Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Sad for Pinter getting Bull rush like that, letting Ryan get cream by Clark of the Chiefs.  Pinter needs to back and workout some at the Gym strengthening his foot work.....Nevertheless defense step up and rookies showed their stuff, good team win. I'll admit, didn't think they had a chance, hope they keep this momentum and keep winning....

i would move pryor to right guard next week he is a big man and can bully guys

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Matt Ryan was MEH through 3 Qtrs but the dude played like Joe Montana on that final drive, 16 play drive and the lazer to win it with 24 seconds left. He is such a leader, I give the game ball to Matt. Anytime you can beat a QB like Mahomes, that is like winning against a Tom or Peyton. They kept showing Mahomes on the sideline everytime Matt would complete a pass, Mahomes knew what was coming. Matt wound that clock down too because he has respect for Mahomes. 1-1-1 is lovely about now, let me open up another Cigar, The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I have to give it to the defense and special teams.  Other than two fumbles by Ryan that gave KC great field position they pretty much held to KC to one field goal.  They also came up with the game ending INT and MaHomes first of the year.  They also broke KC’s second half TD streak out of the locker room by holding them to 3 which was huge because if KC goes up 21-10 there it’s a very different game.  Also, KC had some kicking issues which is why I include the Colts special teams because they came up big all day.  Great kickoff coverage making MaHomes go the length of the field, being ready for the fake field goal, Haack continues to be a weapon in punting, the fumble recovery, and two field goals including a 51 yarder.  

Take nothing away from Ryan.  I think once he’s comfortable in this offense and not having to think about things so much people are going to start to see why they wanted him over Wentz.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

That was a strange win.  W is a W. 

the atmosphere in 2nd half was weird at the stadium.  Then at the end I think Colts fans were stunned by the win lol.

I thought we’d match up better than we did v. JAX.

KC is definitely less dangerous without HIll.

Yes you did, hats off

As someone who is a KC fan and also a Colts fan...I am disappointed in Colts fans and how I was treated in a KC shirt. I was cussed at, someone got in my fave and everything. Mind you I kis paid for Colts tickets a little over a month ago and wore a Colts shirt and no one said anything. People need to do better, this is what's wrong with the world...it's sad. And it made for not such a great experience that's we spent a lot of money on. Great game tho. Happy the Colts finally got a win!!

Ive been pretty down on this team but im feeling more optimistic after today. If the defense and special teams can show up like that regularly, and if the offense starts to gel more as the weeks progress we could string together some wins. Thats a big "if" though.

KC certainly gifted us a few things, but there is no denying defense played lights out. Whats going on with the highest paid oline in the league? That was bad, very bad.

I was impressed by the defense and special teams today, they came to play. As far as the O line, I just don't know what to think about them. Are they just not gelling yet? Does Ryan not trust the O line? 

O line needs help definitely, something needs to be done.

I know it was an ugly win, but hey, a win is a win in my book.  LOL. Let's hope we can keep the momentum going next week.

I thought it was especially good to see both Pierce and Woods make some plays today. Hopefully their performances today will give them some more confidence and they can build off them. I know being rookies and day 2 picks that things are likely to be up and down for them a bit this year but I just hope they keep getting better. For the Colts to get additional production out of the passing game it's likely to come from the improvement of these two. A lot of guys are what they are but being rookies these guys have some bigger jumps they can make. (this year and beyond)

59 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ive been pretty down on this team but im feeling more optimistic after today. If the defense and special teams can show up like that regularly, and if the offense starts to gel more as the weeks progress we could string together some wins. Thats a big "if" though.

KC certainly gifted us a few things, but there is no denying defense played lights out. Whats going on with the highest paid oline in the league? That was bad, very bad.

Last week I thought we might be the worst team in nfl, today I feel we can win the SB. What the heck am I watching!!! ( I do love this though. )

1 hour ago, Nicole Koons said:

As someone who is a KC fan and also a Colts fan...I am disappointed in Colts fans and how I was treated in a KC shirt. I was cussed at, someone got in my fave and everything. Mind you I kis paid for Colts tickets a little over a month ago and wore a Colts shirt and no one said anything. People need to do better, this is what's wrong with the world...it's sad. And it made for not such a great experience that's we spent a lot of money on. Great game tho. Happy the Colts finally got a win!!

Sorry for the bad experience at the game, we are considered the most pleasant stadium in the NFL.  My advice is just watch the game on TV, that way you can avoid the upsetting interactions that sometimes happens between people with opposing views.  Have a good evening.

I haven't read this whole thread so maybe my thoughts have been discussed.

I thought the team played pretty well all around.   Defense stepped up as did the offense at the end of the game.  

Concerns:

I'm not too impressed with Ryan.  He's still good but not as good as I have hoped.   Hopefully he improves.

Please, Reich, give up the play calling.   Going for it, on 4th down, at midfield, early in the game, when you are up 7-0, is moronic.   The risk reward is heavy risk.  They got the win, so there won't be much focus on it, but that could have cost the Colts the win.   

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I haven't read this whole thread so maybe my thoughts have been discussed.

I thought the team played pretty well all around.   Defense stepped up as did the offense at the end of the game.  

Concerns:

I'm not too impressed with Ryan.  He's still good but not as good as I have hoped.   Hopefully he improves.

Please, Reich, give up the play calling.   Going for it, on 4th down, at midfield, early in the game, when you are up 7-0, is moronic.   The risk reward is heavy risk.  They got the win, so there won't be much focus on it, but that could have cost the Colts the win.   

