Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it against Colts morals to root for an AFC south rival to do well in the playoffs?

AKB

Is it against Colts morals to root for an AFC south rival to do well in the playoffs?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is it against Colts morals to root for an AFC south rival to do well in the playoffs?

• Yes, rooting for any other AFC south team is illegal.
    • No.

Once the Colts are out, I like to root for the teams we beat and I tend to side with the AFC. That said, the Patriots can forever kiss my !!!!! I will root for their opponents until the day I die. I also enjoy it when Tom Brady is embarrassed by his personal life. And their fans too. They suck too. Never have there been a worse group of fans. 

But yeah, I am a Colts fan first. However, I’m also a fan of the NFL. 

I voted no. I normally don't want any of our division foes to win a playoff game, but like Blue Shoe said there are teams not in our division I hold a bigger grudge against. Guess it depends on who they are playing.

I think because the divisions are so small and division games mean so much, I definitely automatically root against HOU/TEN/JAX no matter what.

Whereas in say, the NCAA, I'll root for B1G teams to go as far as possible. I just can't do that for the other AFCS teams lol

28 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I think because the divisions are so small and division games mean so much, I definitely automatically root against HOU/TEN/JAX no matter what.

Whereas in say, the NCAA, I'll root for B1G teams to go as far as possible. I just can't do that for the other AFCS teams lol

I guess my reasoning is I want them to do well.

got real tired of saying Luck and Peyton beat up on trash divisions. so if our division does well in playoffs without us, it kinda starts to erode the narrative our competition is sub-par in AFC south 

I dont think the Colts team roots for anyone but themselves (at least I would hope thats the way it goes down) .....individuals on the team or staff may root for one team or another I am sure, hometown team, childhood favorite team, have friends,  former coaches or colleagues , other rooting interests on a personal level which may cause them to "root" for another team....a very curious question, this thread. Why does it matter if the Colts root for someone? 

10 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Once the Colts are out, I like to root for the teams we beat and I tend to side with the AFC. That said, the Patriots can forever kiss my !!!!! I will root for their opponents until the day I die. I also enjoy it when Tom Brady is embarrassed by his personal life. And their fans too. They suck too. Never have there been a worse group of fans. 

But yeah, I am a Colts fan first. However, I’m also a fan of the NFL. 

Well put!   I don’t agree about Tom’s personal life, and (don’t ban me) I rooted for him as a Buc.  Us old guys have to stick together.

I have similar feelings about supporting B1G teams, except for TTUN, I always root against them.  

I admit, I was excited for the Jags when the beat the Chargers in that comeback victory in the playoffs last year. Not only was I rooting for Trevor Lawrence, but it was fun seeing a team build around a young franchise QB in FA and succeed. I have friends that root for all 3 division rivals actually. I really don't mind it if we are eliminated. 

To the OP, it's natural you were rooting for the underdog. It depends on the situation, like in 2017 when the Jags played the Pats in the AFC Title Game. I think almost everyone in here wanted to see Blake Bortles beat Tom Brady Happy Homer Simpson GIF- I have an uncle who is a Titans fan, has been since 1999 when they made the SB - he is from Kentucky. I have to say I have never rooted for them though haha . My uncle knows it too. I loved McNair, RIP to that guy, very sad. When it comes to Tannehill and this regime they have now, I can't stand them. I respect Henry but other than that they have been the luckiest team I have probably ever seen from 2019-2021. Tannehill could not carry McNair's jock strap.

I have never had any real hate toward the Texans because they were never threat to win it all. I also liked JJ Watt as a person. We also curb stomped them in the 2018 playoffs, Luck dominated and Watson looked bad.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To the OP, it's natural you were rooting for the underdog. It depends on the situation, like in 2017 when the Jags played the Pats in the AFC Title Game. I think almost everyone in here wanted to see Blake Bortles beat Tom Brady Happy Homer Simpson GIF- I have an uncle who is a Titans fan, has been since 1999 when they made the SB - he is from Kentucky. I have to say I have never rooted for them though haha . My uncle knows it too. I loved McNair, RIP to that guy, very sad. When it comes to Tannehill and this regime they have now, I can't stand them. I respect Henry but other than that they have been the luckiest team I have probably ever seen from 2019-2021. Tannehill could not carry McNair's jock strap.

I have never had any real hate toward the Texans because they were never threat to win it all. I also liked JJ Watt as a person. We also curb stomped them in the 2018 playoffs, Luck dominated and Watson looked bad.

thanks for sharing lol

On 3/17/2023 at 8:09 PM, BlueShoe said:

That said, the Patriots can forever kiss my !!!!! I will root for their opponents until the day I die. I also enjoy it when Tom Brady is embarrassed by his personal life. And their fans too. They suck too. Never have there been a worse group of fans. 

Hey, why don't you get off the fence and make a stand!!!

On 3/18/2023 at 11:28 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Everyone is allowed to root for whoever they like/whoever they hate least.

My father was born in NY, went to school in Boston, and married my mom who grew up in Baltimore...... so he liked the Yankees, Red Sox, and the Orioles. haha

What about the Colts?

Archived