Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Good effort by the defense and STs. The offense was pretty much trash. Positives are Pittman did well, Woods is a nice red zone target, and Pierce had a good game. Much better than I was expecting to see. Let's see if we can put back-to-back efforts together next week against the Titans.

Tempering my expectations for now.

As you should. Putting together multiple wins means more than an one week upset 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Indeee said:

I'm not knocking you're hope or happiness. I'm just kind of caught in this vortex of emotion with this team. Today was terrible for both teams you are right. I think the win for us just hides the fact that we really do stink and the loss for the chiefs will be just looked at as a hiccup. 

It was ugly but a win might be the jumpstart they need.

Just now, Indeee said:

I'm not knocking you're hope or happiness. I'm just kind of caught in this vortex of emotion with this team. Today was terrible for both teams you are right. I think the win for us just hides the fact that we really do stink and the loss for the chiefs will be just looked at as a hiccup. 

Enjoy today man. If we are as terrible as we were last week, it'll show again.

We could lose the next 10.. Lol

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some really need to go back and watch the game and listen to Romo.  He did a great job explaining what’s been going on in the Colts offense and at one point said it’s going to take about six weeks to come together.  Sound familiar?  That’s what happened with Luck’s first year with Reich, same with Rivers, and same with Wentz.  That’s why musical QBs is not good.

Romo also mentioned multiple times that’s the Colts don’t have any explosive weapons….

sigh

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah funny how that same poster probably didn't say the Texans got a gift when that really should have been a win - still a tie and that tie will be like a win when the division is figured out. Bottomline we beat KC who was 2nd in the power rankings. I didn't see 1 person in here pick us, I did though The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Frankly this is going to show who is just here to complain.  Was today perfect?  No it wasn’t.  This team still has some very real issues to figure out, and it’s perfectly okay to say hey I am glad they won but let’s not forget this X.  With that said this team showed a lot of heart today and gritted out a win almost no one thought they had a prayer in.  If you can’t enjoy that as a fan I ask what are you doing?  Again, I am NOT talking about those who are saying yeah I am glad they won but there are still some real issues.  That’s not the samething as those who are just complaining and almost seem mad they won.  Are those people entitled to their opinion?  Sure.  However, so am I and I question why those people are here if all they are going to do is complain.  I’ll say one more time just to be clear if you are going hey I am happy they won but I still have concerns I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU.  

Thrilled to see this team come out and play with some heart today and get a great win! We are 1-1-1 and possibly leading our division. Last year we were 0-3 at this point. Significant improvement in several areas today. If we can get the o line playing better (not smart enough to tell you the problem, but we have too many good players there to look this bad), this could be a very good football team. And for those of you saying this was not a win....go check the standings.

I’ll give credit where it’s due, nice long drive to end the game. But if it wasn’t for that * lineman barking nonsense at Matt Ryan that drive may have never taken place. The O line is still not playing anywhere the level of the highest paid line in the league. Ryan was fighting for his life most of the game and the totally unacceptable 

Today, Matt Ryan and the offense were sub-par overall. Long ways to go for the offense. 

Game ball goes to Gus Bradley. He coached his butt off. Removing Blackmon and letting Rodgers play were the 2 singular things that helped Gus Bradley and props to the coaches for making the changes on that side of the ball.

Like the adage goes, the special teams and the D can keep you in the game but the QB and the offense have to finish it off with 1 good drive, which is all it took, thanks to the special teams and D playing at a high level.

If the Chiefs ever went up 24-13, I think our offense would have had to press and the only way we can consistently win is keeping things close, like I said before because it keeps the strength of our running game a factor. Plus, the Chiefs sure miss Tyreek and Mahomes looked human there. 

Great win for the Colts!!! 

5 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

The kid has some talent and showed it today. Hes got speed AND size, which is really nice to have. I loved the catch where he went up and got it. His hands are better than he showed the first week. 

And Jelani Woods made 2 really nice plays in the redzone. 