I would like to see Matt call more audibles. At times he looks lost in our offense and Taylor has struggled which hasn't helped. Last year Taylor was Superman and made things easy for Wentz at times. Taylor was ok yesterday but not his dominant self.

8 hours ago, Nicole Koons said:

Meh welcome to the real world.  I’ve been to other places in different gear much worse than LOS.

if no one assaulted you or was really nasty, you should probably just shake it off.

we should play every team like we play kc, that was great coaching today.

we arent going to score 40 points a game and

we always play that gameplan very well. 

20-30 point game average, more our less giving turnovers.

and pitt can top off any defense by now. lots of good stuff.

its a great game plan. thats exactly what we do. stay focused, stay prepared

All it takes is one or 2 jerks to ruin an experience. I have been to around 50 games in my lifetime, 35 or so from 2002-2013 and have never seen anyone get into with an opposing fan. I was at the 2009 Pats at Colts game (4th and 2 game) and was around a group of Pats fans with my fellow Colts friends and we had a good time and had beers together, that was with Pats fans

That is unfortunate. I’m sorry you have a less than ideal experience. It shouldn’t be like that.

I gotta give it up to Gilmore. Whenever he was on Kelce, he made it difficult. 

Thomas at safety was actually really good. 

Pinter has no biz playing in this O-line. None. Strausser should be fired for not doing anything about it. Not to mention Smith has been really bad ever since he got paid. I hope it's due more than him trying to cover for Pinter.....Either way, super frustrating!

About time they started using Woods. 

Sky Moore gave this team 6 points. Thanks dude. 

Thanks to KC's kicker as well. 

Chandler Jones won this game for the Colts. Big ups to him 

As long as Frank is calling plays, this offense will have issues. The guy has zero feel for the game.

How many 3rd downs did KC blitz?? Every single time?? Why were no adjustments made? 

Ever since he's been here, this team CANNOT run screens. (nor defend them) He called 4-5 of them on 3rd and long, which he's done throughout his time here. WAY too predictable. 

Why is he allergic to slants?? 

Just use Hines as a slot WR already. 

Frank costs this team more points (4th down, my sheet says go for it DeR, dEr, DeR) than he helps them score. 

Pederson and Siaranni led teams don't have a problem scoring points.

Kenny Moore got waxed on that missed throw by Mahomes. 

Good job Yannick finally. 

Also, it was nice to see Mclaughlin scoring some points. Whew! 

3 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I gotta give it up to Gilmore. Whenever he was on Kelce, he made it difficult. 

Thomas at safety was actually really good. 

Pinter has no biz playing in this O-line. None. Strausser should be fired for not doing anything about it. Not to mention Smith has been really bad ever since he got paid. I hope it's due more than him trying to cover for Pinter.....Either way, super frustrating!

About time they started using Woods. 

Sky Moore gave this team 6 points. Thanks dude. 

Thanks to KC's kicker as well. 

Chandler Jones won this game for the Colts. Big ups to him 

As long as Frank is calling plays, this offense will have issues. The guy has zero feel for the game.

How many 3rd downs did KC blitz?? Every single time?? Why were no adjustments made? 

Ever since he's been here, this team CANNOT run screens. (nor defend them) He called 4-5 of them on 3rd and long, which he's done throughout his time here. WAY too predictable. 

Why is he allergic to slants?? 

Just use Hines as a slot WR already. 

Frank costs this team more points (4th down, my sheet says go for it DeR, dEr, DeR) than he helps them score. 

Pederson and Siaranni led teams don't have a problem scoring points.

Kenny Moore got waxed on that missed throw by Mahomes. 

Good job Yannick finally. 

Also, it was nice to see Mclaughlin scoring some points. Whew! 

I like our new FG kicker.

After three games, a few things jump out at me:

O-Line is atrocious which is causing Ryan to throw some suicide balls, speed up his progressions, pretty much makes everything look hurried on O.  

The playcalling of early runs so often allow opposing D's to stack the box early.  So our gains are minimal.  This allows them to tee up on our suspect o-line because they know the pass is coming. 

Our defense is built to play well against second reaction play quarterbacks.  Mahomes, Rodgers are guys we usually play well against.  They don't tend to pull the trigger immediately and like to extend plays in the pocket before throwing.  Generally, our D feasts on these type of QB's.  I can't believe Andy Reid didn't scheme up a quit hitting passing gameplan for us.  If he watched Mills and Lawrence, they had free completions every single snap if they got the ball out on a 2 step drop or under 2 seconds. 

This is why we struggle so much against pedestrian QB's and often make them look like pro-bowlers.  Our D' and the cushion that our corners play on a consistent basis is designed to gift the easy 5-7 yards and tighten up as the field gets shorter.  Problem is, most QB's are not greedy or talented enough to NOT take those yards- ala Mills and Lawrence- it's realistically the only thing they can accomplish.  Mahomes is so confident in his abilities to extend plays that it oddly masks a lot of our deficiencies on D. 

I will wait and see if we can adapt our D to a passer more along the lines of a Tannehill next week. I want to see if we can jam up the short and intermediate passing game and still get to the QB while doing it before I believe we are worth anything from a D scheme standpoint.

Overall a good team win, albeit one that came with a bit of luck.  I don't think Ryan will bring us a Superbowl (in fact we would be lucky to win a playoff game with him as our QB), but I think he will be a good bridge to develop our young receivers and potentially a young signal caller when we draft one (and we absolutely need to) in the spring. 

Archived