Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline (MERGE)

sb41champs

Trade Deadline?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Colts Trade FOR a Player Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will the Colts TRADE a Player Away Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think that one is utterly insane. Colts would be all over that one is its were real...

I would be as well.

It actually came from a Bengals page, believe it or not?

Actually maybe Bengals page shared it as I think it was a PFF trade suggestion.

On 10/22/2023 at 12:30 AM, NFLfan said:

What trades are you interested in before the deadline?

Probably stupid to suggest, but I’d look at trying to trade Sam E and a low pick to Dallas for Trey Lance. Lance is more a Richardson Clone to back up AR, and signed for next year as well.  We’ll probably lose Minshew next year.   Base Salary is same as Sam.  I do like Sam, but it’s pretty obvious by now Sam isn’t going to be the main back up in Steichen’s Offense. I believe Steichen can make Lance into a dependable QB if AR isn’t ready…..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, w87r said:

I would be as well.

It actually came from a Bengals page, believe it or not?

Actually maybe Bengals page shared it as I think it was a PFF trade suggestion.

Your probably right as to where that one originated.

6 hours ago, masterlock said:

Let's say they trade Moss for a 4th or 5th. Then what? Do they draft an RB with a 4th or 5th? And if so, is that player going to be as good as Moss? With Moss, you know what you have, and given the RB market, I'm not sure I see him commanding a large salary. If the Colts can get him on an affordable contract, then why use a pick on an RB when there are other needs. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong--an opinion can't be wrong since it's an opinion. But I just don't see what the Colts gain by trading away a capable backup when there's always a risk that Taylor could get injured. This is especially true when you're giving him a heavy workload.

No you don’t Draft another RB. Hull will be back next season, and they are really high on him. So he steps in to replace Moss. The pick can be used to trade up or used to address other positions of need.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Probably stupid to suggest, but I’d look at trying to trade Sam E and a low pick to Dallas for Trey Lance. Lance is more a Richardson Clone to back up AR, and signed for next year as well.  We’ll probably lose Minshew next year.   Base Salary is same as Sam.  I do like Sam, but it’s pretty obvious by now Sam isn’t going to be the main back up in Steichen’s Offense. I believe Steichen can make Lance into a dependable QB if AR isn’t ready…..

I think Dallas feels like they stole Trey Lance.   I think the Cowboys feel like Lance might be their short term future and maybe more if they move on from Dak.  So I don’t see them turning around and trading him for Sam E.   I don’t think the Cowboys would go for it at all. 

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think Dallas feels like they stole Trey Lance.   I think the Cowboys feel like Lance might be their short term future and maybe more if they move on from Dak.  So I don’t see them turning around and trading him for Sam E.   I don’t think the Cowboys would go for it at all. 

I prefaced the post by saying it was probably stupid to suggest- but I’d love it if they did it.

This is the perfect time for Ballard to do his Buckner thing.  Trade our 1st pick for a young starting player in a position of need.  Even if we have to add to the 1st pick I wouldn’t mind.  Surtain would be perfect.  A young WR to eventually play alongside AR.  Maybe an ER like Burns, Sweat or Chubb.  We are going to be facing some pretty good young quarterbacks in our division for a long time now.  So an experienced ER might be a good move.. We have our young quarterback as well.  So getting a difference maker at the deadline seems like a better use of our pick then hoping our 1st rd rookie is the answer.   That’s how I see it.  

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

I don't think anybody would be interested, but I'd like to see them trade Leonard. 

He's an absolute shell of his former self. 

NObody is picking up that albatross of a contract. Even if the Colts eat a large chunk of it. Leonard is a Colt through this year. Next year, I suspect he’s gone….he’ll take that buyout check and hopefully ride off into a healthy retirement. 

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is the perfect time for Ballard to do his Buckner thing.  Trade our 1st pick for a young starting player in a position of need.  Even if we have to add to the 1st pick I wouldn’t mind.  Surtain would be perfect.  A young WR to eventually play alongside AR.  Maybe an ER like Burns, Sweat or Chubb.  We are going to be facing some pretty good young quarterbacks in our division for a long time now.  So an experienced ER might be a good move.. We have our young quarterback as well.  So getting a difference maker at the deadline seems like a better use of our pick then hoping our 1st rd rookie is the answer.   That’s how I see it.  

