Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Name Jeff Saturday Interim Head Coach

AKB

9 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

love it!

this will fix our offensive line

apparently he had already been consulting with staff

He's already been giving them advice about how to turn the highest paid OL in the league into one of the worst ones in the league. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stitches said:

He's already been giving them advice about how to turn the highest paid OL in the league into one of the worst ones in the league. 

the article says consultant, not oline coach. 

a little hoorah speech here and there doesn't change schemes or play calls. 

so not a fair statement imo

This team is in complete shambles right now. The Reich firing was inevitable. The hiring of Saturday has me confused. We get that both John Fox and Gus Bradley are defensive minded, but I think they can put together an offensive plan better than Saturday. He has no coaching experience. This has to be a first, bringing in a new HC with ZERO coaching experience at either college or pro level. Why not fire the o line coach as well. He obviously has not done a good job. 9 sacks in one game?!!?! I dumbfounded by all of this. Nothing makes sense. I guess we are trying for a top 5 draft pick to get the next QB in the carousel. It’s truly an embarrassment. 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, if I am a coach with NFL aspirations, I am bailing as soon as my contract is done because this franchise is more interested about selling tickets with PR moves than rewarding coaches on the roster with experience that deserve it.

Jeff will not be the permanent head coach

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

the article says consultant, not oline coach. 

a little hoorah speech here and there doesn't change schemes or play calls. 

so not a fair statement imo

I was half kidding... 

But on a more serious note - this is a second shocking decision today. Really weird one IMO. Have no idea what I think about this. 

Just now, Coltsfan98 said:

Irsay's lost it. Seriously wth has Jeff done to prove he's HC material??? 

This franchise is a clown show. 

No it's a % show!

hes done more than you. i can confirm that right now. lol

Right now, knowing as little as we do, I'm getting more fine with this pending tonight's presser.

He's already been consulting. 

It's not typical to bring in an outsider as an interim.

Perhaps Fox and Bradley have no interest in being a HC again anytime soon.

Maybe they're not sure Bubba's a good fit yet.

It give Jeff a closer eval of the entire staff, players, AND Chris(?).

There's nothing here to suggest Jeff is considered for the permanent job.

Colts named former C Jeff Saturday as interim head coach.

Since retiring, Saturday has served as a consultant for the Colts and an ESPN analyst. It's a highly unconventional decision, given that Saturday was not on the Colts' staff and has no NFL coaching experience. Colts owner Jim Irsay must have felt that a shakeup was needed in terms of team culture, which is somewhat hard to dispute after the Colts failed to show up against the Patriots in Week 9. However, Saturday has to be considered an underdog to turn things around. Per ESPN's Field Yates, Saturday appears to be the first person in history to be named a head coach without NFL or college coaching experience. 

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 7, 2022, 12:49 PM ET

Archived