Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sirriani takes shot at Colts over Frank firing

chickenMan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season Dan Dakich on his radio show read a text he said was from a player. The player said it’s hard to stay motivated when this organization doesn’t do what it takes to win. Whether it’s true or not I don’t know. I don’t know why Dan would just lie. I know people don’t like him but to lie about something like that is pretty big.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Last season Dan Dakich on his radio show read a text he said was from a player. The player said it’s hard to stay motivated when this organization doesn’t do what it takes to win. Whether it’s true or not I don’t know. I don’t know why Dan would just lie. I know people don’t like him but to lie about something like that is pretty big.

I wouldn't take anyone's word that has been on Irsay's * since he fired Grigson.  Dakich is a media hack that wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for the defenders of Bobby Knight. 

Just my opinion..

Nick's old manager was convinced by his coaching mentor/friend to trade a 1st rounder and a 3rd round pick in order to get a QB on Nick's team.

This move was endorsed by his coaching mentor as he believe he could fix him. I doubt Nick didn't tell him good things about the QB from what he saw in his first few months there. But, turns out he couldn't fix the player, and the owner of the team got rid of this QB the following year. This most likely hurt Nick's coaching mentor's reputation with his boss and his manager, and he got subsequently fired the following year after starting poorly. I wonder what Nick told his coaching mentor/friend about the QB he essentially bet his HC career on?

I hate it when people act with fake sympathy, especially when their side isn't free of guilt here. The second Nick's teams starting faltering just a bit, Eagles fans are gonna eat him alive.

5 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Not surprised he said this, but clearly he’s wrong. Frank’s teams never showed up ready to play and his play calling got worse and worse over the time he was here. I really like Frank, but he wasn’t the right guy.

Meh, who cares 

I don't think the Colts problems all laid on Frank. It was a combination of a few things. You can say Frank's play calling was bad but his play book was very limited when his QB was getting pounded into the ground. Even last year Wentz was getting pounded. It didn't show as much because of his mobility. 

With wins a lot of things get overlooked. With losses  everything gets put under a microscope.  

Unfortunately when teams lose and the owner gets tired of it the head coach is the 1st to go. If things don't change Ballard will be next.  

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think the Colts problems all laid on Frank. It was a combination of a few things. You can say Frank's play calling was bad but his play book was very limited when his QB was getting pounded into the ground. Even last year Wentz was getting pounded. It didn't show as much because of his mobility. 

With wins a lot of things get overlooked. With losses  everything gets put under a microscope.  

Unfortunately when teams lose and the owner gets tired of it the head coach is the 1st to go. If things don't change Ballard will be next.  

I think Irsay wanted to see if it’s talent or coaching before firing Ballard. Wants to see if a new coach has different results. If there isn’t different results that goes back to talent and Ballard. How this team finishes might decide whether he stays or goes.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Irsay wanted to see if it’s talent or coaching before firing Ballard. Wants to see if a new coach has different results. If there isn’t different results that goes back to talent and Ballard. How this team finishes might decide whether he stays or goes.

I think Irsay gives Ballard one more year but as we know Irsay is unpredictable.  

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

No problem with Nick. He almost lost to Indy, instead killing them. I understand his emotion...

If he wants, he can hire Frank for OC... 

Most fans and players sound they are good with Jeff. 

At min, the team is playing better. 

Can u actually say the team is paying better. Same results.  The D kind of collapse in the 4th quarter and understandable as they are not supported by the offence. The offence has not developed any big play moments. The pass protection sucks and the offence is still only scoring 18 points. People say we'll They hing with the Eagles. I actually thought the Colrs would win. Why? The Eagles record is severely bloated. U look at the stats and Hurts is coming back to earth and so is the offence. Recent games bare that out. A young guy st my gym is a fun and I said they will be one and done in the play offs. So they beat a bad Raiders team and lost to a good team . Not a indication that the team is playing much better. Let's see the last 5 games play out and then I think we shall know where we stand. Going to be a rough ride cause this Oline is sub par and teams r picking on them and know it is our Achilles heal. I though I would never say that 

4 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

was a long rambling video. when i just rewatched it i reheard what saturday said at the end. basically said ballard's job isn't safe. 