I’d keep the first rounder and use it on a WR1 next year. I doubt anyone will pay a first round price for Surtain. A 2nd next year and maybe a 3rd in 2025? Now you’re talking. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I’d keep the first rounder and use it on a WR1 next year. I doubt anyone will pay a first round price for Surtain. A 2nd next year and maybe a 3rd in 2025? Now you’re talking. 

And that WR 1 could turn out to be a miss.  Nothing is guaranteed in the draft.  But trading your 1st pick for a WR1 like the Bills did for Diggs has a much better chance of succeeding.  Fans deciding on what a player is worth is just an opinion.  That’s what GM’s decide.  I would much rather use that 1st pick on a proven difference maker.  Position doesn’t matter.  That’s for Ballard to decide.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoose said:

NObody is picking up that albatross of a contract. Even if the Colts eat a large chunk of it. Leonard is a Colt through this year. Next year, I suspect he’s gone….he’ll take that buyout check and hopefully ride off into a healthy retirement. 

I expect he will get a fair look at training camp and if he looks the same as he does now, he's a goner.  I also expect Ballard to pick a LB or two in the next draft.

3 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Does anyone think we will trade Moss with how much we paid Taylor?

Maybe, but I’m not sure we could get a lot for him. Ballard might be satisfied keeping him the rest of the season and letting him walk in FA. I don’t think he wants to be here as RB2. 

Many of the teams remaining on our schedule could very well be sellers at the deadline.  And if they jettison some players they will most likely be weaker than they are right now.  That should increase our chances of winning and making the playoffs.  I’m hoping Ballard sees that and tries to acquire some help for the team at the deadline.  A good addition or two at the deadline could really make a difference this year and the following seasons.  So here’s hoping and keeping my fingers crossed.

14 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Based on $$$.

So after Sunday's game we will owe Moss about $720,000 for the rest of the season.

So you trade him then elevate someone to the roster and pay them hopefully the minimum say, $350,000. So what ya think.

14 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

As soon as the Rams put Kyren Williams on IR I mused if they would make a call about Moss. Not like they have a history of that or anything…

Moss is a goner. He’s played well enough some team is going to give him a shot next season. He’s not gonna take less money to play less snaps on a team he’s not married to in any way. He was traded here less than a year ago. We can’t afford to give him what he wants and if the Rams were to call and offer a 4th for him, I think it would be a really good idea to take the deal. 

I’m as critical of Ballard as anyone, but literally the one position I don’t have any doubt he can scout is RB. We’ve never had a miss, or even been thin at the position under his tenure. He found Mack. Hines. Taylor. He made the trade for Moss. Deon Jackson stepped up and hit a grand slam when we really needed him to. Who was the kid who did that in 2019 before we drafted Taylor while Mack was hurt? 

I have 100% faith in Ballard to replace Moss with a suitable replacement at RB2. Try to get a 4 for Moss and let Ballard do what he does. 

It’s better than getting nothing and losing Moss I’m January to a team like Washington, Arizona, or LA.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

As soon as the Rams put Kyren Williams on IR I mused if they would make a call about Moss. Not like they have a history of that or anything…

Moss is a goner. He’s played well enough some team is going to give him a shot next season. He’s not gonna take less money to play less snaps on a team he’s not married to in any way. He was traded here less than a year ago. We can’t afford to give him what he wants and if the Rams were to call and offer a 4th for him, I think it would be a really good idea to take the deal. 

I’m as critical of Ballard as anyone, but literally the one position I don’t have any doubt he can scout is RB. We’ve never had a miss, or even been thin at the position under his tenure. He found Mack. Hines. Taylor. He made the trade for Moss. Deon Jackson stepped up and hit a grand slam when we really needed him to. Who was the kid who did that in 2019 before we drafted Taylor while Mack was hurt? 

I have 100% faith in Ballard to replace Moss with a suitable replacement at RB2. Try to get a 4 for Moss and let Ballard do what he does. 

It’s better than getting nothing and losing Moss I’m January to a team like Washington, Arizona, or LA.  

If we win Sunday I think he stays for the playoffs.  if we lose he might due a trade.  

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Based on $$$.

So after Sunday's game we will owe Moss about $720,000 for the rest of the season.

So you trade him then elevate someone to the roster and pay them hopefully the minimum say, $350,000. So what ya think.

Go thin on the RB room to save $370k?  No. JMO

On 10/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, richard pallo said:

Two words...Trace Young