Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fire OC Marcus Brady

Bravo

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's not what the lie is, and you know that.

"Trading Wentz was a mistake" is a definitively false statement, that you continue to repeat as if it's true. 

Trading Wentz without a plan was a huge mistake (driven solely by Irsay)and is why the Colts are in this situation.

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

we are all upset about the colts but it is not necessary to tell another poster that they are spreading lies because they have a different opinion. you are a good poster and this does not seem like you.

When you say something that's demonstrably false, and then decide to couch it as your opinion, it's still false, and deserves to be pointed out as such.

When you persist is repeating that falsehood, it becomes a lie. And I reserve the right to call it out when I see it.

I bet you this is irsay forcing Reich hand to give up playcalling.  He sees what we see.  Irsay probably want Reich to give up playcalling but can’t do so if the OC can’t call plays.  Get someone in there that can.  

either that or Brady is the scapegoat for why this offense sucks.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

When you say something that's demonstrably false, and then decide to couch it as your opinion, it's still false, and deserves to be pointed out as such.

When you persist is repeating that falsehood, it becomes a lie. And I reserve the right to call it out when I see it.

ok, it just seemed kind of harsh words coming from you, not your usual style. Enough said from me.

Reich fired Brady to preserve his own job.  Something many corporate company schmucks have done in many businesses.  My guess is that it will not save him from the chopping block, but I bet he changes up the offense to impress Irsay.  It'll be good until they have the ball on the 1 inch line on 4th down leading by 6 with 1 minute to go and snap a shotgun play and get sacked and fumble the ball with the Pats returning it for the winning TD.

Don't want to get in the middle of anything, but since it's a public forum, I'll chime in with this:

A little "Matt Ryan" thread research will show that opinions of his acquisition, and the positive affect it will have on our playmakers (Pittman, Hines, Campbell), are not matching up with some of the things I'm reading in this thread. I'll leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

If you look up Nelson film this year he is getting beat one on one .  This never happened before something is going on .  Most solid lines don’t even have 3 pro bowl level linemen and are better . 

More money = less hungry = less effort = our O-line.

8 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Don't want to get in the middle of anything, but since it's a public forum, I'll chime in with this:

A little "Matt Ryan" thread research will show that opinions of his acquisition, and the positive affect it will have on our playmakers (Pittman, Hines, Campbell), are not matching up with some of the things I'm reading in this thread. I'll leave it at that. 

Why stop there?  If you go back and do more research, you'll find that we're rarely right about anything here.  lol. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

No it wasn't. 

1) Wentz wasn't a good fit, bottom line.

2) They obviously didn't expect Ryan to be a downgrade.

3) The two moves weren't made together, Ryan didn't become available until after Wentz was traded. 

The shocking part about this whole scenario was the that there was no concrete plan to replace Wentz when he was booted to the curb. Ryan only became an eleventh hour acquisition when Atlanta started chasing Watson. Very odd for an established front office that had been in place for years.

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I tend to agree. Not that I just want these guys fired, but more that I am excited about the possibility of a new regime and new direction.

Irsay has shown that he will pull the plug, even if he owes money, but Ballard and Reich are under contract through 2026. That's 4 years of salary he has to pay them. 

And Irsay has also shown that values continuity and will commit and re-commit to his GM and HC, despite the writing on the wall.

Perhaps he learned from that decision with Grigson and Pagano, but I can definitely see the offseason narrative being about how Reich and Ballard have us on the right path and now they can get the young QB.

I think firing Reich and having Ballard hire a new HC is a bad course. But it's also a possibility.

Good points. How to explain that Irsay doesn’t learn from his mistakes? He saw what a rookie GM in Grigs paired with a rookie HC in Pags did to his franchise and promptly doubled down on that strategy. 

21 minutes ago, coltsva said:

35465a28-c1b5-4d5c-b261-efd972636776-cvs

8 minutes ago, ShuteAt168 said:

Good points. How to explain that Irsay doesn’t learn from his mistakes? He saw what a rookie GM in Grigs paired with a rookie HC in Pags did to his franchise and promptly doubled down on that strategy. 

