Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Name Jeff Saturday Interim Head Coach

AKB

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Irsay I think just wants him inside to evaluate the organization. Kind of  more consulting to figure out what is really wrong. Irsay trusts Saturday.

Nope not with this Saturday move. This is a Irsay move to evaluate the team. Which means he doesn’t trust Ballard. 

That all depends if he thinks it's coaching or the talent. If you haven't figured it out yet Irsay is hard to figure out. 

I get so tired of the racism thing. It is becoming so extreme. If someone doesn’t hire a black person or person of color it’s racism. Does racism exist? Yes it sure does. But does it have to go so extreme in the opposite direction now ?? Somehow someway society has got to figure this out 

This only makes sense if he is a player/coach.  ;)

Yeah total PR and totally stupid, but really at this pont in the year, what did you expect? Payton? Nobody of note was going to be hired. 

This also could be a tank move at least in part. Irsay knows he needs to reload next year big time. 

It's just amazing how we went from a likely playoff team in Aug to one of the if not the biggest dumpster fires in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

My 1st coaching position had zero experience was just an athlete in the sport. Team was 4-7 the year before. Went 12-0-1 ,you dont know what a coach can do until they have the chance.

Good point that is so totally the same thing.

lol

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

This only makes sense if he is a player/coach.  ;)

Yeah total PR and totally stupid, but really at this pont in the year, what did you expect? Payton? Nobody of note was going to be hired. 

This also could be a tank move at least in part. Irsay knows he needs to reload next year big time. 

It's just amazing how we went from a likely playoff team in Aug to one of the if not the biggest dumpster fires in the NFL. 

Irsay would never authorize nor support the team tanking period. Why anyone actually conceives any part of that notion is beyond my ability to understand 

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Irsay would never authorize nor support the team tanking period. Why anyone actually conceives any part of that notion is beyond my ability to understand 

That's a shame. I'm not saying it's true but it's not impossible, and it isn't necessarily a yes or no but question of degree. Do you really think Saturday was the best coaching option he had?

Just now, jonjon said:

That's a shame. I'm not saying it's true but it's not impossible, and it isn't necessarily a yes or no but question of degree. Do you really think Saturday was the best coaching option he had?

I think Saturday is the best coaching option for what Irsay wanted to accomplish moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Well colts were better then 4-7 last year soooo not exactly the same

Right. Kinda like how the sex appeal of Jennifer Aniston and Rosanne Barr isn't exactly the same.

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

I think Saturday is the best coaching option for what Irsay wanted to accomplish moving forward. 

Right. Lose. :)  

Tanking for sure!

Irsay promissed something to Jeff so he can be a familiar and respected face moving foward so this will be less of a clow show.

In that meantime, he's gonna help us figure out if we have something in Q, Kelly and Smith, or we should just restart the OL.

Sounds like a plan, but a painfull one just like 2011, but if we get the next Andrew, I'm in.

21 hours ago, Gigc said:

I'm a lifelong fan; been following since 1970.

Gotta say, this feels like Jim is turning into his dad. And that's not a good thing.

He put his foot into the Wentz deal and we all know he was the one who benched Ryan for Sam.

I'm beginning to feel like the meddling is going to lead to 20 years of plague and famine. anyone remember the 80s?

And there are no Peyton's waiting out there to turn us around...

feels like a dark day...

No but there is an Archer :D.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

If the Raiders lose to us, Josh McDaniels' head will be on a platter for Mike Davis. :) 

As long as Gus has his unit prepared and motivated anything could happen. Frazier will be using the same playbook. These oline guys should get better with Saturday here. I just don’t know how long it will take. 

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

As long as Gus has his unit prepared and motivated anything could happen. Frazier will be using the same playbook. These oline guys should get better with Saturday here. I just don’t know how long it will take. 

We are gonna shock the world. :) 

Colts 20 Raiders 17

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I think Foles is not starting because the Colts are moving on from the older quarterbacks.  They are in evaluation mode.  Not just quarterback but everywhere.  If it turns out we win some games with the young players so be it.  Credit to Jeff.  But we are going to find out what we have on the roster now.  I’m expecting to see more young players get more minutes.  That’s how I see it.

Archived