The opportunities are gonna be there for these 2 guys so we will see what they got.

Physical, speedy, etc.. was great in college on 9s/verts, deep slants, etc.. 

Need more. 

And need more Woods, less Granson. 

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Romo also mentioned multiple times that’s the Colts don’t have any explosive weapons….

sigh

He’s not wrong.  Not saying the offense is going to be perfect but he did a really job explaining why the line has been such a train wreck and why communication and Ryan just simply not being comfortable in the offense yet is a huge part of that.  With that said even if that clears up the Colts still lack explosive weapons unless Hines gets loose in space or Taylor busts a big run.

6 minutes ago, RDNScot said:

I thought they picked up the flag because Mahomes had the tackler by the facemask as well. So kind of let the two facemasks cancel each other out without the need for flags, then go with the other foul (I think it was holding).

If that’s the case, then I would imagine the officials are going to get slammed in their reviews.

You don’t fail to call one just because there are two.

Good grief, is it that hard for fans to just be honest when a call (or no call) goes our way?  Would we feel the same way if the teams were reversed?

5 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

So is a mutual face-masking 2 penalties or 0 penalties?

You just don’t call it which is what the officials ultimately did.  Officials don’t call everything.  If they did there would be a flag every play.  It’s like when you have hand fighting on PI’s by both guys they don’t call double pass interference they just let them play on because no one got an advantage from it.  Honestly, other than the 2 point call, the officials got their calls right, including the ones that went against the Colts.  

18 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Right, we have to give them some time. Pierce looked good. Woods was a weapon in the redzone. 

Patience people.

Btw Colts fans. The building was at least 30% Chiefs fans in a home opener. Thats not ok. I get that its been frustrating, but cmon. 

I think we have to let benard play and go trial by fire pit Pryor at rg and we can manage on the oline , with Braden and Pryor on the right it might not be the best pass blocking but will be good run blocking 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NewColtsFan, you are a good friend of mine but what do think now? I told you we would win. I was surprised Tennessee won, they barley won but congrats to them. They are still 1-2. That tie we had on opening day is better than their loss on opening day. As of now if we beat Tennessee next week we are in the drivers seat regarding the AFC South. Texans lost today, lets see what the Jags do. Leonard may be back next week, that will be a huge boost.

If you’re being honest, we were as lucky as we were good.   KC was CLEARLY the better team.  Not even close.   They let us stay close and we scored at the end.  They should’ve put us away long before the last drive.  

Our OL is terrible.  We can’t pass block and now we can’t run block.   We can’t seem to pick up the blitz.  Frank still makes head scratching calls to make things even harder.   

We might win the South at 8-8-1.   And no divisional title will ever mean less.   I think I’d rather finish 10-6-1 and finish 2nd.   At least we’d have more wins to show for our work.  

We still have a loooonnng way to go to get better.  I’m very glad we won.   But if we don’t improve more, todays win won’t mean as much.   We were better, and I’m glad.   But we still have to improve a long way before my faith is restored.   

Jaguars are besting the chargers. 13-0. They’ve forced two turnovers on Herbert already in a little over a quarter. They may be the division leader in a few hours. 

but we couldn’t even score a single point against them.

Wish our defense would show up every single week like they did today!

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Jaguars are besting the chargers. 13-0. They’ve forced two turnovers on Herbert already in a little over a quarter. They may be the division leader in a few hours. 

but we couldn’t even score a single point against them.

Wish our defense would show up every single week like they did today!

Herbert is doing an Andrew Luck impression playing through that rib injury.

I'm not buying into the Jaguars yet

Just now, jbaron04 said:

I think we have to let benard play and go trial by fire pit Pryor at rg and we can manage on the oline , with Braden and Pryor on the right it might not be the best pass blocking but will be good run blocking 

LT was good today. 

Why mess it with it. 

If anything, bump Smith in, and play Dennis Kelly at RT. 

Ryan Kelly was bad today... so perhaps Pinter to C.... lol

Archived