Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears postgame thread

GoColts8818

The 2nd half was basically a USFL game, fun and frustrating, and most of the guys won’t be playing in the NFL.

The thing that frustrates the H out of me is - Why won’t the NFL get full time referees?   It’s a billion dollar industry and the officiating (at least in this game) is pathetic.  

• Like 6

I'm glad we scored more than the other team (barely).

Sam making a case for keeping 3 QB's on the roster.

My biggest takeaway was seeing that the Colts could be satisfied with keeping Jackson, Hull, Funk, and Drake as their RB's, and not even care if JT plays or not.

Oh, and Rick Venturi broke the Basically Meter again.

• Like 2

Maybe it’s hard to really tell, but from what I’ve seen Brents doesn’t look good.  We can forgive Rush, rookie mistake.  Brent’s looks slow.

Does Philly have any ex Colts receivers…oh yeah…. Look for Deon Cain to score next Thursday.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Maybe it’s hard to really tell, but from what I’ve seen Brents doesn’t look good.  We can forgive Rush, rookie mistake.  Brent’s looks slow.

Does Philly have any ex Colts receivers…oh yeah…. Look for Deon Cain to score next Thursday.  

Brents looks like he's missed a lot of practice.

Oh...  This just in:  he HAS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The 2nd half was basically a USFL game, fun and frustrating, and most of the guys won’t be playing in the NFL.

The thing that frustrates the H out of me is - Why won’t the NFL get full time referees?   It’s a billion dollar industry and the officiating (at least in this game) is pathetic.  

Community Reaction GIF

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm glad we scored more than the other team (barely).

Sam making a case for keeping 3 QB's on the roster.

My biggest takeaway was seeing that the Colts could be satisfied with keeping Jackson, Hull, Funk, and Drake as their RB's, and not even care if JT plays or not.

Oh, and Rick Venturi broke the Basically Meter again.

Moss?

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Because the referee’s union doesn’t want them.  It’s not the NFL.  Most of these guys have very high paying jobs (such as being lawyers) and they would have to give those jobs up to become full time officials and they don’t want to do that and the NFL doesn’t want to replace them with guys who wouldn’t be as good (anyone remember the replacements refs?)

• Thanks 1

Just now, w87r said:

Moss?

I’m guessing it’s going to be Taylor, Moss, Jackson and Hull.   That’s if Moss is ready.  

I expected to see a lot more of Drake tonight.  So does that mean he’s secured a spot, or does it mean he looked so bad in practice they know he’s not going to make the roster?

8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Brents looks like he's missed a lot of practice.

Oh...  This just in:  he HAS.

If anyone saw the pre-game it was a big deal to Brents to be fulfilling a life long dream of playing for his hometown team tonight.  It’s also possible he got caught up in the moment.  He wouldn’t be the first young player to have that happen to him.

• Like 2

I will talk about other things, but first off, the refereeing was just completely unacceptable.

From not being able to articulate the calls, to saying the wrong thing when announcing the call. 

To just straight up not knowing the rules.

If 2 team have offsetting penalties, and one is 15yds and the other is a 5yd penalty. The 5yd penalty goes away and the 15yd penalty stands.

Just straight up blew that call and Steichen was letting them know about it.

Anyway, that was atrocious, will move on to other things now.

/Rant

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because the referee’s union doesn’t want them.  It’s not the NFL.  Most of these guys have very high paying jobs (such as being lawyers) and they would have to give those jobs up to become full time officials and they don’t want to do that and the NFL doesn’t want to replace them with guys who wouldn’t be as good (anyone remember the replacements refs?)

Yeah, that’s true.  Maybe it’s time to turn it over to AI officiating.  

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If anyone saw the pre-game it was a big deal to Brents to be fulfilling a life long dream of playing for his hometown team tonight.  It’s also possible he got caught up in the moment.  He wouldn’t be the first young player to have that happen to him.

He just looks rusty. He will be fine by the time the season starts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’m guessing it’s going to be Taylor, Moss, Jackson and Hull.   That’s if Moss is ready.  

I expected to see a lot more of Drake tonight.  So does that mean he’s secured a spot, or does it mean he looked so bad in practice they know he’s not going to make the roster?

Even if Moss isn't ready for game 1, I don't think he needs 4 weeks if placed on IR. He would still need to make final 53 to do that also.

Better chance it seems that Taylor will stay in the PUP to start the season

As far as Drake, I haven't been to impressed with him, so I think it might be the opposite.

The team would rather see the other guys?

That's all speculation on my end.(Drake part)

Looking forward to doing a roster cut down projection.

Will say as far as RBs, probably thinking.

Taylor(PUP, miss 6 games minimum)

Moss

Jackson

Hull

Funk

If we keep 4, will need to see that in the realm of my cut down projection.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

...as far as RBs, probably thinking.

