Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears postgame thread

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well we know Pittman, Pierce, and Downs are locks.  

From there you are right.  Someone is going to get a chance because of Dulin’s injury.  I think McKenzie is probably safe.  From there the last two spots (if they keep six) are complete toss ups and pretty much comes down to who you like more.  Right now I am leaning Winfree and Strachan but don’t think either is close to a lock.

Yeah McKenzie is lock.

I'm leaning Rodgers and Winfree as my last 2 if I end up keeping 6 on my list.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry if this has been covered…..

Is there an update on Rush’s injury at all?     Ankle?   Knee?    Hamstring?   Something else?     Any other serious injury?  

Thanks in advance…

Hip

Haven't heard anything yet

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well we know Pittman, Pierce, and Downs are locks.  

From there you are right.  Someone is going to get a chance because of Dulin’s injury.  I think McKenzie is probably safe.  From there the last two spots (if they keep six) are complete toss ups and pretty much comes down to who you like more.  Right now I am leaning Winfree and Strachan but don’t think either is close to a lock.

I agree, McKenzie probably makes it. ST abilities may decide the last spot or spots

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Strachan is unproven despite being here awhile. Guys like Washington have done it. Steichen was excited with his touchdown in his presser.

Yeah I am not ruling Washington out.  Again, it really comes down to personal preference for those last two spots (again if they keep six).  Right now I have three as locks and a fourth as pretty much a lock.  The last two spots are still open.  Also, at least one if not both of those last two spots is probably going to come down to who does the best of special teams.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I am not ruling Washington out.  Again, it really comes down to personal preference for those last two spots (again if they keep six).  Right now I have three as locks and a fourth as pretty much a lock.  The last two spots are still open.  Also, at least one if not both of those last two spots is probably going to come down to who does the best of special teams.  

It will be interesting if they decide to keep more TE or a 6th WR. The tight ends have to get healthy. I won’t be shocked if cox  is cut l. 

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Titus Leo looks good

Yeah he was the only guy after the “starters”, and I use that loosely given how the roster management was handled tonight, who got a push tonight.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It will be interesting if they decide to keep more TE or a 6th WR. The tight ends have to get healthy. I won’t be shocked if cox  is cut l. 

At this point I’d be more shocked if Cox makes it than if he doesn’t.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

He needs to as well, as injuries are starting to pile up a DE also and we know Lewis history.

Speaking of DE injuries, anyone heard anything on Ekubam?

Honestly my first thought when the news about Avery broke was that probably meant Ekubam wasn’t hurt seriously or we would have heard about him about the same time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

At this point I’d be more shocked if Cox makes it than if he doesn’t.

My thoughts exactly.

Hopefully we can get a player or late pic swap for him.

He has a lot of guys nipping at his heels, he needed to be healthy this camp and hold his spot.

Cox - $5.3m cap hit

Granson - $1.12m

Woods - $1.22m

Ogletree - $795k

Mallory - $823k

Total - $3.958 cap hit

All 4 of these guys have a total cap hit lower than Cox's.

Tough to justify keeping him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

My thoughts exactly.

He has a lot of guys nipping at his heels, he needed to be healthy this camp and hold his spot.

Cox - $5.3m cap hit

Granson - $1.12m

Woods - $1.22m

Ogletree - $795k

Mallory - $823k

Total - $3.958 cap hit

And if he was doing such a great job to start with the Colts wouldn’t keep drafting tightends like they have since Doyle retired.  Clearly they had a hole to fill but they have been drafting tightends at a rate to over haul that whole room.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

My thoughts exactly.

Cox - $5.3m cap hit

Granson - $1.12m

Woods - $1.22m

Ogletree - $795k

Mallory - $823k

Total - $3.958 cap hit

And Pharaoh Brown - $1m Is probably a better blocker than Cox too

• Like 2

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

And if he was doing such a great job to start with the Colts wouldn’t keep drafting tightends like they have since Doyle retired.  Clearly they had a hole to fill but they have been drafting tightends at a rate to over haul that whole room.

Yeah, a lot things stacking, not in favor of Mo currently.

Ogletree might not even be kept, tbh?

