Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

36 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Too quick to throw in towel? It's been 6 years of this junk. 6 years. Same story different players. 

Your last paragraph is the same thing that is said year after year. Just give it time so they will gel, blah, blah, blah. Pffft. 

This offense after 3 games is dead last in the NFL. Dead Last. After 6 years, this team should at least be extremely close to seriously competing and it is NOT!! An offense that, other than the Ryan, Pierce and Woods, were completely overlooked this off-season and Ryan has been god-awful. Call me crazy but I was one who told you he was washed up, but why listen to me?

I want this team to lose so these bozos, i.e. Reich and Ballard are sent packing, and we can get a legitimate front office with an actual plan, and I also want a legitimate opportunity to grab a potential franchise QB in 2023 so we don't have to be hamstrung to washed up Ryan next year.

If this team somehow makes the playoffs because of being in a terrible division, how does that help the future of this team where you have a coach who is more suitable as a coordinator and a GM who is so arrogant and cheap that he consistently puts this team in a crippling situation year after year? 

Other than YOU and @2006Coltsbestever and whatever other old guys who want to always just brow beat those of us who really know what bad football looks and smells like, and for yawl being able to cheer lead some victories, what's the end game here?

Because it certainly isn't a Super Bowl. 

Didnt you want Baker Mayfield? He is currently completing 52% of his passes.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

#1 - we didn't lose to the Texans, we tied = big difference. #2 - The Jags are not a bottom 5 team this year, I have them as a top 15 (around 15) team at the moment after just dismantling the Chargers at LA. Jags may win 8 or 9 games if they keep up what they are doing.

LMAO... figuring way to spin things....

Houston sucks. We did not W... call it whatever you want.

Ride the shiny toy (Jax) if you want. Herbert was clearly "off" and should not being playing. If anything, just shows how much Pederson is better Frank... LAC is single barreled (Herbert), so not shocking they lost. 

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

Too quick to throw in towel? It's been 6 years of this junk. 6 years. Same story different players. 

Your last paragraph is the same thing that is said year after year. Just give it time so they will gel, blah, blah, blah. Pffft. 

This offense after 3 games is dead last in the NFL. Dead Last. After 6 years, this team should at least be extremely close to seriously competing and it is NOT!! An offense that, other than the Ryan, Pierce and Woods, were completely overlooked this off-season and Ryan has been god-awful. Call me crazy but I was one who told you he was washed up, but why listen to me?

I want this team to lose so these bozos, i.e. Reich and Ballard are sent packing, and we can get a legitimate front office with an actual plan, and I also want a legitimate opportunity to grab a potential franchise QB in 2023 so we don't have to be hamstrung to washed up Ryan next year.

If this team somehow makes the playoffs because of being in a terrible division, how does that help the future of this team where you have a coach who is more suitable as a coordinator and a GM who is so arrogant and cheap that he consistently puts this team in a crippling situation year after year? 

Other than YOU and @2006Coltsbestever and whatever other old guys who want to always just brow beat those of us who really know what bad football looks and smells like, and for yawl being able to cheer lead some victories, what's the end game here?

Because it certainly isn't a Super Bowl. 

Truthful post.

But if & when this regime is replaced, do you really think their replacements will turn this organization around?? :thinking:

11 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Truthful post.

But if & when this regime is replaced, do you really think their replacements will turn this organization around?? :thinking:

I hope so. At least have a direction that mirrors the current NFL landscape. 

I'm seriously shocked that Ballard has primarily built the team this way. We have zero speed on offense as compared with other teams as one example.  In a league that is all gunning for speed at the skill positions. It's why there isn't a lot of separation in the routes and the two, Campbell and Hines, that have a little speed aren't utilized properly by the coaches. 

I mean Nick leaves and within 2 years the Eagles are legit SB contenders. Reich after 5 years has the Colts just trying to stay relevant in the worst division in football. 

It's just... Yea, it's just...:loco:

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Ride the shiny toy (Jax) if you want. Herbert was clearly "off" and should not being playing. If anything, just shows how much Pederson is better Frank... LAC is single barreled (Herbert), so not shocking they lost. 