Taylor(PUP, miss 6 games minimum)

Moss

Jackson

Hull

Funk

If we keep 4, will need to see that in the realm of my cut down projection.

You could be right? Funny how Taylor is demanding a big contract extension or else trade, when he may end up missing 6 games because he is not healthy enough to play

• Like 1

Just now, 1959Colts said:

You could be right? Funny how Taylor is demanding a big contract extension or else trade, when he may end up missing 6 games because he is not healthy enough to play

The clock is ticking.

Either he will be playing week 1 or will be out minimum of 6 games.

Gonna have to decide what he wants to do. Good chance he sees all his money this year if he keeps on the injury angle and doesn't play.

Although I would think that the Colts could take that to arbitration and win.

And yeah Taylor and his agent played it completely wrong.

Should've came back took physical and showed he was healthy and then actually held out, if he didn't get his bag.

The injury angle was a bad one. Now team has concerns about health (if true), no extension even if they were planning on offering one, and he wants traded, but is hurt (allegedly), so value is perceived to be low.

Wasn't well thought out of and is rather disappointing.

I would of been much more understanding at the healthy holdout.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

The clock is ticking.

Either he will be playing week 1 or will be out minimum of 6 games.

Gonna have to decide what he wants to do. Good chance he sees all his money this year if he keeps on the injury angle and doesn't play.

Although I would think that the Colts could take that to arbitration and win.

And yeah Taylor and his agent played it completely wrong.

Should've came back took physical and showed he was healthy and then actually held out, if he didn't get his bag.

The injury angle was a bad one. Now team has concerns about health (if true), no extension even if they were planning on offering one, and he wants traded, but is hurt (allegedly), so value is perceived to be low.

Wasn't well thought out of and is rather disappointing.

I would of been much more understanding at the healthy holdout.

This is a great point. If he says he is still injured how does that move things along. It’s not going to get you paid if your claiming your still injured. Just a bad move. Unless he truly isn’t healed yet.

• Like 3

I thought Skipper played well at RT tonight against the backups, whoever that is(never heard of him before tonight) Looked a little slow but is a big dude! Looked like he was the only one who was helping other Colts off the ground after a play too! Whoever #60 is doesnt stand a chance though!

• Like 5

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a great point. If he says he is still injured how does that move things along. It’s not going to get you paid if your claiming your still injured. Just a bad move. Unless he truly isn’t healed yet.

And if he's still not healed from the surgery? Then one has to wonder, after this long,  if his operation was a failure, and will he ever be right without another procedure?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a great point. If he says he is still injured how does that move things along. It’s not going to get you paid if you’re claiming you’re still injured. Just a bad move. Unless he truly isn’t healed yet.

Rather he is still injured or not it has created a what if and players with what ifs don’t get large paydays in the NFL.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

I thought Skipper played well at RT tonight against the backups, whoever that is(never heard of him before tonight) Looked a little slow but is a big dude! Looked like he was the only one who was helping other Colts off the ground after a play too! Whoever #60 is doesnt stand a chance though!

#60 is Vanderslice

Skipper is 6'10" and he started 6 games for the Lions last year a guard actually. Way to big to play Guard, which is probably why he didn't grade out to well inside. If he can be more straight up and use his extension he can be effective.

The thing I like about him coming over from the Lions is him coming from what seems to be a nicely built culture up there in Detroit.

Gonna be interesting.

• Like 3

Just now, 1959Colts said:

Hard to predict which WRs they will keep.

Eagles practice/game is going to be big for a lot of players

Well we know Pittman, Pierce, and Downs are locks.  

From there you are right.  Someone is going to get a chance because of Dulin’s injury.  I think McKenzie is probably safe.  From there the last two spots (if they keep six) are complete toss ups and pretty much comes down to who you like more.  Right now I am leaning Winfree and Strachan but don’t think either is close to a lock.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Isn’t Stuard a guy we got in a trade? That guy is always flying around.

I like we have experience now at WR. So it’s not a bunch of unproven depth WR. We got guys that have played well in the league.

Yeah he was the guy they got last year when the cut the linebacker everyone loved in the pre-season last year who went to the Bears.  Personally I think Franklin and Speed’s development justified that as Stuart was brought in for special teams and has been really good in that role.  Now that he looks to be developing into a good back up linebacker just makes it even more clear it was the right move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well we know Pittman, Pierce, and Downs are locks.  

From there you are right.  Someone is going to get a chance because of Dulin’s injury.  I think McKenzie is probably safe.  From there the last two spots (if they keep six) are complete toss ups and pretty much comes down to who you like more.  Right now I am leaning Winfree and Strachan but don’t think either is close to a lock.

See I think they might go with experience as their depth WR. Having guys that have done it instead of unproven depth is really good.

• Like 1