Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fire OC Marcus Brady

Bravo

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

At a media interview  before the Commander game, Marcus Brady was asked about what he is doing about the Fumbles, and his answer was basically NOTHING. He was fired today because of his indifference. 

We knew what Nick Sirriani brought to the table but what did Marcus Brady bring to the table. In the draft room, we saw Reggie Wayne but in previous years we knew Sirriani was actively involved. 

We will not miss Marcus Brady but neither do I think we will add by subtraction. This move was going to happen either now or after the season. 

Yeah, with us speculating as to why fire....right now mid season and on a Tuesday.... I was thinking that maybe he pulled a Grigson, said something or did something that would not wear well. 

9 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

We're gonna find out how good Frank's gameplanning ability is.  I figure the Colts will look a little bit smarter as a result but they're still going to need better line play.

Hopefully better play design and schemes lead to better oline play. Maybe bad play design contributed to it.

12 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Strausser and Reich should have been booted well before Brady. This is just absurd. I think Irsay made the right move by forcing the switch to Sam, but any potential Sam has will be handicapped if he lets Frank and this OL stay.

Brady was bad. What had he done that he should keep his job?

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hopefully better play design and schemes lead to better oline play. Maybe bad play design contributed to it.

Brady was bad. What had he done that he should keep his job?

Nothing, but he hadn’t done as much as Frank and Strausser to lose his job. I’m fine with Brady being gone, but at the very least Strausser should’ve joined him.

7 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Nah you don’t do that now 

Some of you are weird. Brady was a major contributor to the game plan every week. He has been bad for awhile.

No, what they said is correct 9/10 times.  If the assistants were being let go after the season, before Reich....then yes, that's what happens when they let the HC have another go round with new assistants. 

When they can your assistants during the season, (especially your senior-most assistants, which OC definitely is one of) what they are doing is removing all your crutches, scapegoats, and chances to blame anyone but yourself... The HC will own this record and he'll own it alone. 

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yes. So I assume him taking over is a good thing.

Depends on if its not too much along with play calls. Brady was from the CFL i think there may have been some philisophical differences. Now Frank can work as a former QB with his young QB, design the game plan, and the plays as a former OC and be right in his ear the whole game.

3 hours ago, Indy87 said:

Wow. So we aren’t going to hold the OL coach accountable. I mean why would we do that? 

Because the O-line regression only happened once certain players left, and their replacements weren’t as good. The OL took a step back in 2021 when Castonzo retired and Fisher was brought in as his replacement. The OL took a further step back this season after Glowinski left in FA and both Pinter and Pryor have not been as good in his spot.

All the regression on this team can be traced back to good players leaving and their replacements being terrible. That’s why the talk about how We’ve regressed since we lost Sirianni and Strausser isn’t good at his job needs to chill.

You want to hold someone accountable, it should be the GM.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Depends on if its not too much along with play calls. Brady was from the CFL i think there may have been some philisophical differences. Now Frank can work as a former QB with his young QB, design the game plan, and the plays as a former OC and be right in his ear the whole game.

I don’t think he can do this in his own. Hopefully Scotty Montgomery has some input. It is a lot to take on. Someone also mention he can probably trust Bradley and bubba to their units while Reich concentrates on the offense.

13 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Because the O-line regression only happened once certain players left, and their replacements weren’t as good. The OL took a step back in 2021 when Castonzo retired and Fisher was brought in as his replacement. The OL took a further step back this season after Glowinski left in FA and both Pinter and Pryor have not been as good in his spot.

All the regression on this team can be traced back to good players leaving and their replacements being terrible. That’s why the talk about how We’ve regressed since we lost Sirianni and Strausser isn’t good at his job needs to chill.

Dj Khaled Compliment GIF

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I want to hold Ballard Accountable. Nelson, Kelly, and Smith have all regressed as well. 

Once again Colts fire the wrong guy. Get out the gates to a very very very slow start every year under Frank and according to Irsay is safe. Fire Frank now and Stausser with him. Thats the right move. Frank is the guy who put together this coaching staff. Does this sound familiar. We let Bruce Arians leave for Phoenix and keep Chuck Pagano. Arians was a much better HC. Now We keep Frank and Nick Siriani is undefeated in Philly and The Bears are headed in the right direction. Who in management is making these bone head decisions. Only one person comes to mind in all cases. Jim Irsay. Yes i know Chuck had an illness but in business you do what's best  for your business and keeping Arians was the right decision. We hear I'll do what's best for this team. Really? Chick was never a great coach average at best. Frank is the same as Pagano average. Let John Fox finish this season as interim HC

22 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I want to hold Ballard Accountable. Nelson, Kelly, and Smith have all regressed as well. 

Kelly has been regressing. Whether it’s because of what him and his wife went through or he’s just in the decline stage of his career, he hasn’t been good in awhile.

Nelson was fine last year. It’s this year he seems off his game. Same with Smith. It’s hard when you have guys who have a track record of being good and just say they all just magically got worse because of a position coach.

I think it’s a mixture of a lot of things contributing to the individual performances of each guy.

8 minutes ago, Painterman said:

Can we fire the owner? You know, the guy who gives the other team buliten board material. 

You would think more people would truly appreciate Irsay.

Any other owner would of took the Colts to LA, if presented the potential offer.

He decided to commit another 30yrs to the city instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2016/1/31/10881232/report-colts-were-seriously-contemplating-moving-to-los-angeles-in-early-2000s

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Kelly has been regressing. Whether it’s because of what him and his wife went through or he’s just in the decline stage of his career, he hasn’t been good in awhile.

Nelson was fine last year. It’s this year he seems off his game. Same with Smith. It’s hard when you have guys who have a track record of being good and just say they all just magically got worse because of a position coach.

I think it’s a mixture of a lot of things contributing to the individual performances of each guy.

you can find a reason to excuse every single member of this team my guy.

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

You would think more people would truly appreciate Irsay.

Any other owner would of took the Colts to LA, if presented the potential offer.

He decided to commit another 30yrs to the city instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2016/1/31/10881232/report-colts-were-seriously-contemplating-moving-to-los-angeles-in-early-2000s

Sure, after he held us up for a shiny new stadium. Irsay didn't stay here out of the goodness of his heart, he stayed because Indianapolis offered him it's soul.

1 minute ago, Painterman said:

Sure, after he held us up for a shiny new stadium. Irsay didn't stay here out of the goodness of his heart, he stayed because Indianapolis offered him it's soul.

You want to keep your team you better be willing to build a stadium.

Still could of left for LA if he wanted. Was definitely more money to be made there.

3 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

We're gonna find out how good Frank's gameplanning ability is.  I figure the Colts will look a little bit smarter as a result but they're still going to need better line play.

Are you telling us that Frank has not been involved in the game planning? You may be onto something. All this time Frank has been calling plays but has not been involved in the game planning? We now will look much smarter with our head coach and play caller now involved in game planning. What a novel idea.

3 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Yes he was the Marcus Brady of Philly.

Doug Pederson did all the play calling as they ran Pedersons offense

What does this have to do with the game plan, play scripts and play design? Pederson is an Andy Reid disciple. Do you think it was also his call to run the football as much as they did? They were top 5-10 rushing. Andy Reid certainly didnt instill that in him. I think he took that from Reich.

Archived