Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fire OC Marcus Brady

Bravo

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So said another way, this is Irsay's way of tanking this year without really tanking.  By making the HC he is losing confidence in struggle more.

Right, because this team was having trouble finding ways to lose games... 

I think it's pretty simple, but a big part of my conclusion is based on the idea that I think Reich is not for long anyway.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Right, because this team was having trouble finding ways to lose games... 

I think it's pretty simple, but a big part of my conclusion is based on the idea that I think Reich is not for long anyway.

I'm serious.  Making his HC struggle more with game prep would be a way of tanking.   But is Irsay really responsible for the firing of Brady?   

2 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Why don’t you guys get it Brady is responsible for the weekly game plan and installs.

1. Just because you comment and poo poo on every post does not make your opinion a fact.

2. FR has ALWAYS stated that developing the gameplan was a team collaboration.......and ultimately he is the HC and the one ACTUALLY calling the plays.....

3. Firing an OC that is simply part of the greater team concept is FR covering his *. 

4. The OLine has regressed every year under the current OL Coach, that would have made more sense...

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Good stuff on this podcast. Charlie thinks Irsay apologized for forcing Wentz out and Ryan move he has told Reich don’t worry about your job and starting Sam just do the best you can and we will figure it out after the season.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/whos-got-next-with-wish-tvs-charlie-clifford/id1508442475?i=1000584645376

Well, Irsay pretty much did force Wentz out and put Reich into a bit of a squeeze.  Not that the podcast has it right about the apology.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I'm serious.  Making his HC struggle more with game prep would be a way of tanking.   But is Irsay really responsible for the firing of Brady?   

I think the simplest conclusion is that Reich is trying to save his job by taking over more control of the offense. If Irsay wanted to sabotage Reich, keeping the turnover-happy Ryan at QB and the ineffectual Brady at OC would be the way to go. 

Lots of good takes here. In the end, Frank having total control of the Offense will be prove to either be his salvation or his downfall and being shown the door at the end of the year. No place to hide; he owns it now…… either sink or swim. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think the simplest conclusion is that Reich is trying to save his job by taking over more control of the offense. If Irsay wanted to sabotage Reich, keeping the turnover-happy Ryan at QB and the ineffectual Brady at OC would be the way to go. 

I think Irsay sees the three of them as still a team at this point and are simply trying to win as many games as possible by getting the QB play up to par and doing what they need to with the OC duties.

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

It wasn't a mistake to get rid of Carson Wentz. Stop perpetuating that lie. 

It was. You don’t downgrade. Especially when there was no upgrade. The only way it made sense was if they were  going to just turn to Sam to start the season. Then I understand wanting to see what Sam had. Calling it a lie is ridiculous. It’s my opinion whether you agree doesn’t make it a lie.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

In fact, it probably has an adverse affect on Sam Ehlinger, who was working closely with Brady over the last few days and on gameday. There were several times where Ehlinger and Brady were in serious conversation on the sideline, 1 on 1, no Reich, no Milanovich, no Foles, etc. Now you take away the new QB's #1 sounding board, and make that person the already distracted and stretched-too-thin HC, and how do you think that works out?

Maybe you are onto something here. Sam looked pretty good , you know we can't have that .

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It was. You don’t downgrade. Especially when there was no upgrade. The only way it made sense was if they were  going to just turn to Sam to start the season. Then I understand wanting to see what Sam had.

No it wasn't. 

1) Wentz wasn't a good fit, bottom line.

2) They obviously didn't expect Ryan to be a downgrade.

3) The two moves weren't made together, Ryan didn't become available until after Wentz was traded. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

It wasn't a mistake to get rid of Carson Wentz. Stop perpetuating that lie. 

We've got blinders on in here about Carson... Let's not ignore the fact that he led the Commanders to a rousing 1-4 start to the season, and with how well Taylor has been playing is at risk of staying on the bench. 

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We've got blinders on in here about Carson... Let's not ignore the fact that he led the Commanders to a rousing 1-4 start to the season, and with how well Taylor has been playing is at risk of staying on the bench. 

