Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fire OC Marcus Brady

Bravo

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

After hearing Frank's presser, when it comes to Brady it does get a bit weird at times, similar to Irsay's thumbs up in his termination notice.  Frank goes on about how well a guy who was just fired did his job. lol

Take a lesson from Belichick and in certain situations, like this, say as little as possible.

When anybody is fired in any company, they bring the person into the office and they have a private conversation......for a reason.

The company doesn't then post the conversation or their support for firing the person on Facebook.

So we will never really know why Brady was fired, nor should we.  Just because the NFL is a show-production company whose customers are fans, that doesn't change this situation, IMO.  Yes, they should not say too much.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah,  Frank said that.  I don't think he said that was all Brady did in total. 

He also said that Brady works with the receivers during the week while Frank worked with the QBs.  I guess that means Brady worked with the receivers with installing and practicing the specific game plan.  (Reggie would work with developing them as individual players)

That is interesting when you see the 3 big mistakes Pittman made. Did Brady not have them prepared.

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

So he owns it. What does that mean?
 You think he isn't surrounded by a whole staff and coaching staff that contributes there evaluation of personel at seasons end.
 What a joke. You can see the group think in our pre-draft shows. 
He has to have some level of trust from these people to make his final choice.

So really, he is somewhere North of 51% responsble.

ballard has final say regardless he hires the people under him . owning it means fixing it in the offseason that is all .   when ballard talks about it being a roster good enough to compete for super bowls and brings in a veteran its his job to protect that veteran .

47 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That is interesting when you see the 3 big mistakes Pittman made. Did Brady not have them prepared.

Who's to say.  Let's see if things get better with Frank and Scotty having more direct input and Sam at QB.

24 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Who's to say.  Let's see if things get better with Frank and Scotty having more direct input and Sam at QB.

I look at Bubba and Bradley and those two coaches have their units prepared and disaplined. Reich doesn’t even have to worry about those two groups. Maybe Reich taking control we will see a more disaplined group. Or things might already be too far gone. 

Not even going to read this thread cause I’m sure it’s all over the place from sound logic all the way to the extreme nonsense. 

I will just say this. 

An offensive coordinator’s job is to produce offense. The Colts are 30th in points per game and 18th in yards per game. 

The Colts are averaging 16.1 points per game. Only Denver and Pittsburg are worse. The Houston Texans score more points than the Colts do. 

When you suck at your job, they find someone else to do the job. The same fate could happen to Reich and Ballard too. And it will be based on the results. 

That’s how business works. 

3 hours ago, jszfunk said:

This might have been asked already, and sorry for the ignorance, but what job does the OC have if they are not calling plays? To me that seems to be the main task in that position.

Gameplanning/scheming, installing said gameplan, working with position coaches to make sure their units are prepped and ready.

5 hours ago, jszfunk said:

This might have been asked already, and sorry for the ignorance, but what job does the OC have if they are not calling plays? To me that seems to be the main task in that position.

There are a few offensive minded HCs who are also the primary play caller on game day. There have always been a couple guys here and there, but in recent years this has become more commonplace. Frank Reich was the OC for the Eagles, but Doug Pederson was the primary play caller. Reich understood the dynamic when he came to the Colts.

I am not and never have been a fan of this structure. But some coaches make it work. To me, your offense has to be top five -- dynamic, explosive, efficient -- to make up for the drawbacks in other areas, otherwise, it's not worth it. Sean McVay is an incredible play caller, and his offenses are always top notch, so you can excuse his occasional mistake in game management because he's such a better play caller than anyone who would take his place. That's not true of Reich.

11 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Thursday is the day coordinators talk to the media. It's interesting that Scottie is handling this week's media obligation. I wonder if he'll handle it every week.

Archived