Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sirriani takes shot at Colts over Frank firing

chickenMan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Irsay admitted Reich wouldn’t of been fired if Saturday hadn’t agreed to this. I have no beef with Saturday. He is doing the best he can but it is a very bad look. Then Irsay let’s him have Ryan back? That sounds like trying to get Reich fired.

at the very least it's interesting

I thought it looked like Sirianni was being * to some Colt fans in the front row behind the Eagle bench at the end of the game yesterday. Sorry Nick, the fans didn't fire Frank for trailing at halftime for 10 consecutive games and the team looking listless all season, the owner, Jim Irsay did. Sometimes teams take a step back while climbing to the top, heck even Peyton went 6-10 in 2001. Speaking of which, why did Mora get fired after that season? Simple, the team was way underperforming and Irsay knew Mora was never going to get the job done. Mora should of been fired for making that "playoff rant" during the season.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I also think the young WR is not really correct. Pittman is in his third year. Parris yes hasn’t played much but he is on year 4. These guys should be going into  their prime. Pittman and Parris are 25. 

its still young 2 and a half seasons for pittman parris has played only one season worth of games and pierce is a rookie .   its still young reggie wayne took a couple years to pop off . over all they are not a experienced group yet

15 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its still young 2 and a half seasons for pittman parris has played only one season worth of games and pierce is a rookie .   its still young reggie wayne took a couple years to pop off . over all they are not a experienced group yet

Could we use a vet? Maybe but I just don’t like saying they are young. These aren’t 22 year old kids. Pittman was already a little older when we drafted him. In a way they are kind of already vets.  A guy that is 27 isn’t really going to mark that much difference. This year the problem is clearly a bad QB and a bad oline. Heard some comments today how in todays nfl you need a creator at QB because it just gives you so many more play options. Pittman is going to have over 1k yards and Parris is going to be at 700 or so. Pierce is close behind too. Having a 1k yard receiver and two with 700 is pretty dang good.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Could we use a vet? Maybe but I just don’t like saying they are young. These aren’t 22 year old kids. Pittman was already a little older when we drafted him. In a way they are kind of already vets.  A guy that is 27 isn’t really going to mark that much difference. This year the problem is clearly a bad QB and a bad oline. Heard some comments today how in todays nfl you need a creator at QB because it just gives you so many more play options. Pittman is going to have over 1k yards and Parris is going to be at 700 or so. Pierce is close behind too. Having a 1k yard receiver and two with 700 is pretty dang good.

its the route running that comes with more experience like reggie and marvin would put guys on ice .  pittman parris are good sometimes watching the film break downs their route running needs some improvement .  that comes with more playing time they both are gifted players .   sometimes it seems like the are just running to the spot not setting guys up for maximum separation . 

at the same time wr is the least of the colts worries right now so you are right in that aspect 100 percent its all on the offensive line and QB play .

6 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

It’s easy to talk % when you aren’t coaching for the same team anymore and your team is 8-1. Best coach you’ve ever seen? Lol ok. 

frank is his good friend and is only  a head coach because of frank . i like the loyalty being shown we shouldnt be offended .  obviously if you put nick on a lie detector and ask him if frank is the best coach he is failing that question .   without frank nick is out of the league he was a wr coach  and likely is never getting a shot

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

its the route running that comes with more experience like reggie and marvin would put guys on ice .  pittman parris are good sometimes watching the film break downs their route running needs some improvement .  that comes with more playing time they both are gifted players .   sometimes it seems like the are just running to the spot not setting guys up for maximum separation . 

at the same time wr is the least of the colts worries right now so you are right in that aspect 100 percent its all on the offensive line and QB play .

maybe the timing of the offense requires them to just get to the spot

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

maybe but it just seems different watching reggie or marvin .   they were timing wrs and they would set up db's  and fake them out of their  shoes to get wide open on those timing routes .   marvin was the king at it db's never knew if he was going deep or break out wide .  he ran his routes so elite the corners would almost fall down and give manning wide open catches .  

it takes time to work on your craft i believe pittman can take the next step and be a true elite wr in the same league as a jefferson or diggs .   he is very close

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I do think we need a better game wrecker at receiver or TE. Colts need someone that talent takes over even when execution falls apart. I think Campbell isn’t quite used right but with a different player caller might be. He had come up huge in big moments this year.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

maybe but it just seems different watching reggie or marvin .   they were timing wrs and they would set up db's  and fake them out of their  shoes to get wide open on those timing routes .   marvin was the king at it db's never knew if he was going deep or break out wide .  he ran his routes so elite the corners would almost fall down and give manning wide open catches .  

it takes time to work on your craft i believe pittman can take the next step and be a true elite wr in the same league as a jefferson or diggs .   he is very close

Some receivers just take a long time to develop that crazy good route running. imo pittman gets his seperation from his physicallity. I also absolutely love his RAC. He's really physical after the catch.