I don’t believe Carson was the guy. But I have stuck  to my guns since we knew he was going to be traded. You don’t trade him without having a upgrade. Ryan at 37 was not a upgrade. They  even traded him before Ryan was even available. Don’t take me saying we shouldn’t of traded him to thinking he was the guy. That’s two different scenarios. If the plan was just to start Sam and see what he had I was ok trading Carson because that paved a path forward.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Absolutely not. He's been coaching for almost half of a season and is doing really well as the WR coach. Why would we want to pull him away from the young WR unit that he's done such great work with so far?

Because he has high football IQ .  That is what made him a elite player .  We need a young talented oc .   He can still develop the wrs . 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

No it wasn't. 

1) Wentz wasn't a good fit, bottom line.

2) They obviously didn't expect Ryan to be a downgrade.

3) The two moves weren't made together, Ryan didn't become available until after Wentz was traded. 

I think the 'fit' argument is probably correct. Ballard wanted to minimize the importance of the QB on the Colts mix, so Wentz made sense. What they didn't count on was the mistakes Wentz made under pressure.

There are a lot of little pieces to this puzzle. Even little pieces can have a great impact on team morale and attitude.

1 hour ago, aReggie7 said:

Chris Strausser came in 2019. The Colts OL was pretty good in 19 and 20 when AC was healthy. 

The OL struggles, IMO, has much more to do with losing AC. Plus, this team has also gotten worse at RG this year and lost a very good blocking TE in Jack Doyle. So I think the issue is much more to do with personnel. 

It's not like Reich is hands off with the offense. From everything we have seen and heard he is very involved and hands on with it. When analyzing problems with the plays/scheme on offense then I'm looking at Frank Reich. 

If you look up Nelson film this year he is getting beat one on one .  This never happened before something is going on .  Most solid lines don’t even have 3 pro bowl level linemen and are better . 

Just now, strt182 said:

Ryan was an upgrade. In the situation Ryan was given made him look like a downgrade. How many comebacks did Carson have? Not saying Ryan was/is the guy either , and I was even all for giving Carson another year. 

I don’t believe  this at all. Even Ryan admitted he had played hero ball his whole career. Colts media even said colts people even told them Ryan had never played a quick game like rivers that they were just projecting he could. Ryan supposed to be less volitile then Carson. He was worse. No excuses can’t turn it over like that.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

How  is saying we shouldn’t of traded Wentz unless there was a upgrade a lie. That’s  just my opinion so just stop.

That's not what the lie is, and you know that.

"Trading Wentz was a mistake" is a definitively false statement, that you continue to repeat as if it's true. 

Just now, Superman said:

That's not what the lie is, and you know that.

"Trading Wentz was a mistake" is a definitively false statement, that you continue to repeat as if it's true. 

Then you are clearly misinterpreting what I said. Yes in my opinion it was a mistake. It’s not a lie. You need to learn what a lie is.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You don’t trade someone like Wentz unless your tanking and turning to Sam or there  was a clear upgrade available. There was no upgrades. Ryan also was  not a upgrade. He was more volitile then Wentz was.

I think you are trying to say...if the podcast is correct...that Irsay feels some culpability for the current W/L record because Ryan was so bad at QB.

He forced the Wentz trade without having an upgrade in mind...almost saying that any QB would be better...and that thinking has contributed to our current record and offensive incompetence.

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

It was. You don’t downgrade. Especially when there was no upgrade. The only way it made sense was if they were  going to just turn to Sam to start the season. Then I understand wanting to see what Sam had. Calling it a lie is ridiculous. It’s my opinion whether you agree doesn’t make it a lie.

Wentz is burning trash and Ryan is trash so it was an upgrade

Just now, DougDew said:

I think you are trying to say...if the podcast is correct...that Irsay feels some culpability for the current W/L record because Ryan was so bad at QB.

He forced the Wentz trade without having an upgrade in mind...almost saying that any QB would be better...and that thinking has contributed to our current record and offensive incompetence.

Yes that’s exactly what they were getting at. 

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Wentz is burning trash and Ryan is trash so it was an upgrade

We went from scoring 26 to not even scoring 20 per game. We were one of the leading in points during that hot streak last season. Would you rather score 30 with the occasional Wentz mishap or 13 and still having the mishaps.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Your opinion is wrong. 

And that’s fine. Doesn’t make it a lie.

Archived