Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Name Jeff Saturday Interim Head Coach

AKB

https://www.colts.com/news/jeff-saturday-hired-interim-head-coach-pro-bowl-center-espn

The Colts on Monday named Jeff Saturday as interim head coach.

Saturday, a five-time Pro Bowl and two-time first-team AP All-Pro center, played 13 seasons for the Colts from 1999-2011 and spent 2012 with the Green Bay Packers. He has consulted for the Colts over the last few years, and visited Colts training camp in 2022. He began serving as an analyst for ESPN in 2013.

The Colts earlier Monday parted ways with head coach Frank Reich.

The Colts will hold a press conference later Monday evening.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • AKB changed the title to Colts Name Jeff Saturday Interim Head Coach
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

How is that helping PR?

A familiar face with credibility, never been a coach except for high school, but not enough NFL credentials as assistant or anything. How is that not PR?

They will lose Gus Bradley and Bubba Ventrone because of this stuff. They will bail on this sinking ship. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A familiar face with credibility, never been a coach except for high school, but not enough NFL credentials as assistant or anything. How is that not PR?

They will lose Gus Bradley and Bubba Ventrone because of this stuff. They will bail on this sinking ship. 

I highly doubt that.   Plus they are under contract 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not that I think this is a brilliant decision, but if Gus and Bubba bail due to this then so be it.  

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Irsay falling off his rocker or what.  Meddling sending Carson packing.  Saying Matt Ryan is an astronaut, comparing him to Peyton freaking Manning, then meddling again and having him benched week 7. Now this.... haha

Well - it is his team.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I highly doubt that.   Plus they are under contract 

Yeah, if I am a coach with NFL aspirations, I am bailing as soon as my contract is done because this franchise is more interested about selling tickets with PR moves than rewarding coaches on the roster with experience that deserve it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• RAH brotha RAH !!!   We both kept the faith  
    • Maybe? I think he just read the board well, and he probably liked 2 WRs there. Corley was the next WR taken after Mitchell and not till the first pick of the 3rd round.(12 picks from Mitchell's spot, 18 picks from #46)     Another receiver wasn't drafted in the 2nd after Mitchell   
    • If we have money for a FA, IMHO it should be FS, then CB   The back end is so so important in THIS zone that the Colts play 99% of the time with big (but a touch slower) CBs spec   The FS cleans it all up   Thats why I think we should use any remaining cap money to bring in a decent FS     We could use a stud CB, we have limited cash    
    • Start talking about some of these positional groups. Might as well start on the secondary. Probably most polarizing spots currently.   Going to break them down in different categories: locks, positional battles, etc. will keep 5-6(leaning 6 as of now)   Outside: Brents(lock) Flowers(lock) Jones(lock) Speed Baker Jr   Nickel: Moore(lock) Lammons Abraham(maybe can play outside?)     So I think looking at this, it is clear that we need to bring in a veteran CB to compete with Speed, Baker Jr and Abraham for the 4th outside CB spot.   Position Battles CB4: Speed Baker Jr Vet FA?   When it comes to the nickel, clearly Moore isn't going anywhere. This is strictly a battle for Nickel #2. Lammons vs Abraham. Should be a good battle, maybe Abraham has leg up with outside flexibility? Veteran could also be going for #2 or #3 spot. Will just call it 4th CB in general.   Position Battles NB2: Lammons Abraham      Possible FA Additions: Nelson  Gilmore Witherspoon  Howard Adoree Jackson JC Jackson  Levi Wallace     Same as above: likely keep (4), outside chance at 5.   FS: Thomas Scott Simpson   SS: Blackmon(lock) Cross(lock) Denbow    Camp Bodies: Dabo Brooks Tutsie      Thomas roster spot is in serious jeopardy I think. He will have to compete with Scott and Simpson for a spot or 2. Likely Cross or Blackmon coming over to start? Potentially a veteran FS as well.     Position Battle FS1/2: Thomas Scott Simpson  Vet FA?   Blackmon and Cross could end up starting at both spots. That's where I think it sits as of today. A lot can change. Going to add Denbow into the #4 Safety position battle. 2 spots up for grabs.   Position Battle S4: Denbow   Possible FA Additions: Simmons  Diggs  Eddie Jackson  Hyde           What's everyone's thoughts on these groups?     Agree with the locks, position battles, FA possibilities?
    • The trade back in round 2 was a bit risky IMHO   It paid off but, yikes    
  • Members

• jvan1973

jvan1973 10,873

• hoosierhawk

hoosierhawk 1,438

• NoVA Colts Fan

NoVA Colts Fan 5

Rookie
    • MikeCurtis

MikeCurtis 4,608

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 341