Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gilmore traded to Cowboys

CR91

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramsey set the market. Younger and more years left. Only got a 3. 

5 was probably about right for a 32 yr old CB w only one year left no matter how good he was. 

we aren’t competing now. This is smart. Move guys that won’t be here for our competitive window in 2-3 years and get what you can now and build. 

inevitably more to follow. If our fan base gets mad at these the expectations for this year are unrealistic. This is year one of a 2-3 year rebuild. Set expectations accordingly and enjoy watching younger guys develop. 

If we are going to suck as bad as some of you on here say we are, why would we keep a 33 year old corner at 14 million dollars?????? We can go 6-11 without Gilmore just as easily as we could have with him! I personally think we are going to be  very competitive this year with Stiechen and if we can get the right qb(I'm still holding out hope for Stroud).

This is a good trade for both sides. Cleared 10m in cap space and got rid of an aging player on a non contender. Gilmore would have been miserable and gone after this year anyway. I'll take the 5th.

Gilmore gets to play on a contender and Cowboys get some needed CB help.

Just now, tvturner said:

If Ramsey is only pulling a 3rd, I think that price is fair.

Wonder if Kenny is next

Don’t know about Kenny.  I am sure Ballard is listening if teams are calling but haven’t heard his name being shopped like Kelly and Mo but also hadn’t heard Gilimore being shopped either.

Still your first point is spot on.  This isn’t Madden and unless your team is run by Bill O’Brien teams value draft picks like gold and hate to part with them.  You aren’t getting much for a 32 year old corner with one year left on his contract even if he is coming off a good year.  

Yipee!  Let's create another hole on the team.  That leaves Rodgers and a disgruntled underperforming Moore as our only 2 proven cbs.

Well done Ballard.  Now we need use even more of our resources to address cb.

Why bother hiring a bright young offensive mind if your just gonna saddle him with lousy personnel yet again?  I'm sure his plan is to resign Campbell Dulin and Patmon, run back the same mediocre WR unit we alwasy have, and fill our OL needs with his next brilliant Danny Pinter round 5 selection.

Cannot wait until this clown GM is gone after this season.

Also worth mentioning:

1) gilmore played exceptionally last year but it was a bounce back year at 32. No guarantees that would have continued for even this season alone. He definitely easing gonna be here in another year.

2) this draft is deeeeeep at Cb. And not just any corners. Long corners that we prefer. That 5th may net a solid one. And if not might enable ammo to move up In say the 4th for a better one that lingers. 

3) we can get by with average to slightly above average corners when you have a pass rush. If Kwity and dayo keep developing and ascending then we wouldn’t need elite cb play to still be successful 

glass half full view as we develop for the future 

13 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

inevitably more to follow. If our fan base gets mad at these the expectations for this year are unrealistic. This is year one of a 2-3 year rebuild. Set expectations accordingly and enjoy watching younger guys develop. 

This is why i was so against the trade for fields stuff.  Getting fields would’ve rushed our rebuild and left us with less money in the future.  The key to rebuilds are get good young quality players on cheap contracts and then spend the money when it’s time to fill in the holes.  

people should expect more of our older quality players to walk or get traded.  They know what’s coming.  

12 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I can’t believe we got fleeced  like that. Gilmore is  worth more than a fifth round end of the round  compensation tech.

12 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

bad trade

The point was made that both of you missed.    The best corner in the game, Jalen Ramsey, only got a 3.    He’s better and younger than Gilmore.   This was the best deal on the market.   

Archived