Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you’re being honest, we were as lucky as we were good.   KC was CLEARLY the better team.  Not even close.   They let us stay close and we scored at the end.  They should’ve put us away long before the last drive.  

Our OL is terrible.  We can’t pass block and now we can’t run block.   We can’t seem to pick up the blitz.  Frank still makes head scratching calls to make things even harder.   

We might win the South at 8-8-1.   And no divisional title will ever mean less.   I think I’d rather finish 10-6-1 and finish 2nd.   At least we’d have more wins to show for our work.  

We still have a loooonnng way to go to get better.  I’m very glad we won.   But if we don’t improve more, todays win won’t mean as much.   We were better, and I’m glad.   But we still have to improve a long way before my faith is restored.   

I still think we can 10 games now, because before the season I had this as a loss and Jacks as a win. We tied the Texans so that was a wash. 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You just don’t call it which is what the officials ultimately did.  Honestly, other than the 2 point call, the officials got their calls right, including the ones that went against the Colts.  

This is an incorrect interpretation of the rules.  If they both committed a facemask, they should both be called.  You don’t get a free facemask if your facemask is also being grabbed.

I’m 100% confident these officials will get bad marks for that play in their review.  And it affected the game.  That should’ve been off-setting penalties, whether Mahomes was guilty of a facemask or not.

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Jaguars are besting the chargers. 13-0. They’ve forced two turnovers on Herbert already in a little over a quarter. They may be the division leader in a few hours. 

but we couldn’t even score a single point against them.

Wish our defense would show up every single week like they did today!

Herbert shouldn't be playing tbh.

36 minutes ago, Indeee said:

This was not a win. This was a really good Chiefs team beating themselves.

I posted this in another thread yesterday that we need to stop relying on good teams screwing up, so we get wins, and here we are again. Nailed it!!

14 points off Chiefs mistakes. Muff punt and Jones penalty. 

Again, through 3 weeks this team should have realistically only scored 9 points. That's it. Thanks to the Texans prevent D and the Chiefs mistakes we have now scored a meager 13 pts a game average.

I don't care if I get bashed here.

Unless this current team starts getting lambasted, nothing will change in Indianapolis. Year after year of terrible football, and possibly win division in the worst division in football.

How does this help? 

Everybody should send the Chiefs a big thank you card :sarcasm:

#notimpressed

Are you ever happy? I bet you’re so fun to be around.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you’re being honest, we were as lucky as we were good.   KC was CLEARLY the better team.  Not even close.   They let us stay close and we scored at the end.  They should’ve put us away long before the last drive.  

Our OL is terrible.  We can’t pass block and now we can’t run block.   We can’t seem to pick up the blitz.  Frank still makes head scratching calls to make things even harder.   

We might win the South at 8-8-1.   And no divisional title will ever mean less.   I think I’d rather finish 10-6-1 and finish 2nd.   At least we’d have more wins to show for our work.  

We still have a loooonnng way to go to get better.  I’m very glad we won.   But if we don’t improve more, todays win won’t mean as much.   We were better, and I’m glad.   But we still have to improve a long way before my faith is restored.   

Yeah, it feels like they lost more than we won. 

That said I feel we could go a long way to punish defenses for blitzing us or focusing on JT by calling more draws and PA. There’re just so many missed opportunities because of play calling. 

Jags haven’t wind yet but are up 13-0.

Just now, Solid84 said:

That said I feel we could go a long way to punish defenses for blitzing us or focusing on JT by calling more draws and PA. There’re just so many missed opportunities because of play calling. 

Both teams made terrible mistakes so that’s a wash.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

This is an incorrect interpretation of the rules.  If they both committed a facemask, they should both be called.  You don’t get a free facemask if your facemask is also being grabbed.

I’m 100% confident these officials will get bad marks for that play in their review.  And it affected the game.  That should’ve been off-setting penalties, whether Mahomes was guilty of a facemask or not.

No it’s not.  Officials don’t call things if no one gets an advantage.  If the officials called everything there would be a flag every play.  No one wants to see that so the officials let things go if no one is getting a significant advantage from it.  This happens every week in football at every level of football.  If you disagree go watch more football.  

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

LT was good today. 

Why mess it with it. 

If anything, bump Smith in, and play Dennis Kelly at RT. 

