Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fire OC Marcus Brady

Bravo

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Here comes the Reich apologist. He’s the head coach and calls the plays on one of the worst offenses in the league. His offense looks like it was from circa 2003. 

Frank calls the play on game day, but Brady most likely handles a lot of the install and preparation during the week. With how stale and unprepared the team has looked on offense to start games, he may have a larger role than we think. Keep in mind that he also most likely has some heavy influence in the scripted plays that we start the game with and it's been proven that our offense does much better once we get away from that.

I'm not trying to absolve Frank of poor playcalling, but Brady isn't just some guy walking around with a clip board in his hands that holds a purely ceremonial title. Even with Frank calling the plays, our offense has seen an appreciable decline since Siriani went to Philly. That alone tells me that Brady wasn't that good at his job.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Bringing in a new offensive mind toy help Reich is a good thing.

It could only help. I think Montgomery will be the interim OC since he's got OC experience and Frank has mentioned him RPO knowledge in the past.

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

Frank calls the play on game day, but Brady most likely handles a lot of the install and preparation during the week. With how stale and unprepared the team has looked on offense to start games, he may have a larger role than we think. Keep in mind that he also most likely has some heavy influence in the scripted plays that we start the game with and it's been proven that our offense does much better once we get away from that.

I'm not trying to absolve Frank of poor playcalling, but Brady isn't just some guy walking around with a clip board in his hands that holds a purely ceremonial title. Even with Frank calling the plays, our offense has seen an appreciable decline since Siriani went to Philly. That alone tells me that Brady wasn't that good at his job.

It could only help. I think Montgomery will be the interim OC since he's got OC experience and Frank has mentioned him RPO knowledge in the past.

I don’t know why people don’t get this.

4 minutes ago, Shive said:

Additionally, maybe Frank has been trying to groom Brady to take over play calling, and a larger role in the offense, but it's just not moving in the right direction.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Wonder if colts think oline issues are partly due to the offensive game plan.

I'm sure that's part of it but guys are getting just flat out beat. Nothing about planning there. 

I think the scheming is why the run game has been so bad though. 

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

You really don’t think the weekly game plan was partly because of Brady. Brady just didn’t sit there and do nothing.

Game plan is one thing, but execution and play calling on game day is another. You can prepare for the lions that you’re going to see all week then once it’s game time you see something completely different. It’s up to the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments in game to succeed. We honestly aren’t seeing that. Now I’m not saying Brady hadn’t played a part in this, but his role is certainly lesser than those of Reich imo. 

12 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Nah you don’t do that now 

Some of you are weird. Brady was a major contributor to the game plan every week. He has been bad for awhile.

Do you think Frank would have given complete autonomy to Brady for designing the game plans every week? 

Or

Would it have been under the supervision of the head coach? 

Given that Reich never let anybody call plays even for a short time during the games, I'm having my doubts that he'd have let Brady game plan on his own and could blame that for the struggles in the offense. 

Anyway, we're gonna see great game plans going forward, so no worries. 

1 minute ago, ProblChld32 said:

Game plan is one thing, but execution and play calling on game day is another. You can prepare for the lions that you’re going to see all week then once it’s game time you see something completely different. It’s up to the coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments in game to succeed. We honestly aren’t seeing that. Now I’m not saying Brady hadn’t played a part in this, but his role is certainly lesser than those of Reich imo. 

Assistant coaches are responsible for getting guys easy to play. execution is on the assistants.

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Do you think Frank would have given complete autonomy to Brady for designing the game plans every week? 

Or

Would it have been under the supervision of the head coach? 

Given that Reich never let anybody call plays even for a short time during the games, I'm having my doubts that he'd have let Brady game plan on his own and could blame that for the struggles in the offense. 

Anyway, we're gonna see great game plans going forward, so no worries. 

lol there is no difference there.

And so it begins.

This organization is an embarrassment. I may cancel my season tickets next year. How could any reasonable person conclude Brady was the reason our offense was a disaster? Does our head coach own any mirrors?

Not sure what all the moaning is for. At the end of the day he's still the OC of arguably the worst offense in the league. Are others part of the problem? For sure. But Franks not gunna fire himself. As for Strausser, he at least had 2 good years before this terrible year so maybe they feel it's just a personnel issue on the OL.

Just not sure why everyone is acting like Brady is somehow blameless in all of this.

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Assistant coaches are responsible for getting guys easy to play. execution is on the assistants.

lol there is no difference there.

We will have to agree to disagree there, at the end of each practice you typically run through script plays that you are planning on running on game day. It is Brady’s job to make sure those plays are executed flawlessly as the OC. He is responsible for calling out the nuances he sees in live action during practice. 

1 minute ago, NorthernColt said:

Not sure what all the moaning is for. At the end of the day he's still the OC of arguably the worst offense in the league. Are others part of the problem? For sure. But Franks not gunna fire himself. As for Strausser, he at least had 2 good years before this terrible year so maybe they feel it's just a personnel issue on the OL.

Just not sure why everyone is acting like Brady is somehow blameless in all of this.

I'm okay with it. Makes sense. The offense has been absolutely terrible. I think most of us would like to know just how much Reich is in charge of the offense. Is he merely calling the plays in game or is he assisting with the design as well? 

Archived