Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts at Vikes Post Game Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but feel that is is largely on coaching. Our offense went right back to the same old run, run, (screen) pass. I honestly have no clue about the defense, but we seemed to go super conservative and somehow still allow the big plays.

I think the first half shows the talent is there. The 2nd makes me think this coaching staff cannot effectively hold a lead.

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Perfect!

I was very concerned at halftime that we would screw this up (by winning) but somehow we found a way to get the job done, very pleased that we didn’t end up shooting ourself in the foot! :rock:

That was like a bomb blast to the foot... Lol... But I get your point.

Just now, Shive said:

I can't help but feel that is is largely on coaching. Our offense went right back to the same old run, run, (screen) pass. I honestly have no clue about the defense, but we seemed to go super conservative and somehow still allow the big plays.

I think the first half shows the talent is there. The 2nd makes me think this coaching staff cannot effectively hold a lead.

And not just run run screen pass it was run the same handoff up the gut handoff up the gut screen pass with a few other I’ll advised throws in there too.  All day whenever they run outside they were getting close to a first down everytime yet they just stopped doing it.  Parks is awful.

This game alone should preclude Saturday from being the HC next year.

The combination of the Dallas game and this game would have gotten any HC fired before the sun went down.

Lose after leading 33-0 at the half.

170 yards passing vs the 32nd rank pass defense.

Defense on the field for 26 of the 30 minutes in the 2nd half.

And this is twice now for Matt Ryan.

Mr. Irsay, if you have a lucid moment to spare, just fire the whole bunch of 'em, and start over.

1 minute ago, Shive said:

So if the offense shows it can score points 2.5 halfs out of 30 halfs of football we have played so far this season, the talent is there right. I think people are vastly over valuing the talent on this team

17 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Good: Better draft position

Dayo and Kwity look like hits by Ballard

Oline didn't look completely outmatched. 

Chase McLaughlin

Bad

Matt Ryan

Bad: Ballard rag picking free agent spending. So overrated 

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They threw it too much yes but you also can’t just pound it into the line every first down.  Did anyone else notice anytime they ran it outside they got between five to 10 yards?  That’s been part of the problem all year they run it up the gut 99.9% of the time and it doesn’t work.

I noticed they got almost 5 yards every time they ran it on first down. 

If you're up by 33, you keep the clock running...

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

What was Grigson’s record without Luck?  I am not defending Ballard but let’s not pretend Grigson was the main reason the Colts won 49 games while he was here.

Who cares. That’s Grigson’s record, which was the answer to the question.  CB is the GM now and he stinks. 

People are acting surprised.  I saw this coming when we were up 33-0 at the half.  This team only plays 30 minutes of football.  The team (and the whole organization) are soft.  And they've been soft forever.  The last time the Colts were "tough" was when they had Mike Curtis on defense.  They were even soft when Manning was the quarterback.  They just got lucky.  Lots of the other teams sucked. 

Pretty funny how people are acting like the Vikings comeback today was so great.  It wasn't.  The Colts just handed the game to the Vikings by doing absolutely nothing.  The Colts have no killer instinct.  

Just now, Pelt said:

I noticed they got almost 5 yards every time they ran it on first down. 

If you're up by 33, you keep the clock running...

Did you read my response because if you did you’d see I said they threw too much and that my issue was calling the same running play over and over and that they needed to call more running plays outside.  

And the worst part is that Chris Ballard still wont change his philosophy after this disastrous season.

His post season presser will be him doubling down on his approach, being passive aggressive towards the media and sitting there with a smug face pissing off the fans.

Hate his guy!

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Did you read my response because if you did you’d see I said they threw too much and that my issue was calling the same running play over and over and that they needed to call more running plays outside.  

They also was expecting JT to be out there running.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

At least Grigson left a franchise qb when he was fired. What will Ballard have lefts us??

Being a laughing stock.

Just now, James said:

And the worst part is that Chris Ballard still wont change his philosophy after this disastrous season.

His post season presser will be him doubling down on his approach, being passive aggressive towards the media and sitting there with a smug face pissing off the fans.

Hate his guy!

And Jim will let me stay on.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s all going to be worth the pain in the end. 

If Irsay wanted Jef as head coach he should of waited to give him s fresh start after the season was over. It says a lot about how bad some of the football character is with these players that happened.

I don’t think it’s a character issue. I think it’s a lack of leadership issue

Archived