Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears postgame thread

GoColts8818

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen just said he is leaning on playing starters against eagles but isn’t sure yet.

Shaq has a concussion 

This is a 4th or 5th concussion for Leonard. This is getting serious. And those are just the documented ones. :( 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I have to be completely honest guys. We might have a problem. I mean 0 attempts, 0 completions, and 0 carries? It's like AR wasn't even there 😂

We finally have the dream QB for Reich(one that hands the ball to the RB) on first and second down and he's gone. What could have been... :P

3 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

From the tidbits I’ve read here and there it’s like Reich is kind of stinking it up thus far in Carolina. You know bad play calling, poor results, tepid o-line results… man it’s so good not to have him calling our plays anymore.

And all that fool has to do for the most part is hand the play calling over to his OC.  Or maybe look at giving it to Jim Caldwell, but he refuses to do so bc he thinks he's Andy Reid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My observations from last nights game. First off, man it sure is going to be fun to watch Richardson this year(and hopefully many, many more to come). The main takeaway from last nights game, and I hate to emphasize this, was the officiating. If that's the way the Colt games are going to be officiated this year we will have a very hard time to even win 3 games. THREE first downs nullified by penalties in the FIRST quarter alone!!!!!!(and, by the way, the Buffalo game was just as bad). Enough about the historically bad officiating in the nfl. 

Now on to the action: Minshew and Ehlinger both look good. Freeland, Hull, Leo, and Jones will make the team(and Mallory probably will also). Downs looks fantastic. I think Amari Rogers and Strahan will be the 5th and 6th receivers. Cross looks good. Mutin will make the team. Going to need tighter coverage from the corners, the 50 year problem of giving a 5 yard cushion on every play needs to end. One point about that, atleast we aren't paying a corner 14 million this year to roam around the secondary as we give up 3rd and longs, great move by Ballard to trade Gilmore! And the Gilmore trade brought the pick we used to draft Hull. Glad Muhammed is back. Paye, Ebukan, Dayo, Muhammed and Leo will be the ends with Dayo also kicking inside. Buckner, Stewert, Adebawore, and Johnson will be the tackles. Linebacker still looks thin. Mutin, Doman, and Stuard should be the 3 backups. All in all a good job last night, too bad the officiating was just downright ridiculous. Let's get the starters back out there some on Thursday, and get ready for week one.

• Like 1

Watching the game now... 

- Jaylon Jones - good stuff, looked in phase and competitive at the catch point. Very disruptive for the WRs

- Brents is huge and is able to completely blow up any screen play to the sideline. I'm not certain he will work out as CB, because there is a certain sluggishness in his initial movement off the line. But lets see... 

- Eric Johnson II - he looked so much better than last year. I think he might have a legit role this year and be regular part of our rotation. Looked like our best linemen out there. Nice to see... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Brents is a rookie too, right?

Meant Rush got beat for the TD, but it was a rookie mistake falling for the move.  Brent’s seems to always be behind the play.  

It’s really hard to tell without seeing the All 22.  I could be wrong.  

5 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I have written Leonard off already myself. I don’t think he will stay healthy and I think he will end up retiring soon, perhaps before the start of next year. Just my gut feeling on the guy.

He isn't gonna retire until his guaranteed money is paid out.   Why would he?

Starting lineups last night

https://1075thefan.com/playlist/5-things-learned-colts-sit-anthony-richardson-against-bears/

"Offensive Starters: QB-Gardner Minshew, RB-Deon Jackson, LT-Blake Freeland, LG-Carter O’Donnell, C-Danny Pinter, RG-Arlington Hambright, RT-Dan Skipper, WR-Breshad Perriman, WR-Josh Downs, WR-Juwann Winfree, TE-Pharoah Brown

-Defensive Starters: DE-Tyquan Lewis, DT-Taven Bryant, DT-Eric Johnson, DE-Dayo Odeyingbo, LB-Grant Stuard, LB-Cameron McGrone, CB-Dallis Flowers, CB-Tony Brown, CB-Darrell Baker Jr., S-Trevor Denbow S-Nick Cross."

Still waiting to find snap counts.