Yep. It's probably not totally coincidental how this is playing out.

I don't know what will happen though. I don't like change just to have it, but a new regime with one of the top QB prospects sounds intriguing to say the least. Even with the growing pains, there will at least be a plan and likely a new team identity. 

I also just don't know if I trust the current braintrust to solve the long-term QB situation. But if he gets a chance, I hope he does.

12 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

The shocking part about this whole scenario was the that there was no concrete plan to replace Wentz when he was booted to the curb. Ryan only became an eleventh hour acquisition when Atlanta started chasing Watson. Very odd for an established front office that had been in place for years.

That was the plan though. They didn't really like any of their QB options after trading Wentz, so they figured they would take what was left over. And then Ryan became available and reset the whole expectations of this season (why he reset the expectations...I never really understood but it was non-stop hype after that).

I think there's a decent chance that, if ATL didn't pursue Watson, the current ATL QBs would be the current IND QBs. I think they would have signed Mariota and drafted someone (probably Ridder, given that they really liked Pierce).

Now Sam basically becomes Mariota and they will draft somebody in the upcoming draft.

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

That was the plan though. They didn't really like any of their QB options after trading Wentz, so they figured they would take what was left over. And then Ryan became available and reset the whole expectations of this season (why he reset the expectations...I never really understood but it was non-stop hype after that).

I think there's a decent chance that, if ATL didn't pursue Watson, the current ATL QBs would be the current IND QBs. I think they would have signed Mariota and drafted someone (probably Ridder, given that they really liked Pierce).

Now Sam basically becomes Mariota and they will draft somebody in the upcoming draft.

Yes, that seems very plausible.

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Rumor was Winston had the jet waiting for him if the Ryan deal fell through.

5 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Thread title: "Colts fire OC Marcus Brady"

Topic of discussion: Wentz was better, no Ryan is better,  Wentz was the problem, no Ryan is the problem, you're wrong & I'm right, no I'm right & you're wrong!

:wall:  :facepalm:

Actually I think it's on topic.  It took Ron Rivera five games to figure out what the Eagles and Colts already knew.  The mistake was trusting Reich when he was sure he could rescue Wentz's career.  And in perhaps the last act of desperation the Colts and Reich have fired the OC.  Seems to me that Reich continues to step on more necks as he crawls to get to the last air pocket on the sinking ship. 

5 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I don’t know why people don’t get this.

Probably because they are frustrated and their frustration keeps them from being rational.
   These games are so close: if JT or Ehliger didn’t fumble, if MPJ doesn’t drop the pass in the 4th, if the DL gets to Heinicke on the last drive, the Colts have a good chance of winning and the narrative is different.

Irsay, Ballard and Reich know why Brady was let go. He had responsibilities on this team and got paid well for his part. Maybe we’ll see an improvement on offense going forward and I’m all for that.

At a media interview  before the Commander game, Marcus Brady was asked about what he is doing about the Fumbles, and his answer was basically NOTHING. He was fired today because of his indifference. 

We knew what Nick Sirriani brought to the table but what did Marcus Brady bring to the table. In the draft room, we saw Reggie Wayne but in previous years we knew Sirriani was actively involved. 

We will not miss Marcus Brady but neither do I think we will add by subtraction. This move was going to happen either now or after the season. 

I don't doubt that he needed to go.  Strausser needs to go too but OL coach is best fixed in the offseason. 

None of these type of firings alleviate the pressure on Frank, but he needs to maximize what he's getting on this field with this unit so I'm fine with that move.

39 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

At a media interview  before the Commander game, Marcus Brady was asked about what he is doing about the Fumbles, and his answer was basically NOTHING. He was fired today because of his indifference. 

That's a position coach issue, though.

The fumbles on Sunday were players trying to do too much, especially JT. This is what happens when the team is desperate.

Archived