Spin it how you will, he said in the NFL ( NOT FOR LONG LEAGUE) NOBODYS job is safe but the team owners.  This is one of the things with fans is they hear what they wanna hear but that is being HUMAN. 

We all know what it takes to win in the NFL and every coach says it every game.  Make one more play then the other team. Score one or more points then the other team. Make 1 less mistake then the other team.  

3 hours ago, colts89 said:

Nick's old manager was convinced by his coaching mentor/friend to trade a 1st rounder and a 3rd round pick in order to get a QB on Nick's team.

This move was endorsed by his coaching mentor as he believe he could fix him. I doubt Nick didn't tell him good things about the QB from what he saw in his first few months there. But, turns out he couldn't fix the player, and the owner of the team got rid of this QB the following year. This most likely hurt Nick's coaching mentor's reputation with his boss and his manager, and he got subsequently fired the following year after starting poorly. I wonder what Nick told his coaching mentor/friend about the QB he essentially bet his HC career on?

I hate it when people act with fake sympathy, especially when their side isn't free of guilt here. The second Nick's teams starting faltering just a bit, Eagles fans are gonna eat him alive.

Thanks for this. Been thinking this since yesterday. Nick surely WAS part of the con getting Wentz here. What players does Nick have from that deal?

The culmination of Franks ineptitude with Wentz and lack of offense creativity left him on thinned ice. 

With Frank as the HC i don't think there was a path to be SB contenders.

CB signed on for Brissett, and the rest of this QB boondoggle. I'm believing his conservative approach to offense can't get us there either.

37 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Can u actually say the team is paying better. Same results.  The D kind of collapse in the 4th quarter and understandable as they are not supported by the offence. The offence has not developed any big play moments. The pass protection sucks and the offence is still only scoring 18 points. People say we'll They hing with the Eagles. I actually thought the Colrs would win. Why? The Eagles record is severely bloated. U look at the stats and Hurts is coming back to earth and so is the offence. Recent games bare that out. A young guy st my gym is a fun and I said they will be one and done in the play offs. So they beat a bad Raiders team and lost to a good team . Not a indication that the team is playing much better. Let's see the last 5 games play out and then I think we shall know where we stand. Going to be a rough ride cause this Oline is sub par and teams r picking on them and know it is our Achilles heal. I though I would never say that 

Yes, playing better. If you don't think so, not sure you are watching lol. 

We just won a road game and did things we haven't most the year.

And we barely lost to the team tied for #1 in the NFL... and Philly was top 5 in both D and O.... 

We'll see. I'm happy though (right now). 

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yes, playing better. If you don't think so, not sure you are watching lol. 

We just won a road game and did things we haven't most the year.

And we barely lost to the team tied for #1 in the NFL... and Philly was top 5 in both D and O.... 

We'll see. I'm happy though (right now). 

We beat the Cheifs under under Frank. I think the team was spent under Frank but was that because of his coaching and/or  messaging or the lack of talent just lead to the continued losses? I don't think they are really playing better. They maybe more emotionally charged but they r making the same mistakes on offence. Ill timed turnovers and bad Oline play and Ryan looks rattle. Playing with more emotion......sure.  Playing better? Not sure I can say that. 

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We beat the Cheifs under under Frank. I think the team was spent under Frank but was that because of his coaching and/or  messaging or the lack of talent just lead to the continued losses? I don't think they are really playing better. They maybe more emotionally charged but they r making the same mistakes on offence. Ill timed turnovers and bad Oline play and Ryan looks rattle. Playing with more emotion......sure.  Playing better? Not sure I can say that. 

Chiefs game was strange, and we had good luck (muffed punt and TD, turnovers, missed XPs, etc), and key KC injuries IIRC. 

Best game from Frank and Matt despite luck. 

The O looked better (last 2 weeks). OL pass pro is struggling, but has improved. Hated the penalties (5 from Raimann/Fries)... But WRs are looking better, and PC is looking like co-WR1, or at least a very good WR2. 

