Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Jax is a pretty decent team put LAC is in a bad way personnel wise right now.  Lost probowl OT, all multiverse pass rusher, #1 pass catcher, and QB hurt.

I think JAX is in the mix for AFC South title though.  First one to 9 wins IMO.

I think 9 will win the division I agree, 8 could but that is pushing it. I want to see how our game vs Tennessee turns out. If Tennessee loses that they fall to 1-3.

I think the Jags win at least 8.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a fair enough post. Do people really feel like I am always positive or happy? I am not, I was very critical of our team after the Jaguars smoked us. So I get the frustration of some in here. That loss infuriated me. It is not about someone being critical of the team, it is the 10-15 posters that just pile on the team and never have anything positive to say or add to the site. I get jumped on for being positive in here after a win or saying Matt Ryan is good or clutch. That is strange imo being this is a Colts site. We just beat arguably the best team in football and you have people making excuses for the Chiefs to why they lost. I have people saying that I think Matt Ryan is the GOAT, I have never said that. I just root for the guy with positive energy and think he is good. He has had a hall of fame career. Wentz is 1-2 with his new team and people still bring him up. Wentz is ok but Matt Ryan is better. Some in here think I always defend Frank, that is completely false. I just think he should not be fired as of now. I want to see how the season plays out.

But see this is where what you say is kinda Goofy.  Ryan and Wentz have been about equal in QBR.  Overall they are about the same.  You thought Ryan was going to avoid sacks and TOs.  he hasn't.  You thought he would get the ball out quick.  He doesn't and never has.   That's all.

I didn't think it was bad to move on from Wentz, but I knew he wasn't the one making the OLINE look bad for instance.  The OLINE was just pretty bad and they still are. 

Look, I wasn't sitting in the Noodle Sunday morning talking about all the issues with this team.  This is the place to talk issues about the Colts IMO.  I like some of the exchanges with some of the fans.

You are a little extreme, bipolar CBE.  It's OK.  It's the the way you like to post.  No issue with it.  

But you be a little righteous at the same time.  You've made a ton of goofy predictions and then kinda freak out when reality hits. 

My impression of Ryan is he's sucked so far.  All numbers tell us that as does the entire game on Sunday except the last 4 minutes when he lead what amounted to a 50 yd. TD drive at the end.  That was great.  We were all walking out of the can with smiles.

But it doesn't mean he's been good. No one thinks he's been good.  He's been obviously not good.

It's OK.  Still love my wife and kids.  Still employed lol.

But right now our QB is playing poorly.  Nothing that happened on Sunday makes me personally feel any better about the team other than Blackmon's absence led to competent safety play.  Our Run D is solid.  If we can bend but not break like we did SUnday we will have chances to win. 

For instance this Sunday.  I have us slightly favored.  I thought we'd lose but be competitive v. KC.  They kinda gifted us with bad kicking and UC calls a chance to win and we won,

That is kinda reality to me CBE.  When it comes to Colt Fandom. 

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

But see this is where what you say is kinda Goofy.  Ryan and Wentz have been about equal in QBR.  Overall they are about the same.  You thought Ryan was going to avoid sacks and TOs.  he hasn't.  You thought he would get the ball out quick.  He doesn't and never has.   That's all.

I didn't think it was bad to move on from Wentz, but I knew he wasn't the one making the OLINE look bad for instance.  The OLINE was just pretty bad and they still are. 

Look, I wasn't sitting in the Noodle Sunday morning talking about all the issues with this team.  This is the place to talk issues about the Colts IMO.  I like some of the exchanges with some of the fans.

You are a little extreme, bipolar CBE.  It's OK.  It's the the way you like to post.  No issue with it.  

But you be a little righteous at the same time.  You've made a ton of goofy predictions and then kinda freak out when reality hits. 

My impression of Ryan is he's sucked so far.  All numbers tell us that as does the entire game on Sunday except the last 4 minutes when he lead what amounted to a 50 yd. TD drive at the end.  That was great.  We were all walking out of the can with smiles.

But it doesn't mean he's been good. No one thinks he's been good.  He's been obviously not good.