Not really, you said that the Jaguars were a bottom 5 team, that is way wrong. They are 13th in the ESPN power rankings. You said we lost to the Texans, we tied which isn't a loss. How am I spinning things?

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really, you said that the Jaguars were a bottom 5 team, that is way wrong. They are 13th in the ESPN power rankings. You said we lost to the Texans, we tied which isn't a loss. How am I spinning things?

There were a bottom 2ish to start the season... 

They lost to Wentz... and a bad WA team.

They beat a bad team, Indy, who let their QB set a new career high again (now twice). Totally out coached. 

They beat a highly ranked team, with a QB broken ribs lol... who only goes as a far as QB takes them.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean calling things what they factually are that’s a real spin job by you lol.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean calling things what they factually are that’s a real spin job by you lol.

I know you can state facts in here to someone and they still don't think they are wrong. It was his words in his initial post so I was clearly pointing out he is wrong. Jags coming into the season were ranked low because it was based off last year. Everyone knows they are much better this year that watches them play. They could even easily be 3-0, they gave away the game vs Washington. They are not a bottom 5 team, not even close. Also since when is a tie, a loss. Then I have people in here saying I have said Matt Ryan is the GOAT, where the hell they getting that from? Another poster said Matt was my son, that was cute. Another poster was even mad that we won. I feel like being in here sometimes is like being in the movie of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest lmao.

Bottom line is I root for my team to win and happy when they do so. I am critical of the team when we lose. Go back and look at some of my posts after we lost to the Jags. I said we stunk up the joint, said Matt stunk. By the way I have Matt Ryan rated as like the 25th best QB of all-time, and I think he is good. Saying someone is good is hardly saying the guy is the GOAT, trolls are ruining this site. If someone doesn't like our team, coaches, management then why watch? Go root for someone else if it that bad for you.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bottom line is I root for my team to win and happy when they do so. I am critical of the team when we lose. Go back and look at some of my posts after we lost to the Jags. I said we stunk up the joint, said Matt stunk. By the way I have Matt Ryan rated as like the 25th best QB of all-time, and I think he is good. Saying someone is good is hardly saying the guy is the GOAT, trolls are ruining this site. If someone doesn't like our team, coaches, management then why watch? Go root for someone else if it that bad for you.

Generally, people are trashed for being bandwagon fans. Whether it be by friends, family, or other sports fans, it's something that's highly discouraged. A lot of people also get trashed for being negative. Most casual fans are generally also positive fans, so they don't like negativity. They just want to enjoy the game without it getting nitpicked and analyzed and be in their own bubble. 

I consider this forum to be highly intelligent, and mostly because the majority of people are realists. There are some extremes where people are only positive or only negative, but most are realists where they are willing to see both sides of things, and that's the healthiest viewpoint IMO.

I think most of the complainers are just losing patience. I'm in that area as well. I try not to ruin it for others, but we've seen this coach and GM for a decent sample size now, and they are unwilling to change their philosophy. If they lose, they'll go down stubbornly.

I've been a Colts fan since 1998 when I was 10. I wouldn't trade my memories from 1998-2014 for anything. The only other good year after that IMO was 2018, because at that point we thought Luck was going to be our franchise QB with a new GM and QB that knew what they were doing. Even 2020 was bittersweet as we knew Rivers was only playing for us 1 or 2 years, so once we lost to the BIlls in the playoffs, we were already wondering about the QB situation and if he would stay another year.

IMO, the worst thing about the last 4 years (besides losing Luck) has been not drafting a franchise QB and seeing the AFC just become loaded with them. We've fallen so far behind, and Ballard is so naive to the fact that we literally have no chance with the band-aid QB strategy (especially without signing or trading for an elite WR) that we are literally screwed until he gets fired, or Irsay realizes this and steps in and tells Ballard to draft a QB early. We also don't have a good enough coach to overcome the flaw of this team (elite players at non-premium positions).

