Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline (MERGE)

sb41champs

Trade Deadline?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Colts Trade FOR a Player Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will the Colts TRADE a Player Away Before the Trade Deadline?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This is good news.  

Not too surprising, he is 2nd in rushing yards while missing week 1 completely and splitting time the last 3 weeks.

I don't want to get rid of him but I think it's the right move for both parties.

He deserves to get a chance to still be a lead back somewhere. He is definitely more than capable. We can get some compensation for a guy about to hit FA, and to be looking for a#1 role, not to be a backup here.

Will be fine if he stays, I just don't see how you take anymore carries from him.

Maybe it will be good for Taylor's legs to just split the touches the rest of the year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is the one that makes sense. Maybe a player at CB in return instead of a pick. I don’t believe that twitter. They are trolls and they didn’t put a source.

I don't believe 99% of Twitter, but why wouldn't teams be interested in Moss?

Plenty of teams that need a RB, they know we just paid Taylor, so of course they are going to check in on Moss.

Who puts their source? Usually just say per source 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not too surprising, he is 2nd in rushing yards while missing week 1 completely and splitting time the last 3 weeks.

I don't want to get rid of him but I think it's the right move for both parties.

He deserves to get a chance to still be a lead back somewhere. He is definitely more than capable. We can get some compensation for a guy about to hit FA, and to be looking for a#1 role, not to be a backup here.

Will be fine if he stays, I just don't see how you take anymore carries from him.

Maybe it will be good for Taylor's legs to just split the touches the rest of the year.

This could be the Colts chance to get a starting player at corner or WR or ER.  He could be part of a trade that also includes a pick.  I think back to yesterday and with no Moss on the roster JT gets the majority of carries in the 2nd half.  That could have worked out better for the Colts.  The stars might be aligning up favorably for the Colts here.  We will know very soon.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't believe 99% of Twitter, but why wouldn't teams be interested in Moss?

Plenty of teams that need a RB, they know we just paid Taylor, so of course they are going to check in on Moss.

Who puts their source? Usually just say per source 

Oh I think there is interest. I just think that twitter is always making stuff up. I don’t believe they have a source.  

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

This could be the Colts chance to get a starting player at corner or WR or ER.  He could be part of a trade that also includes a pick.  I think back to yesterday and with no Moss on the roster JT gets the majority of carries in the 2nd half.  That could have worked out better for the Colts.  The stars might be aligning up favorably for the Colts here.  We will know very soon.

Moss had 5 carries for 53yds in the 2nd half.

Our last run of the day came at the 4:36 mark of the 3rd quarter.

It wasn't because we gave Moss a bunch of carries, as to why Taylor didn't get more than 1.

Just stopped running 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I hope , for your mental stability, that Ballard finally makes some sort of deadline trade. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Washington is caught between a rock and a hard place.  They love them both but they can only afford one of the two.  They both will be FA at the end of the season.  Moving one makes sense.  ER is a primary need for the Colts.  I would expect Ballard to be very interested in one of these players.  We have our quarterback and LT.  Go get the pass rusher.

If we just wait it seems like we can sign "the other one" this spring and save the high round draft pick.  Makes no sense for a 3-5 team to use a draft pick for a player whose contract is expiring in 9 games.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If we just wait it seems like we can sign "the other one" this spring and save the high round draft pick.  Makes no sense for a 3-5 team to use a draft pick for a player whose contract is expiring in 9 games.

You acquire him now assuring he is your player without worrying about competition and then you extend him.  Proven young edge rushers are worth their weight in Gold.  A 2nd is not a big price to pay.  We haven’t found one since Ballard was signed seven years ago.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

You acquire him now assuring he is your player without worrying about competition and then you extend him.  Proven young edge rushers are worth their weight in Gold.  A 2nd is not a big price to pay.  We haven’t found one since Ballard was signed seven years ago.  

Sure we did.   Ballard signed Justin Houston and Denico Autry and both worked out well.   Plus, I’m not ready to write off Kwity and Dayo.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, w87r said:

Moss had 5 carries for 53yds in the 2nd half.

Our last run of the day came at the 4:36 mark of the 3rd quarter.

It wasn't because we gave Moss a bunch of carries, as to why Taylor didn't get more than 1.

Just stopped running 

Moss had five carries and Taylor one.  I would prefer our number one playmaker had all six in the second half.  He wasn’t given the big contract to watch Moss get the majority of carries.  He proved he was ready to roll in the 1st half alone.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure we did.   Ballard signed Justin Houston and Denico Autry and both worked out well.   Plus, I’m not ready to write off Kwity and Dayo.  

Ekubam is solid as well.

Even Lewis has stuck around and playing decent ball 

Also Ngakoue.

Just now, richard pallo said:

Moss had five carries and Taylor one.  I would prefer our number one playmaker had all six in the second half.  He wasn’t given the big contract to watch Moss get the majority of carries.  He proved he was ready to roll in the 1st half alone.

He had 5 carries for 53yds.

Not much to complain about there. Don't stop it from happening though....

Moving along.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Houston and Autry were ok but nowhere near the same level as Young or Sweat.  Neither are Kwity or Dayo.  They are trending average at best.  Did Kwity do anything yesterday?

Ekubam is solid as well.

Even Lewis has stuck around and playing decent ball 

Also Ngakoue.

He had 5 carries for 53yds.

Not much to complain about there. Don't stop it from happening though....

Moving along.

Taylor is elite Moss is not.  That’s why he got paid.  Moving along.  Btw.  Solid isn’t elite either.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Did Kwity do anything yesterday?