But right now our QB is playing poorly.  Nothing that happened on Sunday makes me personally feel any better about the team other than Blackmon's absence led to competent safety play.  Our Run D is solid.  If we can bend but not break like we did SUnday we will have chances to win. 

For instance this Sunday.  I have us slightly favored.  I thought we'd lose but be competitive v. KC.  They kinda gifted us with bad kicking and UC calls a chance to win and we won,

High School Reaction GIF-Bi-polar is a new one. I have heard it all now. Cute.

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I dont agree with your take on Ryan. 

Wentz lost us multiple games last year with critical turnovers at critical times that he couldnt overcome. 

Ryan has already bailed us out of 2 losses in 3 games, despite having more than his share of mistakes. The tie isnt ideal but it very well could win us the division if we are in a tie at the end of the season and could prove to be very important. He has played well when it mattered, in close games. Jacksonville aside.

I think Matt Ryan has shown exactly what we predicted he would, even if he hasnt performed as well as we thought he would. 

If we can protect him he will take us to the next level and make us a dangerous playoff team. I truly believe that.

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

Wentz lost us multiple games last year with critical turnovers at critical times that he couldnt overcome. 

Ryan has already bailed us out of 2 losses in 3 games, despite having more than his share of mistakes. The tie isnt ideal but it very well could win us the division if we are in a tie at the end of the season and could prove to be very important. He has played well when it mattered, in close games. Jacksonville aside.

I think Matt Ryan has shown exactly what we predicted he would, even if he hasnt performed as well as we thought he would. 

If we can protect him he will take us to the next level and make us a dangerous playoff team. I truly believe that.

I agree, If we had Wentz we would be 0-3 IMO. With Matt we are 1-1-1 and he did bail us out twice, our defense and SP Teams was huge on Sunday but without that final drive we don't win. Wentz probably throws a pick on that final drive and I am not even a Wentz hater but he did it last year at crucial times. Wentz beat the Jags on opening day but the Jags gave that game away and learned from it, if Wentz was our QB in week 2 at Jacks the same result would have happened. His performance against the Eagles was the worst of any QB all year. To me the Jags are much better this year, I think they will win 8 games, maybe 9. 8 is the probability because I think they lose this week at Philly.

5 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I think the difference in Ryan and Wentz can be summed up in the last play before the field goal vs the Texans.  Reich called a bootleg thinking they’d catch the Texans selling out on Taylor.  To the Texans credit they were ready for it so Ryan just went down rather than make that play worse.  How many times last year did we see Wentz try to do way too much on a busted play last year and end up making a bad play worse with a turnover?  Now the cruel part of football is that Hot Rod missed the kick on the next play anyways.  Still those are the little things Ryan gives you that Wentz doesn’t.  

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

High School Reaction GIF-Bi-polar is a new one. I have heard it all now. Cute.

You go from Wentz and the Colts are the greatest to ever to Wentz is total trash and the worst QB ever but the Colts are still great because Ryan is one of the greatest ever, but then if it doesn't work out you will be like Ryan sucks but the line is still the greatest because we have a great LG, etc. etc. 

But year after disappointing year you always go back to sad sack about the team .

It's a flawed team with what seems to me a flawed plan and talent in the wrong areas that is keeping us in a persistent state of mediocrity IMO.  Not here to make you feel good about yourself if feeling good about yourself includes false positivity about this team lol.

Look.  Remaining skeptical.  KC win great.  Probably not a sustainable blueprint for victories.  

When I see different evidence I will change my mind as my signature would suggest is my practice.

Relax CBE. You don't have to reply to everyone on every post.  It seems you think you do.  it's not required buddy. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think the difference in Ryan and Wentz can be summed up in the last play before the field goal vs the Texans.  Reich called a bootleg thinking they’d catch the Texans selling out on Taylor.  To the Texans credit they were ready for it so Ryan just went down rather than make that play worse.  How many times last year did we see Wentz try to do way too much on a busted play last year and end up making a bad play worse with a turnover?  Now the cruel part of football is that Hot Rod missed the kick on the next play anyways.  Still those are the little things Ryan gives you that Wentz doesn’t.  

Right. 

Thing is Ryan has made some silly mistakes that seem uncharacteristic for him. For Wentz that is very characteristic.