Ryan Kelly was bad today... so perhaps Pinter to C.... lol

I agree but I think to optimize the line we have to make them moves , can Dennis play guard or is he only a swing tackle? But anything to get rid of kelly and Pinter from they positions at this point lol 

1 minute ago, jbaron04 said:

I agree but I think to optimize the line we have to make them moves , can Dennis play guard or is he only a swing tackle? But anything to get rid of kelly and Pinter from they positions at this point lol 

I agree, changes needed. 

Strausser... doubt he'll do anything... 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think we can 10 games now, because before the season I had this as a loss and Jacks as a win. We tied the Texans so that was a wash. 

Ehhh not there yet. We need better line play big time. How was play calling today? I only saw one bad series

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No it’s not.  Officials don’t call things if no one gets an advantage.  If the officials called everything there would be a flag every play.  No one wants to see that so the officials let things go if no one is getting a significant advantage from it.  This happens every week in football at every level of football.  If you disagree go watch more football.  

A facemask call does not require the offending team to gain an advantage.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We just beat the 2nd best team according to power rankings and we were 32nd, lets all be sad and make excuses for KC homer simpson dancing GIF

By far the most are happy we won. Doesn’t mean the offense gets a free pass for that turd of a game. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And you think you’re being honest and not a fan…….      Okie-dokie…..

We’ll just agree to disagree…..

15 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

I think we have to let benard play and go trial by fire pit Pryor at rg and we can manage on the oline , with Braden and Pryor on the right it might not be the best pass blocking but will be good run blocking 

Yeah I dont know what the recipe is but Ive thought Raimann looked like the better option at LT so far. Im not sure why they havent went there yet, Im sure there is a rwason for it.

Honestly the way Braden Smith has played I wouldnt mind seeing

Raimann-Nelson- Kelly-Smith-Pryor

Just now, Solid84 said:

By far the most are happy we won. Doesn’t mean the offense gets a free pass for that turd of a game. 

I agree, I am not here to say I told you so to the extreme bashers. Had we lost though they would pile on me trying to defend our team. That is something you don't understand. Having said that our offense looked like a dumpster fire most of the game, I agree - see I see both sides of everything. Taylor had very little room to run and Ryan had like 1 or 2 seconds to throw the ball on at least 7 or 8 plays that I remember. 

To beat KC though is really huge and a season saver to be honest. I still think we could have lost this game and win the division but that would be cutting it close.

Just now, Goatface Killah said:

Yeah I dont know what the recipe is but Ive thought Raimann looked like the better option at LT so far. Im not sure why they havent went there yet, Im sure there is a rwason for it.

Honestly the way Braden Smith has played I wouldnt mind seeing

Raimann-Nelson- Kelly-Smith-Pryor

Watch Raimann snaps/vid

I expected a "fluky" game that would be in our favor..... I even posted.that in one of the threads that had a poll. I, along with @2006Coltsbestever felt pretty confident of.us winning AND.we both made.some.cash on it. Props to him for.that and trying.to hammer his belief in us winning, along with.Homer in many threads lol.

The win from.a.colts.fan perspective is of course great and was much needed for the.Fan Base. However, we didn't win today because we were better than the chiefs, or played better.. Just like we didn't lose to the jags/tie the Texans because we played bad. This is the NFL and the games are influenced by the Football Gods. Although Matt Ryan's fumbing is making the Football.Gods.work.harder haha.

It was a win.so be happy... I.have no idea at the moment who will win next weeks game vs the Titans..I'm leaning on the Colts winning BUT only the God's know for sure..:D

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Haters? A win like this irritates me more than ever. We gave up points to 2 teams that we should have won and win against an elite team. Very frustrating.

I am torn with the Jaguars. They look like a professional unit now. They seem to have a good floor in all their games now and that is the scary thing.

12 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Your first sentence sums it up for me.   They lost more than we won.   And I wouldn’t rule out that we will get better.  But we have to if we’re going to be taken seriously.    The level of performance we got today, as improved as it was, is not good enough for a 17 game season.   We need to get much, much better.   We just have to. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I guess after we beat Tennessee and the Jags we will have this same chat.

I really hope so, man. You and I had them pegged at 9 games and in one of my posts, I said we will come out of our bye week, win 4 in a row including at home vs the Chargers to finish the season 10-6-1 and the Jaguars finish 9-8 :thmup:

Archived