I love this team, but it's very difficult to have faith when you kind of have the cheat code to how things will most likely turn out. It's not baseball where a team wins it every year and there's no one position that wins the game. We know that an elite QB wins championships most of the time, we know we only have 1 solid WR, no good LT, no solid EDGE rushers, and probably no elite CBs. That's the stuff that's important.

Just explaining my personal viewpoint of the current Colts situation, and how others might similarly feel.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Generally, people are trashed for being bandwagon fans. Whether it be by friends, family, or other sports fans, it's something that's highly discouraged. A lot of people also get trashed for being negative. Most casual fans are generally also positive fans, so they don't like negativity. They just want to enjoy the game without it getting nitpicked and analyzed and be in their own bubble. 

I consider this forum to be highly intelligent, and mostly because the majority of people are realists. There are some extremes where people are only positive or only negative, but most are realists where they are willing to see both sides of things, and that's the healthiest viewpoint IMO.

I think most of the complainers are just losing patience. I'm in that area as well. I try not to ruin it for others, but we've seen this coach and GM for a decent sample size now, and they are unwilling to change their philosophy. If they lose, they'll go down stubbornly.

I've been a Colts fan since 1998 when I was 10. I wouldn't trade my memories from 1998-2014 for anything. The only other good year after that IMO was 2018, because at that point we thought Luck was going to be our franchise QB with a new GM and QB that knew what they were doing. Even 2020 was bittersweet as we knew Rivers was only playing for us 1 or 2 years, so once we lost to the BIlls in the playoffs, we were already wondering about the QB situation and if he would stay another year.

IMO, the worst thing about the last 4 years (besides losing Luck) has been not drafting a franchise QB and seeing the AFC just become loaded with them. We've fallen so far behind, and Ballard is so naive to the fact that we literally have no chance with the band-aid QB strategy (especially without signing or trading for an elite WR) that we are literally screwed until he gets fired, or Irsay realizes this and steps in and tells Ballard to draft a QB early. We also don't have a good enough coach to overcome the flaw of this team (elite players at non-premium positions).

I love this team, but it's very difficult to have faith when you kind of have the cheat code to how things will most likely turn out. It's not baseball where a team wins it every year and there's no one position that wins the game. We know that an elite QB wins championships most of the time, we know we only have 1 solid WR, no good LT, no solid EDGE rushers, and probably no elite CBs. That's the stuff that's important.

Just explaining my personal viewpoint of the current Colts situation, and how others might similarly feel.

That is a fair enough post. Do people really feel like I am always positive or happy? I am not, I was very critical of our team after the Jaguars smoked us. So I get the frustration of some in here. That loss infuriated me. It is not about someone being critical of the team, it is the 10-15 posters that just pile on the team and never have anything positive to say or add to the site. I get jumped on for being positive in here after a win or saying Matt Ryan is good or clutch. That is strange imo being this is a Colts site. We just beat arguably the best team in football and you have people making excuses for the Chiefs to why they lost. I have people saying that I think Matt Ryan is the GOAT, I have never said that. I just root for the guy with positive energy and think he is good. He has had a hall of fame career. Wentz is 1-2 with his new team and people still bring him up. Wentz is ok but Matt Ryan is better. Some in here think I always defend Frank, that is completely false. I just think he should not be fired as of now. I want to see how the season plays out.

To the bolded. 

Here’s the problem - you think liking our team has to equate to liking our FO and coaches and it most definitely does not. 

Reich and Ballard has kept us irrelevant all their time here and now we are being over taken by the Jags as we’ve already been by the Titans. 

The average time a GM has with a team is 6 years. That’s because after 6 years it’s ok to expect more than the same year after year. After 6 years it’s ok for the Colts to expect more than average. 

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

To the bolded. 

Here’s the problem - you think liking our team has to equate to liking our FO and coaches and it most definitely does not. 

Reich and Ballard has kept us irrelevant all their time here and now we are being over taken by the Jags as we’ve already been by the Titans. 

The average time a GM has with a team is 6 years. That’s because after 6 years it’s ok to expect more than the same year after year. After 6 years it’s ok for the Colts to expect more than average. 

