Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fire OC Marcus Brady

Bravo

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back last year at the start of our downfall against the Raiders, can we say then that Brady had a part in the offensive collapse with Wentz as well? 

Perhaps Nick was more vocal and open with Frank during his time here on running the offense? 

I don't freaking know anymore, man... This team is becoming a headline every Tuesday now... 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Looking back last year at the start of our downfall against the Raiders, can we say then that Brady had a part in the offensive collapse with Wentz as well? 

Perhaps Nick was more vocal and open with Frank during his time here on running the offense? 

I don't freaking know anymore, man... This team is becoming a headline every Tuesday now... 

Hopefully by January this team gets a much needed reset at GM, HC and down enough with this disappointing regime.

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

Total scapegoat move. What a joke. 

If this doesn't force Irsay and CB to see the Frank is the real issue, then nothing will. 

I think Irsay is meddling more. This seems like a either your or your OC has to go. 

I can't be the only one getting serious 2015 vibes from this season. So many similarities.

• Both teams had SB aspirations
  • Both teams have a terrible offense
    • #31 DVOA in 2015
    • #32 DVOA in 2022
  • Both teams had a QB injury/change
    • Luck shoulder injury missed 9 games. Replaced by Hasselback.
    • Ryan shoulder injury/benching and will miss 10 games. Replaced by Ehlinger.
  • Both teams fired their OC in season
    • Pep Hamilton was fired on 11/3/2015 after a tough OT loss to CAR
    • Marcus Brady is fired on 11/1/22 after tough last-minute loss to WAS

After the 2015 season, many more coaches were fired and replaced. And then Irsay committed to Grigson and Pagano with the extensions.

So we will see what happens. Irsay already committed to Ballard and Reich before last season, so it would be more of a re-commitment. But I can definitely see him going that route, but only a couple more coaches (Strausser) getting replaced.

Just now, lollygagger8 said:

Total scapegoat move. What a joke. 

If this doesn't force Irsay and CB to see the Frank is the real issue, then nothing will. 

So what if this week the Colts come out and score on their first 2 drives? Or even just their first. Personally i usually don't expect to score on the first drive ,great if you do but you atleast wanna lil bit of a sustained drive in the first series.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Albright makes a good point. If offense is unprepared that’s on the OC.

I still think it's not on one person. Preparation should be a team effort just like everything else... Head coach, coordinators, assistants and even the dang players! Let's not forget that these players are grown adult men... 

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I can't be the only one getting serious 2015 vibes from this season. So many similarities.

• Both teams had SB aspirations
  • Both teams have terrible offense
    • #31 DVOA in 2015
    • #32 in 2022.
  • Both teams had a QB injury/change
    • Luck shoulder injury missed 9 games. Replaced by Hasselback.
    • Ryan shoulder injury and will miss 10 games. Replaced by Ehlinger.
  • Both teams fired their OC in season
    • Pep Hamilton was fired on 11/3/2015 after a tough OT loss to CAR
    • Marcus Brady is fired on 11/1/22 after tough last-minute loss to WAS

After the 2015 season, many more coaches were fired and replaced. And then Irsay committed to Grigson and Pagano with the extensions.

So we will see what happens. Irsay already committed to Ballard and Reich before last season, so it would be more of a re-commitment. But I can definitely see him going that route, but only a couple more coaches (Strausser) getting replaced.

I think Irsay gives them next year to try again . If they fail again they are gone 

3 minutes ago, philba101 said:

We have not scored on the first drive of the game all year. We have scored less than 20 points in 6 of the last 7 games. The numbers are not good no matter how you look at it. I doubt this is the only change that will be made.

We also haven't led at halftime since last Christmas against Arizona, it's been 10 consecutive games since then that we've trailed or been tied at the midgame point. Over 2 different seasons, with now 3 different starting quarterbacks, this team still starts slowly and builds a deficit, and it's often too large to overcome and for that I blame the Head Coach who isn't getting the team ready to play from the opening kickoff, not a scapegoated OC who never called plays or decided whether to take the sure points of a short field goal, or go for it on 4th down and send our smallest RB up the middle!

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

They're not wrong. This is absolutely a scapegoat firing, for all the reasons mentioned so far. Brady doesn't even have the usual responsibilities of an OC, because those are held by the head coach. Reich is primarily responsible for the offensive shortcomings.

That said, doesn't mean Brady was good at his job. If Reich was fired in January, I'm 100% sure Brady would not have been retained by the new staff, and it's also highly unlikely he would find a new OC job in the NFL. But he's still being scapegoated.

I would 100% bet there are offensive lineman that had some things to say regarding our scheme.
 The time for being nice has passed. And i have no doubt we can get more creative, that is certain.
Brady is the obvious place to start.

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Hopefully by January this team gets a much needed reset at GM, HC and down enough with this disappointing regime.

I tend to agree. Not that I just want these guys fired, but more that I am excited about the possibility of a new regime and new direction.

Irsay has shown that he will pull the plug, even if he owes money, but Ballard and Reich are under contract through 2026. That's 4 years of salary he has to pay them. 

And Irsay has also shown that values continuity and will commit and re-commit to his GM and HC, despite the writing on the wall.

Perhaps he learned from that decision with Grigson and Pagano, but I can definitely see the offseason narrative being about how Reich and Ballard have us on the right path and now they can get the young QB.

I think firing Reich and having Ballard hire a new HC is a bad course. But it's also a possibility.

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

Zak's a little slow on the uptake there. We've been saying this for weeks on here. 

Painfully obvious who the weak link was out of the Pederson/Sirianni/Reich trio. 

You could argue he's above both of them at least for this season in a microcosm... Doug just lost to freaking Russell Wilson and the high falling Broncos... 

20 minutes ago, philba101 said:

We have not scored on the first drive of the game all year. We have scored less than 20 points in 6 of the last 7 games. The numbers are not good no matter how you look at it. I doubt this is the only change that will be made.

We’re averaging something like 2 pts per game in the first half. If we could score the same in the first half as the second we would be winning games. 

They just replayed the entire conversation between Frank and Marcus on ESPN.

Marcus:. " Coach, I think teams might be catching on to us running Hines up the middle. Should we maybe try something different and get him in space?"

Frank: "You obviously know nothing about football so ..you're fired"!!!

13 minutes ago, strt182 said:

So what if this week the Colts come out and score on their first 2 drives? Or even just their first. Personally i usually don't expect to score on the first drive ,great if you do but you atleast wanna lil bit of a sustained drive in the first series.

Man wouldn't that be something? 

But uh......

why-him-why-him-gi-fs.gif

13 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Sam mentioned he has been watching a lot of eagles tape.

I've been saying that for weeks.  I'm sure Siriani's success with Hurts was a big driving force in the move to Sam.  They think they can replicate it with Sam.

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Not super pumped about Frank taking over all of the OC duties, but maybe he feels like he can trust Gus & Bubba to take care of their units so he can give most of his attention to the offense?

Makes sense. I assume Reich was responsible for play design in Phili. They were really good so maybe it does help. Scotty Montgomery should be a big help too.

Archived