Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Bears postgame thread

GoColts8818

16 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

He plays rhythm guitar and sings half the songs.  They’re a work in progress but gaining some traction. They’ve opened for LA Guns, Faster *cat, Hinder, Stryper, EnuffZNuff to name a few. I’m trying to get them from local support to tour support. Broke my heart when he didn’t play baseball his senior year since I coached all of his travel teams. Poor kid has me as band manager now.

That’s awesome dad.  Looks like he found his calling. he’s going for it and having fun.  As long as he doesn’t get to caught up in the lifestyle.

My eldest is a junior 4.0 high IQ kid who wants to be a surgeon.  But he’s also in show choir, musical theatre and plays guitar bass and keys relatively well.  I told him I didn’t go for it when I was a kid.  I was and still actually am a talented singer/songwriter and actor who was encouraged to try to go for it by a few people but not my family.  I’m not putting them down at all they were poor and wanted me to have security .  

But I told my son to not sell himself short and go for it if he feels he wants to. I advise him to get his undergrad done but if he has a chance take it.  Med school will still be there if he tries and it doesn’t work out.  Worked out pretty well for Chris Stapleton lol.  His parents were shocked when he quit Vandy. He’s a genius level IQ guy.

i wouldn’t say I regret it badly but I do wish I would have given acting a shot.  I was pretty good on stage.  I wish I would have learned to play early and even now I play a little at parties and stuff and seem to be able to entertain.

I don’t mean to sound preachy here.  I’m talking to myself too lol.  Just giving you a perspective.

Enjoy the ride Dad. The world will still be there if he needs to find something else to do lol.

22 minutes ago, Nickster said:

That’s awesome dad.  Looks like he found his calling. he’s going for it and having fun.  As long as he doesn’t get to caught up in the lifestyle.

My eldest is a junior 4.0 high IQ kid who wants to be a surgeon.  But he’s also in show choir, musical theatre and plays guitar bass and keys relatively well.  I told him I didn’t go for it when I was a kid.  I was and still actually am a talented singer/songwriter and actor who was encouraged to try to go for it by a few people but not my family.  I’m not putting them down at all they were poor and wanted me to have security .  

But I told my son to not sell himself short and go for it if he feels he wants to. I advise him to get his undergrad done but if he has a chance take it.  Med school will still be there if he tries and it doesn’t work out.  Worked out pretty well for Chris Stapleton lol.  His parents were shocked when he quit Vandy. He’s a genius level IQ guy.

i wouldn’t say I regret it badly but I do wish I would have given acting a shot.  I was pretty good on stage.  I wish I would have learned to play early and even now I play a little at parties and stuff and seem to be able to entertain.

I don’t mean to sound preachy here.  I’m talking to myself too lol.  Just giving you a perspective.

Enjoy the ride Dad. The world will still be there if he needs to find something else to do lol.

Kind of in the same boat. He graduated with a 3.7 without much effort while playing baseball, working, and being in a band.  I told him to go to college when he wants to actually be there. Take a year and have some fun.  He’s totally self taught. No musical talent from me but he’s been going to bands like KISS & Alice Cooper since he was 5 years old.  So I did it to myself. 😂

A little off topic….  Been meaning to post about this since Saturday night….  

But watching while riding, I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful Lucas Oil looked.  Fantastic.   Like brand new.   So, I looked it up.   This is the 15th anniversary,  opened Aug of 08.   

The Stadium not only looks new yet also classic and timeless.   It was designed and built by the best…. HKS stadium architects.   I think it’s masterful.  A real jewel and something the city can be proud of for decades to come.   I don’t see Lucas Oil as a stadium the team would want to outgrow in 30 years.   I think she’s going to age gracefully.   A real civic treasure.   

Props and mad love to all….   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A little off topic….  Been meaning to post about this since Saturday night….  

But watching while riding, I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful Lucas Oil looked.  Fantastic.   Like brand new.   So, I looked it up.   This is the 15th anniversary,  opened Aug of 08.   

The Stadium not only looks new yet also classic and timeless.   It was designed and built by the best…. HKS stadium architects.   I think it’s masterful.  A real jewel and something the city can be proud of for decades to come.   I don’t see Lucas Oil as a stadium the team would want to outgrow in 30 years.   I think she’s going to age gracefully.   A real civic treasure.   

Props and mad love to all….   

It’s a great looking building.  Did they do something more to it?

Even though the Hoosier Dome was ugly as sin, I preferred it .   It was exponentially louder and there wasn’t a bad seat in the house.  Had season tix pMs 2nd and 3rd year in the top six about 10 yard line and they were great seats.  Had a buddy who was a mlb guy got us close seats on the 40 and much preferred the view from up top.

LOs has some pretty bad seat far from the actin and the volume isn’t there like the Dome

i do enjoy walking around at LOs though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nickster said:

It’s a great looking building.  Did they do something more to it?

Even though the Hoosier Dome was ugly as sin, I preferred it .   It was exponentially louder and there wasn’t a bad seat in the house.  Had season tix pMs 2nd and 3rd year in the top six about 10 yard line and they were great seats.  Had a buddy who was a mlb guy got us close seats on the 40 and much preferred the view from up top.

LOs has some pretty bad seat far from the actin and the volume isn’t there like the Dome

i do enjoy walking around at LOs though.

I agree. The RCA Dome didn’t have a bad seat in the house and you were much closer to the field. It was significantly louder than Lucas Oil.  Lucas Oil is beautiful and has all the amenities but yelling and screaming in the 500 and 600 levels in pointless.  

24 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I agree. The RCA Dome didn’t have a bad seat in the house and you were much closer to the field. It was significantly louder than Lucas Oil.  Lucas Oil is beautiful and has all the amenities but yelling and screaming in the 500 and 600 levels in pointless.  

5 600 be like

cave GIF

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 11:06 AM, King Colt said:

Starting when? Next year? I', sure AR will love that THIS year. Maybe you have forgotten a battered & beaten Andrew Luck. 

The End Of 18's Career As A Colt As Well . 

And For The School Teachers I Write The Way I Write .. It Is What It Is .