Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gilmore traded to Cowboys

CR91

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

This is a good trade for both sides. Cleared 10m in cap space and got rid of an aging player on a non contender. Gilmore would have been miserable and gone after this year anyway. I'll take the 5th.

Gilmore gets to play on a contender and Cowboys get some needed CB help.

I read the Colts had a good roster and are close to making the playoffs. That’s what is posted here from time to time. 

So we told Shane the plan is to draft one of the rookie quarterbacks he likes from a week class and before that we are going to tear the team apart and create a boatload of cap space by dumping some of our veteran players.  So Shane that means you are going to lose a lot of games to start your head coaching career so are you good with that?  We are as long as you pick the right quarterback.  And he said great where do I sign.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Looking like the colts will be doubling down at CB in the draft.

A fifth? That’s it?!

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

So we told Shane the plan is to draft one of the rookie quarterbacks he likes from a week class and before that we are going to tear the team apart and create a boatload of cap space by dumping some of our veteran players.  So Shane that means you are going to lose a lot of games to start your head coaching career so are you good with that?  We are as long as you pick the right quarterback.  And he said great where do I sign.

Beginning to wonder if we’re going full rebuild here

18 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Doubling down on clueless that's all cool man.

12 mil for a player of his caliber is CHEAP.  We won't come anywhere near a comparable player for that price.  Rebuild or not, why just dump players and give up on a year completely?  We could at least try to be competitive while we improve.  I am with the people who say it is horse hockey to create more holes on team that already stinks.  If it is just a cap dump, it is even more dumb, because 12 mil was a great price.

Just now, PRnum1 said:

I have to think the pick was so low because Dallas picked up his full salary 

So they took all 14 million? In that case, better

Just now, richard pallo said:

It looks like that.  Do you think that’s what Shane signed up for?  

I would think he’d been on board with that going in. 

I think this is a good trade for the Colts

We are probably going to sucketh next year with a rookie QB.......  

Gilmore would be a great finishing piece for a team that is a player or two away from a SB run

That isnt us unfortunately

Get your missing piece FA's when you are close enough to put you over the top

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yay.....More money for Irsay.  haha

Tell us you don’t understand how player salaries work without telling us.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The money will be spent elsewhere.   

Why am I getting this suddenly really bad bad bad feeling that we are in on Lamar

2 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

It’s on you if you can’t see the Chris Ballard 12-year rebuilding plan starting to pay off. 

OK….   That’s a good joke!    :hat:

Well done!      :thmup:

Just now, richard pallo said:

Because we are going to sign LaMar.  No other reason to do this.

There's plenty of other reasons.   You just choose to ignore all of them.   

52 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Tell us you don’t understand how player salaries work without telling us.

Why am I getting this suddenly really bad bad bad feeling that we are in on Lamar

I think we might be in on Lamar as well. Not sure why, just a gut feeling.

If no young or stroud when colts pick, then colts will pick a non QB. Bet on it.  It going to waste a pick on scrubs like Levi and Richardson that everyone is over hyping only cuz it’s off-season time. When it was in season, everyone was saying either late 1st or beyond. I didn’t see anything about those two going to 5 at all. That’s what happens when people listen to the media. It’s all lies!!

46 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I hope you are a Colt fan after we sign him.

I’ll still be here… 

34 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I disagree we win the division with lamar and pittman and pierce will be the best wrs he has thrown to

You’re assuming he can make it a full season… young QBs in their prime do not come available for no reason. His is purely cost and injuries

3 hours ago, MTC said:

If it isn't evident enough, we're in full rebuild mode and not "win now". 

i think its more of a retooling  a full rebuild would be trading every one for picks .   looks like just getting younger at some spots and cutting some dead weight  .    keeping buckner grover leanord nelson smith  means the colts still have a core in place

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

A fifth? That’s it?!

Beginning to wonder if we’re going full rebuild here

A younger Ramsey only got a 3rd. A 5th round with Dallas taking on his full salary isn't a terrible trade at this point.

We weren't going to be contending this year and it both freed up cap space and did right by Gilmore as a vet towards the end of his career (he signed with us thinking we were a serious contender).

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Watch buckner be traded next

I am totally in favor  of stripping the defence to build an offence. If we draft a qb high, the   Colts need to build around him to give him confidence. I would add as many prices this  year and the retool the D  next   I would love to  add  Thielen

Archived