Yeah he did. He played like one of the best DE in the league yesterday.

From @Solid84thread:

Kwity Paye - Overall 76.3 - 50 total snaps (28 Rdef, 22Prsh) - No penalties. (Defense)

-- Run defense - 77.5

-- Tackling - 75.4 - No missed tackles, 6 Tackles, 2 Stops.

-- Passrush - 60.9 - No Sacks, Hits or Hurries.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I assume the colts would have to pay market price whether it’s an extension or a free agent signing.  I never thought of free agency as like eBay where two teams get into an emotional bidding war     But I could be wrong.   

36 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Houston and Autry were ok but nowhere near the same level as Young or Sweat.  Neither are Kwity or Dayo.  They are trending average at best.  Did Kwity do anything yesterday?

First off, Young was the second overall pick in his draft.   Not sure it’s fair to compare anyone to that.   But having said that, Young has been injured most of his career after a very good rookie year.   He hasn’t done all that much.   That’s why Washington is willing to trade him.   If he was what Wash hoped he’d be the Commanders wouldn’t be trying to trade him.    And Sweat had a heart condition which is reportedly why the Colts didn’t draft him that night.   Lots of teams passed on him in that draft.   So I doubt we’d be willing to trade for him now.   Those decisions are almost always made by the owner and team doctor. 

So I think there are legit reasons why the Colts won’t acquire either player. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bears-give-jaylon-johnson-permission-to-seek-a-trade

Bears give CB Jaylon Johnson permission to seek a trade

...24-year-old Johnson was a second-round pick in 2020 and is in the final year of his rookie contract. He and the Bears have reportedly been far apart in negotiations on an extension, and if the Bears think he’s going to leave in free agency in March anyway, it makes more sense to move him now, assuming they can get more for him than the potential compensatory pick they could get if another team signs him.

When healthy, Johnson has started every game since his rookie year, and he’d provide an instant upgrade to any NFL secondary...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bears-give-jaylon-johnson-permission-to-seek-a-trade

...24-year-old Johnson was a second-round pick in 2020 and is in the final year of his rookie contract. He and the Bears have reportedly been far apart in negotiations on an extension, and if the Bears think he’s going to leave in free agency in March anyway, it makes more sense to move him now, assuming they can get more for him than the potential compensatory pick they could get if another team signs him.

When healthy, Johnson has started every game since his rookie year, and he’d provide an instant upgrade to any NFL secondary...

He is young and we can get him for a 4th rounder, at worst, since our 4th rounder would be high enough, and a 5th rounder at best. Or do a 4th and 6th if they insist on a Day 2 pick.

Did you guys see the Seahawks getting Leonard Williams from the Giants for a 3rd and a 5th?

44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He is young and we can get him for a 4th rounder, at worst, since our 4th rounder would be high enough, and a 5th rounder at best. Or do a 4th and 6th if they insist on a Day 2 pick.

Did you guys see the Seahawks getting Leonard Williams from the Giants for a 3rd and a 5th?

You're not getting him for a 4th round pick.

He would net them a 3rd round comp pick if they just let him hit the market.

Will be a least a 2nd. He is also grading out as the 3rd best CB in the league right now 

84.4 grade (3/116)

And Leonard Williams got traded for a 2nd and a 5th, not a 3rd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Not a trade but a liftle  confused as to why we need a guard and who got cut? Someone try to steal him off the PS?

Believe he has played some Center? Maybe that is Boettger? Maybe both.

Team might be ready to move on from Sills, French or Hambright?

I noticed the late adds of Boettger and Anderson have now left to active roster spots.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I was going to talk about this. I would be thrilled to get him. Would trade a 3rd if we could extend him right away.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

You're not getting him for a 4th round pick.

He would net them a 3rd round comp pick if they just let him hit the market.

Will be a least a 2nd. He is also grading out as the 3rd best CB in the league right now 

84.4 grade (3/116)

And Leonard Williams got traded for a 2nd and a 5th, not a 3rd.

Thanks, I knew something wasn't right for a player of caliber of Leonard Williams, it is a great addition to the Seahawks DL, IMO.

Yeah, I would personally be fine with giving our high 3rd rounder for Jaylon Jones, to be honest. Cheaper than Patrick Surtain, who probably is untouchable at this point. 

Might take a 3rd and Kenny Moore.

That is a bit steep, when we can have the only quality vet presence in our secondary for another couple of years, which is the direction I think Ballard will go. If that is the case, I would wait for the draft and invest a 1st or 2nd rounder on a quality CB in a deep CB draft. Bears should be realistic, and if not, they can settle for the 3rd round compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd round, if they flat out don't take our high 3rd rounder. I would be fine throwing in a 5th or 6th to go with it, tops, in addition to the 3rd.

• Like 1

Just now, krunk said:

WR or CB would be nice but we usually don't make any moves at the deadline in Ballard history. Circumstances may change that this year so we will see. I'm about 50/50 right now.

If we trade for a big name and extend him, then I'm fine with that. If we sell and get a couple draft picks, I'm also fine with that. I just don't want to stand pat and do nothing. 

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

Ballard should be all over this.  How lucky can he get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kemisk said:

Yup Ballard should have made that trade. 34.5 career sacks 

Chicago could make that trade far more easily as they took in a huge haul from Carolina in their trade.   

Also Sweat has a heart condition.   If the Colts rejected him 4 years ago, I doubt the Colts team doctor would change his mind.  

Just sayin…. 

• Like 3