Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need to shutdown Taylor for the rest of the year

danlhart87

17 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

If he's healthy, he plays

Problem is, he isn’t. He has a nagging ankle sprain.

Just re-aggravated it after a run last game. Those ankle issues can last the entire season.

If Colts are going to suck why risk your talent?

I think they said he had a high ankle sprain.  It must have been very mild because this is probably the worst non catastrophic football injury possible. 

If the sprain is high, he is likely not going to fully recover without a minimum of 4-6 weeks of not playing football.

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

Just re-aggravated it after a run last game. Those ankle issues can last the entire season.

Thier going to save taylor and ryan for next yr.

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

There is no point in constantly having Taylor hurt his ankle.

It sucks because Taylor was in MVP form last year but this years different 

We will finish between 6 and 8 wins most likely missing the playoffs.

unfortunately it seems like quite a few important players are hurt this year.  it sux.

Makes no sense. :People go insane with trying to find ways to lose on purpose as if that buys you some kind of good fortune next year for your sacrifice.

Most running backs don't last that many years. You don't just skip a season because you are struggling a little. We're still in the chase.

28 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Makes no sense. :People go insane with trying to find ways to lose on purpose as if that buys you some kind of good fortune next year for your sacrifice.

Most running backs don't last that many years. You don't just skip a season because you are struggling a little. We're still in the chase.

If he is hurt let him heal. We can run jackson lindsay moss and wilkins

8 hours ago, Bravo said:

To address the bolded, because I own him in fantasy football. Duh! lol! :) 

44 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I have no idea on your personal opinion of Ballard and his drafting, but if you believe he can do something with the high picks, and the team is good already, then tanking may not be a bad strategy for one year. Look at the Bengals, they got Burrow, then they got Chase, then they made a SB, all in a two-year span. 

Just imagine what we could do with a draft if we had a top-five pick. Whether you take a QB at 5, or trade down, it sets you up for the future. We were in this position in 2018 if Luck hadn't retired.

I don’t think Taylor gets shutdown until one of two things happens….

1.   Either the Colts get eliminated from making the post-season.

Or….

2.   The team reaches the bye week, which I think this year is wk 14.   

Otherwise, I think this team continues to play to try and win. 

With the high ankle sprain, the best thing to do is shut it down until it heals completely because you are likely to keep reinjuring it if you don't. 

That's the dilemma.  Even if we were contenders, it would be a hard decision to make.  Do you play him and risk the reinjury or do you sit him and let him heal?  Sometimes in must win games you make a decision knowing the long term risk.

It would be a tough decision anyway, but as we stand, I don't know why you'd send him back out there with a high ankle sprain if that's what it is. .  It seems pretty evident that he's tweaking it out there when he plays. 

21 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

There is no point in constantly having Taylor hurt his ankle.

It sucks because Taylor was in MVP form last year but this years different 

We will finish between 6 and 8 wins most likely missing the playoffs.

You don’t shut down your best player for the year because you feel like we aren’t playing for anything. Him being hurt is one thing but that at minimum should be rest until he is better then he’s back in the lineup.

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

With the high ankle sprain, the best thing to do is shut it down until it heals completely because you are likely to keep reinjuring it if you don't. 

That's the dilemma.  Even if we were contenders, it would be a hard decision to make.  Do you play him and risk the reinjury or do you sit him and let him heal?  Sometimes in must win games you make a decision knowing the long term risk.

It would be a tough decision anyway, but as we stand, I don't know why you'd send him back out there with a high ankle sprain if that's what it is. .  It seems pretty evident that he's tweaking it out there when he plays. 

Even if we were in contention you still sit him unless he is 100%

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Even if we were in contention you still sit him unless he is 100%

Well that depends I think.  If you are trying to save your season, you might tape it and see if he can go if him diminished is better than what you have on the bench at full strength. 

I'd sit him either way right now.  It's been what almost a month?  If they'd have sat him, he might be close to 100% by now. 

JT was known as the EverReady battery that never goes down. That is no longer the case and like Saquon Barkley it will take a few years for him to get back to form. He talks well in front of the camera and discounts his fumbles. His best years was when he had a tough RB coach that made him work on his ball security. Remember his rookie year? They benched him for Jordan Wilkins. 

12 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Why anyone growing up would want to be a RB anymore, I don't know... 

If you can become an all purpose back, you add value to the NFL passing era teams with being a no huddle and every down player with few breathers. Then your value goes up since you also play receiver for the team. People in high school and college shouldn't take up RB position if they have mad athletic skills unless they work on their pass protection and catching skills. If you are too slow to be WR and big enough to be a fullback running a 4.6 or 4.7 40, then yeah, you can be the goal line back that can be drafted in later rounds or UDFA. You just need to be honest with yourself as to where your speed and skills' matches are. :) 

Nowadays, even college teams do RBC, so you just hope you can shine when given the chance because no matter how well you shine, you will be a Day 2 pick in Rounds 2-3 mostly even from FBS schools. Non-FBS schools, you should just love football to know that if that is the last time you are playing D2/D3/D4 RB with little shot at the NFL, you just play for the fun and love of football.

Shutting him down for the season is a bit of an overreaction.

Allow him the time necessary to recover completely from his injury - which also allows the offensive line to continue their work towards being a cohesive unit.

ALL players should be given the opportunity to heal completely before going back out on the field - regardless of their name and/or position.

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

You people are too quick to say shut it down and go into tank mode.  Tank too hard and no one will even want to come here.

Hes not even ruled out for long

Nobody said anything about tanking. Shut him down and win with Deon Jackson

Archived