So I have to believe Ryan will clear that up as the year goes on.

9 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Right. 

Thing is Ryan has made some silly mistakes that seem uncharacteristic for him. For Wentz that is very characteristic.

I agree.

Ryan will clean up the fumbles.

The first fumble in the chiefs game I don't even blame him.  That was a complete jailbreak on the oline and Ryan took a brutal hit fumbling the ball.

The second fumble is definitely on Ryan.

But if Pierce caught the TD pass or Hot Rod hits the FG against Houston, we could easily be 2-1.

Ryan is performing as well as can be expected behind this horrid oline.

Lets be honest here.  This oline wasn't this bad last year with Wentz.  Fisher was at least a serviceable LT.

How many times did Romo break down all the miscommunication with the Oline.

This is where Frank earns his paycheck.  He has to fix it.  Frank is ultimately responsible, not the Oline coach.

22 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Right. 

Agreed.  I think everything is a byproduct of Ryan still learning the new offense. Romo did a masterful job of highlighting that Sunday.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

You go from Wentz and the Colts are the greatest to ever to Wentz is total trash and the worst QB ever but the Colts are still great because Ryan is one of the greatest ever, but then if it doesn't work out you will be like Ryan sucks but the line is still the greatest because we have a great LG, etc. etc. 

But year after disappointing year you always go back to sad sack about the team .

It's a flawed team with what seems to me a flawed plan and talent in the wrong areas that is keeping us in a persistent state of mediocrity IMO.  Not here to make you feel good about yourself if feeling good about yourself includes false positivity about this team lol.

Look.  Remaining skeptical.  KC win great.  Probably not a sustainable blueprint for victories.  

When I see different evidence I will change my mind as my signature would suggest is my practice.

Relax CBE. You don't have to reply to everyone on every post.  It seems you think you do.  it's not required buddy. 

Generally, as much as we are getting a new QB (every year), we are talking ourselves into believing they are good. That's just part of being a fan. I believe you should adapt and admit when something isn't working as a fan, but I won't blame someone if they want to give a year to a QB that has been good historically. 

If anything, it's that the team is being built wrong. There's fresh hope at the beginning of every new year though until it wears off.

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Generally, as much as we are getting a new QB (every year), we are talking ourselves into believing they are good. That's just part of being a fan. I believe you should adapt and admit when something isn't working as a fan, but I won't blame someone if they want to give a year to a QB that has been good historically. 

If anything, it's that the team is being built wrong. There's fresh hope at the beginning of every new year though until it wears off.

I will be with this team too the grave. Just tired of the not having what it takes to win division and making playoffs anymore.

I blame it on owner the most, then GM, then coach. 

I can't stand the play calls but isn't Franks record better than Ballard? I'm not sure but both of them together is not the Colts answer.

I don't blame Wentz for last season and I won't blame Ryan for a bad season. 

The problem is above their positions....

Is it false positivity though? I get where he is coming from because he was quite literally just about the only person on this forum who thought we might actually beat the Chiefs - and we did.

Doesnt matter if it was an ugly win, or a stomping of them, a win is a win... And even if it was an ugly win and we got a bit lucky, that is a hell of a lot better than people predicted we were going to play them. Hell i was one of the people saying that we didnt have a hope in hell and that it wouldnt even be close.

We can get too bogged down in our viewpoints after a salty loss sometimes. The sky isnt always falling and this team can pull it together. If Ryan and the Oline sort out the protections and commnunications over the coming weeks. This offense will actually start flying.

13 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Same about CBE.  I was not being personal with the word "bipolar".  That was the misunderstanding.  I was using it generically, not as a psychiatric diagnosis.  

I hate false positivity worse than negativity and think that it's a greater force of evil in the multiverse lol. 

3 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Is it false positivity though? I get where he is coming from because he was quite literally just about the only person on this forum who thought we might actually beat the Chiefs - and we did.

Doesnt matter if it was an ugly win, or a stomping of them, a win is a win... And even if it was an ugly win and we got a bit lucky, that is a hell of a lot better than people predicted we were going to play them. Hell i was one of the people saying that we didnt have a hope in hell and that it wouldnt even be close.