And we finally scored a TD in the opening script, since last Christmas.. And had lead to start the 4Q the last 2 weeks (not sure how many times that has happened in the last 13 games)... 

That S was for Frank Reich.!

If a musician dies, they honor him by covering one if his songs.

Siriani honored Frank by giving a replica Frank offensive performance - 17 points, 2 turnovers, didn't show up until the 4th quarter.  Nick nailed the Frank Reich cover song.

9 minutes ago, #12. said:

That S was for Frank Reich.!

If a musician dies, they honor him by covering one if his songs.

Siriani honored Frank by giving a replica Frank offensive performance - 17 points, 2 turnovers, didn't show up until the 4th quarter.  Nick nailed the Frank Reich cover song.

And you nailed this post 

19 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is pretty good on those crossers. He is never going to separate. To me he is more of a pocession  receiver. Reminds me a lot of Michael Thomas.  I think that’s why people think he is more of a two then a one.

That's what u have been saying. Get him up against a very good corner and he disappears. He lacks elite traits that allow him to get open on a consistent basis. I would take Pierce and Cmaapvell over him

23 hours ago, coming on strong said:

frank had no taylor and a 6th round pick at QB  .  patriots defense is elite and bill is the best defensive coach in football . i watched him hold luck to 7 points and break him .   you really think jeff with no taylor and no ryan with this terrible offensive line is gonna do something ?      to me its a talent issue we have average QB play young wrs  and a  terrible offensive line when frank had solid QB play and a line he went 11-5

People don’t realize how good Bill is coaching wise. I’m gonna use this example since he’s our QB, Matt Ryan led teams since going up 28-3 in the Super Bowl have 1 touchdown in the last 10 quarters vs Bill

There’s definitely some mixed feelings over Reich. Just saw the “That **** was for Frank Reich” and I’m getting the feeling that Sirianni’s beef is with Jim Irsay and Ballard, which is where the lines have been drawn. 

Maybe moreso Ballard because Nick went to a team that has done everything Ballard hasn’t:

-Invested in a young QB early in the draft

-Moved up in the 1st round for a premium position (Smith at WR)

-Heavy use of FA

-Traded a high draft pick for a proven player at a skill position (But Ballard did for Buckner so this one is iffy)

-Have multiple options at edge rusher

-Talent all along the offensive line

-Make real trades in-season before the trade deadline

-Don’t overpay the guys they drafted

I wonder if he feels like Frank was set up for failure by the Colts as a whole.

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

There’s definitely some mixed feelings over Reich. Just saw the “That **** was for Frank Reich” and I’m getting the feeling that Sirianni’s beef is with Jim Irsay and Ballard, which is where the lines have been drawn. 

Maybe moreso Ballard because Nick went to a team that has done everything Ballard hasn’t:

-Heavy use of FA

-Traded a high draft pick for a proven player at a skill position (But Ballard did for Buckner so this one is iffy)

I would say Buckner doesn’t play a skill position but everything else you said was right. Joel Erickson had a tweet the other day basically roasting Ballard and saying everything eagles have done Ballard has failed to do.

55 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

-Heavy use of FA

Perhaps Irsay was the puppet master calling most of these shots.

On 11/21/2022 at 11:18 PM, strt182 said:

Spin it how you will, he said in the NFL ( NOT FOR LONG LEAGUE) NOBODYS job is safe but the team owners.  This is one of the things with fans is they hear what they wanna hear but that is being HUMAN. 

We all know what it takes to win in the NFL and every coach says it every game.  Make one more play then the other team. Score one or more points then the other team. Make 1 less mistake then the other team.  

obviously i can find the obvious meaning in it.

but how often is it said on stage with the GM at the same table?

not very often

so at the very least, it is interesting choice of time and words to say that. 

On 11/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well even I have to disagree with Dan and the player on that one. They did a lot in free agency. They just crapped thr bed when it came to addressing the Oline and it has really sunk this team. I was listening to one podcast and they could not  remember when the Oline was such a factor in a teams lack of success.

Archived