Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sirriani takes shot at Colts over Frank firing


chickenMan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sirianni's take on Frank is emotional, our take living through the first 9 games is drastically different and hence the disconnect to see eye-to-eye. So, let him have his emotional day but quit talking about it after now. 

 

Both teams will be moving on to their next game.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Standing up for a friend and a person he considers a mentor.  I get it.  Regardless of if it had happened after the New England game or at the end of the year time had come for Frank and the Colts to break up.  Someone else will give Frank another job and I hope he does well.  Hopefully the Colts land a good coach too if they don’t keep Saturday.  

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Standing up for a friend and a person he considers a mentor.  I get it.  Regardless of if it had happened after the New England game or at the end of the year time had come for Frank and the Colts to break up.  Someone else will give Frank another job and I hope he does well.  Hopefully the Colts land a good coach too if they don’t keep Saturday.  

Taken in context I get his support also. The Colts did, however, support Reich in giving Sirianni the opportunity to become an Offensive Coordinator. Irsay also paid Sirianni for 3 years. Siranni would not last five years in Philly doing what Frank did here,

So Whatever - next up Steelers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Siriani is living on a fantasy world. If he has a chance to the make the playoffs in 2023 and chokes it away against the worst team in the NFL, then puts the worst offense in the league on the field for the first 9 games of 2024, he'll be fired too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

He’s a loyalist not looking at the business side of things. Siriani inherited a team that’s already had a Franchise QB an excellent GM something we’re lacking.

 

That's true. But to Sirianni's credit, Hurts wasn't any type of sure thing. They went from a dysfunctional, 4-win team to a SB contender in two offseasons. 

 

PHI was where IND is now. The difference is that they were proactive in getting a young QB. So the GM part is very true. Roseman took a lot of % for that Hurts pick, along with whiffing on draft picks (Reagor > Jefferson), but his record speaks for itself. There was a time not long ago when people laughed at how bad Ballard fleeced Roseman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was a personal issue for Sirianni, so I can understand why he made those remarks. He sees this from a different perspective, and I can't fault him for that. 

 

Many fans felt that things needed to change, and Reich's play calling was going nowhere. I've always liked Reich, but something needed to be done to help the team move forward. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

This was a personal issue for Sirianni, so I can understand why he made those remarks. He sees this from a different perspective, and I can't fault him for that. 

 

Many fans felt that things needed to change, and Reich's play calling was going nowhere. I've always liked Reich, but something needed to be done to help the team move forward. 

Well if Saturday loses out and doesn't win another game then  maybe Sireani is right and coaching wasn't the issue. Also, if Frank lost the locker room was it do to his coaching or the fact that they don't have the talent and that is on the players and the GM. U know the funny thing is this. This team could easily be 9 and 2. They have just craped the bed at crunch time. The turnovers have killed them and the Oline play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Well, sirianni isn't a colt fan, he's a friend of frank......obviously if he was a life long fan of the horse shoe he wouldn't make foolish statements like he did and care more about us losing consistently with Reich and not his buddy who hired him.

To me he should of just took the win and been quiet. His actions were a guy trying to run it in a little to much. His smirks during his presser were just so off putting to me. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There probably is some truth to that because eagles have a great defense. But I can’t ignore all the short fields we had and not being able to punch it in at the end to put them away. That goes beyond the eagles great defense.

I get your point. But would we even have  short field opportunities with Frank at the helm? It's hard to say. They just seem to be playing at better level with Jeff than with Frank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Well if Saturday loses out and doesn't win another game then  maybe Sireani is right and coaching wasn't the issue. Also, if Frank lost the locker room was it do to his coaching or the fact that they don't have the talent and that is on the players and the GM. U know the funny thing is this. This team could easily be 9 and 2. They have just craped the bed at crunch time. The turnovers have killed them and the Oline play.

Crapping the bed would be a coaching issue and not a talent issue.  Thanks for pointing that out.   I noticed you didn't have a single post last week after a win.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, colts89 said:

Sirriani's friend should have done better at his job.

i still think frank should of had the chance to dig out of this hole .  he did it before multiple times and the team fought hard to get back into the mix.   for me i think frank is not a elite coach but a somewhere between average to slightly above average but i still dont like firing coaches mid season .  frank should of been fired if the team failed to get hot but it is a bad look .  we get branded toxic and top tier coaches and gms will steer clear of us now that every thinks irsay is meddling and hand picking his friends .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

How many did they score against the Pats?

frank had no taylor and a 6th round pick at QB  .  patriots defense is elite and bill is the best defensive coach in football . i watched him hold luck to 7 points and break him .   you really think jeff with no taylor and no ryan with this terrible offensive line is gonna do something ?      to me its a talent issue we have average QB play young wrs  and a  terrible offensive line when frank had solid QB play and a line he went 11-5

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jemack said:

I get your point. But would we even have  short field opportunities with Frank at the helm? It's hard to say. They just seem to be playing at better level with Jeff than with Frank.

You would be correct if yesterday was a out liar. Unfortuantly it was the same thing we have seen all season.  We will see if the offense improves as we finish the season.  That could be how Saturday keeps his job. But when you have nothing to play for it’s kind of hard to motivate guys. I don’t think 2 games is enough time to evaluate whether Saturday and parks can get this offense playing better. It will take the last few games. There is a clear lack of talent so getting any improvement is going to be difficult. That’s why it’s going to be difficult to evaluate Saturday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

frank had no taylor and a 6th round pick at QB  .  patriots defense is elite and bill is the best defensive coach in football . i watched him hold luck to 7 points and break him .   you really think jeff with no taylor and no ryan with this terrible offensive line is gonna do something ?      to me its a talent issue we have average QB play young wrs  and a  terrible offensive line when frank had solid QB play and a line he went 11-5

We might of won that pats game with Ryan. We might of win WA too. That’s the difference in 4-6-1 and 6-4-1 and having a chance at the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

frank had no taylor and a 6th round pick at QB  .  patriots defense is elite and bill is the best defensive coach in football . i watched him hold luck to 7 points and break him .   you really think jeff with no taylor and no ryan with this terrible offensive line is gonna do something ?      to me its a talent issue we have average QB play young wrs  and a  terrible offensive line when frank had solid QB play and a line he went 11-5

I also think the young WR is not really correct. Pittman is in his third year. Parris yes hasn’t played much but he is on year 4. These guys should be going into  their prime. Pittman and Parris are 25. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i still think frank should of had the chance to dig out of this hole .  he did it before multiple times and the team fought hard to get back into the mix.   for me i think frank is not a elite coach but a somewhere between average to slightly above average but i still dont like firing coaches mid season .  frank should of been fired if the team failed to get hot but it is a bad look .  we get branded toxic and top tier coaches and gms will steer clear of us now that every thinks irsay is meddling and hand picking his friends .

Irsay admitted Reich wouldn’t of been fired if Saturday hadn’t agreed to this. I have no beef with Saturday. He is doing the best he can but it is a very bad look. Then Irsay let’s him have Ryan back? That sounds like trying to get Reich fired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jemack said:

I get your point. But would we even have  short field opportunities with Frank at the helm? It's hard to say. They just seem to be playing at better level with Jeff than with Frank.

Yes because one was a turnover. I would have to go back and look at the circumstances of the others. They also had it goal to go to extend it back to ten. Colts failed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...