We can get too bogged down in our viewpoints after a salty loss sometimes. The sky isnt always falling and this team can pull it together. If Ryan and the Oline sort out the protections and commnunications over the coming weeks. This offense will actually start flying.

No I don't think being happy about the win is false posivity.  Just funnin. 

No sky has ever fallen for me in sports since the Cubs blew it v. the Marlins in 03.  I couldn't watch TV for a month, and realized that was a bit of an over reaction.  Got married and started a family shortly after than too. lol. 

My wife said, "It's the Cubs.  What did you expect?"

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

No I don't think being happy about the win is false posivity.  Just funnin. 

No sky has ever fallen for me in sports since the Cubs blew it v. the Marlins in 03.  I couldn't watch TV for a month, and realized that was a bit of an over reaction.  Got married and started a family shortly after than too. lol. 

My wife said, "It's the Cubs.  What did you expect?"

You only had to wait 13 years or so for that one to sting a bit less, lol.

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

Isnt that the truth.

We have actually gotten off to a much better start than last year record wise and the people who are so down on the team dont seem to notice that at all. So I dont think they are keeping things in perspective.

Record wise, we are absolutely better off than we were last year, despite making a lot of changes, so we are in good position to finish better than we were last year as well.

41 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Man if we'd have blown that Game 7 though, it would have been tough to maintain control, lol.   Looked like it was headed to same ole stinkin Cubs lol. 

I am a gigantic Cubs fan, had we lost that Game 7 that would've been bad. That was a great team, glad we won. That team ended the 108 yr jinx. = MVP- Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Jake, Lester, Hendricks, and Chap! Great memories. That team was actually rated the 7th best team of all-time in MLB history since integration took place in 1947. When we won that WS I partied for a week. :thmup:

11 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Isnt that the truth.

We have actually gotten off to a much better start than last year record wise and the people who are so down on the team dont seem to notice that at all. So I dont think they are keeping things in perspective.

Record wise, we are absolutely better off than we were last year, despite making a lot of changes, so we are in good position to finish better than we were last year as well.

Are we really off to a better start though?  Sure, the record is better.   Last year in the 1st 3 games, we lost the eventual SB champs and the AFC home field advantage winners in the 1st 3.  We averaged 20 ppg and were competitive in each game.   

Last season our entire offensive line was either out or significantly injured.  We know we would struggle going in with that restriction, and then get better there.  This season there are 0 reported injuries on a line that is playing exceeding poorly.   Is our OLINE going to get significantly better this year? Remains to be seen.

These next two weeks are big for us with division opponents.  I think if we can go 1-1 at least, we should be in good shape to win the South.  I struggle to find more than 10 wins though in the rest of our schedule the way we look.  So I am still on the fence as to whether we've improved from last year or not. 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am a gigantic Cubs fan, had we lost that Game 7 that would've been bad. That was a great team, glad we won. That team ended the 108 yr jinx. = MVP- Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Jake, Lester, Hendricks, and Chap! Great memories. That team was actually rated the 7th best team of all-time in MLB history since integration took place in 1947. When we won that WS I partied for a week. :thmup:

When Montero hit that HR v. LAD, we were over at my Mom's with my brother, wife and kids, another friend.  Mike and I jumped up on contact then got such head rushes we almost passed out lol. 

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

When Montero hit that HR v. LAD, we were over at my Mom's with my brother, wife and kids, another friend.  Mike and I jumped up on contact then got such head rushes we almost passed out lol. 

Yeah I was running around the room yelling haha . That was a good memory as well. Chapman shutting down Cleveland in Game 5 was a masterpiece, once we got it to down 3-2 I felt we had a chance. I have to give Cleveland credit, they were really good. Dodgers were loaded so when we took them out I thought we had it, but Cleveland was smoking us through 4 games.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was running around the room yelling haha . That was a good memory as well. Chapman shutting down Cleveland in Game 5 was a masterpiece, once we got it to down 3-2 I felt we had a chance. I have to give Cleveland credit, they were really good. Dodgers were loaded so when we took them out I thought we had it, but Cleveland was smoking us through 4 games.

Oh the wheels were falling off for me when Madden took down the professor when he was dealing a gem.

I WAS NOT a fan of Joe Madden.  He almost screwed it all up.  

