everywhere in here back then. Never thought I would end up with over 60,000 posts. That is nuts really. Anyway, I have to honestly say since the 2014 season (we made the AFC Title Game that year) regarding my time in here, I have enjoyed this season the most. 2018 and 2020 were fun/good too. This season as a fan is really hard to figure out. 1st it was, everyone just wanted to see AR and his progressions. Then it went too, winning actually matters and it is fun doing so in a wild season with all the injuries to other teams. This thing is wide open in reality. I can't remember a season quite like this one with all the injuries to several teams.

I find it hard to believe you didn’t think you would talk this much on here Homer…

Nervous Homer Simpson GIF

LOL lmao just joking buddy… love ya! You’re one of my favorites on here, wouldn’t be the same without ya :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dunk said:

Yep,

I met him at a tailgate on the Hurst bean lot,I thought his screen name was Tony Clifton. I remember the picture.

Yes - he went by Tony Clifton on the forums.  There were others I remember too...LedZepColt...I think he passed away in an auto accident or something like that.  SDColt was a moderator I believe...we chatted about college hoops (Terps vs Hoosiers) once in a while.  There was a Dolphins fan who posted on occasion and there was that Steeler's fan, IanWetstone, who would post as well.  The forums were more civil back then...but then again, society seemed to be more civil.  For the most part, people agreed to disagree and then moved on.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

Yes - he went by Tony Clifton on the forums.  There were others I remember too...LedZepColt...I think he passed away in an auto accident or something like that.  SDColt was a moderator I believe...we chatted about college hoops (Terps vs Hoosiers) once in a while.  There was a Dolphins fan who posted on occasion and there was that Steeler's fan, IanWetstone, who would post as well.  The forums were more civil back then...but then again, society seemed to be more civil.  For the most part, people agreed to disagree and then moved on.

Yeah,

LedZep was from California, and came to one game before he passed. 

Some of the folks on there left the Indy Star site for a more civil environment. I would read on the Star board, but I don't think I ever became a member. That was in dial up internet days.

3 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I find it hard to believe you didn’t think you would talk this much on here Homer…

Nervous Homer Simpson GIF

LOL lmao just joking buddy… love ya! You’re one of my favorites on here, wouldn’t be the same without ya :D

That GIF always gets me laughing. It looks like Homer is trying to get away with something and then sees Marge and doesn't know what to do lmao . How about this one too winning the best GIF- That was me after we won the SB haha 

• Thanks 1