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This is his 3rd as a Colt

Yeah, thanks for the exact number. I remember he was talking about retirement after one of them. I think he said he had headaches for 3 weeks non stop and was questioning whether he'd ever be able to play again... Scary stuff. Hope he's OK. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I love Steichen! His facial expressions on the sideline are Grudenesque! He is animated, ticked off, more F bombs flying on the sideline. I wonder if that is going to continue? 
have we ever had a coach that rips through answers in pressers faster than him!!

Apparently Joel Erickson said they cost a few seconds of Steichen on a hot mic after the presser last night and it was funny. Didn’t say what he said though.

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Meant Rush got beat for the TD, but it was a rookie mistake falling for the move.  Brent’s seems to always be behind the play.  

It’s really hard to tell without seeing the All 22.  I could be wrong.  

Got it.  I think someone else posted Brents has just started practicing recently, and is a little behind the 8-ball.  Hopefully they both improve as the season goes on!  I'm rooting for them!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Yeah, thanks for the exact number. I remember he was talking about retirement after one of them. I think he said he had headaches for 3 weeks non stop and was questioning whether he'd ever be able to play again... Scary stuff. Hope he's OK. 

Yeah.  He missed 3 or 4 games with that one

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

What part of our run game gives you confidence we'd be fine without Taylor?

Short yardage runs.  RB passes.  That some guys can push their way in for a 1st down, and some guys can jitter bug their way for better yardage.  No, none of them are going to go to a pro bowl.  But they are effective in what they are doing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Short yardage runs.  RB passes.  That some guys can push their way in for a 1st down, and some guys can jitter bug their way for better yardage.  No, none of them are going to go to a pro bowl.  But they are effective in what they are doing.

Plus AR is going to be drawing a lot of attention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Yea but you can kind of thank Sam for that because he scampered around a ton avoiding would-be sacks.

Or, they played decently.  What's so difficult about giving them credit for playing well?  Is it because it goes against the narrative?

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

Got it.  I think someone else posted Brents has just started practicing recently, and is a little behind the 8-ball.  Hopefully they both improve as the season goes on!  I'm rooting for them!

Me 2!  I'm hoping that Brents is playing a little slow because he's not 100% sure where he should be yet.  That will come with reps.

I think the future is bright with the Colts DBs.  Lots of athleticism, but needing experience.

I wish I could say the same about the O line, lol!

5 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

He's awful.

DT is a hard position to learn.  If you watched AA, he drives back the G but he doesn't shed the block.  Once he learns to do that, he's plenty fast enough to do damage.  And with his speed, he could even play on the outside if needed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

You're easily impressed my friend 

We still need a starting RG.... That person is not on the team..... 

Pinter?  Nope

Fries? Nope

Risner predicted contract is about 10 per year

Want to develop a rookie QB?

Keep him safe, give him some time to devlop ....... this is a no brainer brainer, as this is the biggest hole on this team

This guy is a MAULER, that will allow this offense to run the ball

Our current RGs are the weak link that other teams can plan around

They get shoved into the backfield 75% of the time seemingly

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

He's awful.

I just haven't noticed him at all. I will have to watch last nights game again.

The strange thing is, I read on more than one draft website, where their pundits were saying Adetomiwa Adebawore could end up one of the the biggest steals of the entire NFL draft.

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Adetomiwa Adebawore could end up one of the the biggest steals of the entire NFL draft

Could be, I thought so too, but will need a little time.

"He's awful" was an awful take.

I know that wasn't you, just saying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I love Steichen! His facial expressions on the sideline are Grudenesque! He is animated, ticked off, more F bombs flying on the sideline. I wonder if that is going to continue? 
have we ever had a coach that rips through answers in pressers faster than him!!

Maybe a PHD level FB IQ.   A Very fast decision maker. I believe he is going to see and react to the action on the field at a higher level than what we had become accustomed to. Thank goodness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacDee1975 said:

He's awful.

I wouldn’t say awful, he was consistent on pressure and pushing the guard/ center back into the pocket. He has trouble disengaging though. This was well known to be one of his issues. With time and coaching this guy can be incredibly disruptive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Or, they played decently.  What's so difficult about giving them credit for playing well?  Is it because it goes against the narrative?

Nope. They played “fair”…but you can go back and rewatch and even the commentators were saying that the O-line was having a lot of trouble protecting the QB. They mentioned it several times in a row as I recall.