He was drafted for the last regime. Guess we will see if Steichen likes him as well.

Would say he would be odd man out of if we happen to only keep 3?

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah, a lot things stacking, not in favor of Mo currently.

Ogletree might not even be kept, tbh?

He was drafted for the last regime. Guess we will see if Steichen likes him as well.

Would say he would be odd man out of if we happen to only keep 3?

Seems like Ogletree was getting run with the ones in practice. Did he get hurt again after coming back? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

And Pharaoh Brown - $1m Is probably a better blocker than Cox too

He definitely is, don't even think that's a question, but I mean he was kicked out of practice this week.(to be fair Steichen might undercover like that, but punished in public) and had a few rough reps today.

• Like 1

Seems like Ogletree was getting run with the ones in practice. Did he get hurt again after coming back? 

I'm not sure? I know Mallory did, but he's clearly back again.

Been so many "little" Steichen's words, injuries to keep up with the updates.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

I'm not sure? I know Mallory did, but he's clearly back again.

Been so many "little" Steichen's words, injuries to keep up with the updates.

I know they are probably being overly cautious with some of these guys. Woods and Cox have been weird. I think they have hamstrings so maybe they will be back at practice soon. 

• Like 1

Grandson and Mallory are pretty much the same kind of tight end. We will see if Mallory sticks. IRS hound to be a good year for Granson. Him and Richardson already have good chemistry.

Kinda view Mallory in the same light as Hull. In the aspect of those are the 2 guys at their positions that were drafted with Steichen's input. Gives them an advantage, slight, but a little leg up.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

Kinda view Mallory in the same light as Hull. In the aspect of those are the 2 guys at their positions that were drafted with Steichen's input. Gives them an advantage, slight, but a little leg up.

Yep. That’s why cox and maybe Ogletree might be on the outside. Granson  helped himself by staying healthy and showing Steichen what he can do.  Bur steichen doesn’t have a attachment to a lot of these guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Maybe it’s hard to really tell, but from what I’ve seen Brents doesn’t look good.  We can forgive Rush, rookie mistake.  Brent’s looks slow.

Does Philly have any ex Colts receivers…oh yeah…. Look for Deon Cain to score next Thursday.  

Brents is a rookie too, right?

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I like the way Steichen calls plays in a game much better than Frank Reich.

From the tidbits I’ve read here and there it’s like Reich is kind of stinking it up thus far in Carolina. You know bad play calling, poor results, tepid o-line results… man it’s so good not to have him calling our plays anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Touché to the sentiments here on the crappy refs. It really is mind blowing that the league just doesn’t get the full time refs. They could make it happen if they wanted to but they don’t want to pony up the money. Maybe pay the players a bit less so they can appropriate that to full time refs. Right!! Like the players would give up money for the sake of the game. haha 

I am still an Ehlinger fan…I think the kid could play if he had been given a proper chance with a good coach. But happy we have AR and Minshew also. I think it would be really fun to put a play package together where AR and Ehlinger along with Taylor are all in on the same play. Talk about defenses guessing which way the ball goes on that one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm glad we scored more than the other team (barely).

Sam making a case for keeping 3 QB's on the roster.

My biggest takeaway was seeing that the Colts could be satisfied with keeping Jackson, Hull, Funk, and Drake as their RB's, and not even care if JT plays or not.

Oh, and Rick Venturi broke the Basically Meter again.

What part of our run game gives you confidence we'd be fine without Taylor?

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Touché to the sentiments here on the crappy refs. It really is mind blowing that the league just doesn’t get the full time refs. They could make it happen if they wanted to but they don’t want to pony up the money. Maybe pay the players a bit less so they can appropriate that to full time refs. Right!! Like the players would give up money for the sake of the game. haha 

I am still an Ehlinger fan…I think the kid could play if he had been given a proper chance with a good coach. But happy we have AR and Minshew also. I think it would be really fun to put a play package together where AR and Ehlinger along with Taylor are all in on the same play. Talk about defenses guessing which way the ball goes on that one.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/223206/why-the-nfl-doesnt-already-have-full-time-officials-and-other-faq

5 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Sam is alright, knows whe too scramble but his deep ball is a budlight rainbow lol...