I think Campbell is our better route runner at the moment, and I do think Pierce will get better. 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I do think we need a better game wrecker at receiver or TE. Colts need someone that talent takes over even when execution falls apart. I think Campbell isn’t quite used right but with a different player caller might be. He had come up huge in big moments this year.

I really don't want another receiving TE, until we can figure out how to block. 

2 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Some receivers just take a long time to develop that crazy good route running. imo pittman gets his seperation from his physicallity. I also absolutely love his RAC. He's really physical after the catch.

I think Campbell is our better route runner at the moment, and I do think Pierce will get better. 

I really don't want another receiving TE, until we can figure out how to block. 

that is my only compliant against pittman all his catches come in heavy traffic which is good but i wanna see him get wide open from route running .  when you dont have a QB who can throw deep contested catches like wentz could you see pittman's play go down a bit

Just now, coming on strong said:

that is my only compliant against pittman all his catches come in heavy traffic which is good but i wanna see him get wide open from route running .  when you dont have a QB who can throw deep contested catches like wentz could you see pittman's play go down a bit

yeah but think about it, he's made some really good catches while getting absolutely smacked by the defender, and more often than not, he catches the ball

He's speaking from a place of emotion and not the product that was being put on the field.....

Take a look at the end of the game when he unnecessarily and deliberately engages with a fan in the stands - he's the coach and should give two flying &%$#@ what a fan heckling in the stands says.....

It's quite obvious he was emotional about it.

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

yeah but think about it, he's made some really good catches while getting absolutely smacked by the defender, and more often than not, he catches the ball

imagine pittman with reggies route running ability to get wide open always .  pittman would be at a hall of fame level .   he could be better than reggie because of his size and deep ball skills .

Just now, coming on strong said:

imagine pittman with reggies route running ability to get wide open always .  pittman would be at a hall of fame level .   he could be better than reggie because of his size and deep ball skills .

it would be a cheat code. 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

He is pretty good on those crossers. He is never going to separate. To me he is more of a pocession  receiver. Reminds me a lot of Michael Thomas.  I think that’s why people think he is more of a two then a one.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is pretty good on those crossers. He is never going to separate. To me he is more of a pocession  receiver. Reminds me a lot of Michael Thomas.  I think that’s why people think he is more of a two then a one.

people think if your receiver isnt top 5 in the NFL they are a 2. 

i tend to disagree. 

55 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Irsay admitted Reich wouldn’t of been fired if Saturday hadn’t agreed to this. I have no beef with Saturday. He is doing the best he can but it is a very bad look. Then Irsay let’s him have Ryan back? That sounds like trying to get Reich fired.

Outside of Doug posting that,  where did irsay admit this

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Outside of Doug posting that,  where did irsay admit this

he said it in the press conference with Saturday and Ballard.

paraphrasing "if saturday doesn't take the job, we aren't having this conversation right now"

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You think Micheal Thomas was a number 2 in his prime?    What are your thoughts on Reggie?

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

i think he has the ability to separate easily . look at reggies combine numbers he was not a athletic freak he got open purely on route running ability .   pittman can learn that and up his game

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pierce is going to be better then Pittman because he had the speed to go with the 50:50 balls.

I think Pierce has a high ceiling, but pittman has strength over pierce. 

They both are gonna be good physical WRs during their career , but i do think pitt has the edge in the physicallity dept. 

Frank is a good man. Even if he lost the team, still a good guy. Can't wish any ill intent towards him, but I'm glad he got fired, it was the right decision. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Nope,  never heard that. 

okay, well we aren't lying. he definitely said it. 

ill go and find the time stamp for you. give me a little

Just now, AustinnKaine said:

Frank is a good man. Even if he lost the team, still a good guy. Can't wish any ill intent towards him, but I'm glad he got fired, it was the right decision. 

okay, well we aren't lying. he definitely said it. 

The video should be easy to find then

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

well its a 35 minute video... still gotta find where he said it, he rambled a lot. you know how Irsay is. 

I watched it.   I don't recall that being said.    I have a hard time believing Jeff would take a job that was still filled

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I watched it.   I don't recall that being said.    I have a hard time believing Jeff would take a job that was still filled

Well I found it. 

start at 31:08

"if he turns us down, we aren't here today"

*while pointing at Jeff Saturday

- Jim Irsay

Another interesting quote from that presser: 

"Here's the great thing about the NFL man, we are all on a trial basis buddy. Aint nobody-- only one guy up here is secure, and he's in the middle (nods head towards Irsay)"

-Saturday

24 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think Pierce has a high ceiling, but pittman has strength over pierce. 

They both are gonna be good physical WRs during their career , but i do think pitt has the edge in the physicallity dept. 

it hard to judge Pittman with all the different QB but I am not sure he can wreck a game. That’s what the colts need. I do think we saw some game wrecking ability with Wentz. So maybe he just needs a bigger armed and better QB to get to his full potential.

Archived