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Oh the wheels were falling off for me when Madden took down the professor when he was dealing a gem.

I WAS NOT a fan of Joe Madden.  He almost screwed it all up.  

I liked Madden but I agree - he tried to over manage at times. The Professor should have been kept in, then when Chapman gave up that HR I almost croaked. Probably the best Game 7 I have ever watched. After we won I was in tears and celebrated all night long.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I liked Madden but I agree - he tried to over manage at times. The Professor should have been kept in, then when Chapman gave up that HR I almost croaked. Probably the best Game 7 I have ever watched. After we won I was in tears and celebrated all night long.

it was awesome.  

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

it was awesome.  

Indeed, priceless. I have been a Cubs fan since 1984, same for the Colts. So I waited 32 years for that. 2003 collapse sucked a big bag of eggs because we had the better team and still lost. Prior and Wood were a dynamic duo and Sosa was a monster and we lost to those guys.

Sorry guys for getting off topic but this thread has ran its course anyway.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Are we really off to a better start though?  Sure, the record is better.   Last year in the 1st 3 games, we lost the eventual SB champs and the AFC home field advantage winners in the 1st 3.  We averaged 20 ppg and were competitive in each game.   

Last season our entire offensive line was either out or significantly injured.  We know we would struggle going in with that restriction, and then get better there.  This season there are 0 reported injuries on a line that is playing exceeding poorly.   Is our OLINE going to get significantly better this year? Remains to be seen.

These next two weeks are big for us with division opponents.  I think if we can go 1-1 at least, we should be in good shape to win the South.  I struggle to find more than 10 wins though in the rest of our schedule the way we look.  So I am still on the fence as to whether we've improved from last year or not. 

Yes, the record is better. Thats my only point.

There is absolutely uncertainty on the OL, but it just hasnt resulted in the same poor start. And we have 2 new starters on this line, which has affected continuity. So, I do think they will improve quite a bit as the year goes on. 

The tie feels more like a loss to us fans. But in reality its much more like a win because lets say we finish with the same record as Jacksonville at the end of the year, that tie gives us a division title and is just as good as a win in that scenario. Same goes for playoff positioning. 

I think we have a good chance to go 2-0 over the next 2 weeks because I think we match-up really well with both teams and we could be sitting with 1 loss 5 games into the season with a huge game against Jacksonville , at home. 

So let me ask you this, if thats the scenario we see ourselves in in 2 weeks, will your outlook on the team change?

2 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Yes, the record is better. Thats my only point.

There is absolutely uncertainty on the OL, but it just hasnt resulted in the same poor start. And we have 2 new starters on this line, which has affected continuity. So, I do think they will improve quite a bit as the year goes on. 

The tie feels more like a loss to us fans. But in reality its much more like a win because lets say we finish with the same record as Jacksonville at the end of the year, that tie gives us a division title and is just as good as a win in that scenario. Same goes for playoff positioning. 

I think we have a good chance to go 2-0 over the next 2 weeks because I think we match-up really well with both teams and we could be sitting with 1 loss 5 games into the season with a huge game against Jacksonville , at home. 

So let me ask you this, if thats the scenario we see ourselves in in 2 weeks, will your outlook on the team change?

If we win the next two?  Well most likely it will change as in I will see us as the favorite then to win the South.  So for this season's chances to make the playoffs yes.  Right now, I see this team as a bloated, mediocre FB team.  I see our long term prospects as bleak.  For this season I think we are in a battle with TN and JAX.  TN doesn't look that good, and Jax is probably not ready for the main stage yet. 

I want to see our win v. KC as something other than flukish which it appeared to be.

We have a very very good run D so I do think defensively we match up with TN well.

I am not seeing a good match up v. Jax though.  The beat the dog feces out of us the last 5 halves.  

We beat TN this week, I think we are right there to make a run at the South.   We win both, then we are in the drivers' seat.

But to me we'd still be treading water as an org in we sneak into the post with 8 or 9 wins.  Mediocre team, mediocre draft position.

There are a lot of good QBs in next year's draft though.  If we could hit there, things would look a lot better for my long term pic.

So we win the next two would I fell better?  Short term this year yes.  Long term no. 

Archived