I really don't, I just feel like why watch if one can't stand the makeup of the team and it is going to make people complain every week.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a fair enough post. Do people really feel like I am always positive or happy? I am not, I was very critical of our team after the Jaguars smoked us. So I get the frustration of some in here. That loss infuriated me. It is not about someone being critical of the team, it is the 10-15 posters that just pile on the team and never have anything positive to say or add to the site. I get jumped on for being positive in here after a win or saying Matt Ryan is good or clutch. That is strange imo being this is a Colts site. We just beat arguably the best team in football and you have people making excuses for the Chiefs to why they lost. I have people saying that I think Matt Ryan is the GOAT, I have never said that. I just root for the guy with positive energy and think he is good. He has had a hall of fame career. Wentz is 1-2 with his new team and people still bring him up. Wentz is ok but Matt Ryan is better. Some in here think I always defend Frank, that is completely false. I just think he should not be fired as of now. I want to see how the season plays out.

There is a decent amount of people who believe you are always positive. You are somewhere in the middle IMO, probably slightly more positive than negative, where i'm the opposite, slightly more negative than positive, but still somewhat neutral as well. You are fair with your viewpoints and shouldn't be attacked for them. 

I think Reich played like he was backed into a corner, and people tend to do their job better when they're uncomfortable. I'm sure the Jags loss did that to him from Irsay. He coached his best, and it was just enough. Let's see if he does that every game.

I disagree on Matt Ryan being better than Wentz. Though I believe Reich has a negative effect on QBs, so it may be more of a Reich thing than Wentz leaving Indy and looking decent. 

Generally, people are frustrated right now. I know you are in the right for the most part, but we want results, and talk is cheap at this point from Ballard and Reich. We need to win vs Tenn this week.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't, I just feel like why watch if one can't stand the makeup of the team and it is going to make people complain every week.

Because we’re fans of the team?! We’re not band wagoners. We’re here to cheer for our guys, win or lose. Doesn’t mean we have to be all happy ga-ga about losing. And like I said - after 6 years it’s ok to expect more than what we’re getting. 

Reich makes the same mistakes over and over and over. He shoehorns players into his scheme instead of changing his scheme to fit his players. He’s is never getting us to a SB. 

Ballard is a good talent evaluater, mostly. But he doesn’t understand the current NFL and doesn’t know how to build a modern NFL team because of it. He’s not going to make this team a consistent competitor let alone a SB team. 

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Because we’re fans of the team?! We’re not band wagoners. We’re here to cheer for our guys, win or lose. Doesn’t mean we have to be all happy ga-ga about losing. And like I said - after 6 years it’s ok to expect more than what we’re getting. 

Reich makes the same mistakes over and over and over. He shoehorns players into his scheme instead of changing his scheme to fit his players. He’s is never getting us to a SB. 

Ballard is a good talent evaluater, mostly. But he doesn’t understand the current NFL and doesn’t know how to build a modern NFL team because of it. He’s not going to make this team a consistent competitor let alone a SB team. 

I get being a fan of the team but to me the complaining can go overboard in here at times. We no doubt have trolls in here, even the Mods agree with me. You asked me the other day why would I laugh at posters if we beat KC? Why would a fan pick KC to win 70-0 and say we had no chance is the better question. That prediction thread was overwhelming. Maybe that was me saying I told people so for a change because people were trashing us all week. How can you not see that side of it? By the way I took it easy on most people in here, it could have been worse. I picked us to win and many in here thought I was crazy, and I could picture them laughing. See my side of it for once.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get being a fan of the team but to me the complaining can go overboard in here at times. We no doubt have trolls in here, even the Mods agree with me. You asked me the other day why would I laugh at posters if we beat KC? Why would a fan pick KC to win 70-0 and say we had no chance is the better question. That prediction thread was overwhelming. Maybe that was me saying I told people so for a change because people were trashing us all week. How can you not see that side of it? By the way I took it easy on most people in here, it could have been worse. I picked us to win and many in here thought I was crazy, and I could picture them laughing. See my side of it for once.

Well you were saying we would win 99-0…. Just for fun?

@danlhart87 makes those prediction threads right after the previous game has ended knowing full well he’ll get a lot of emotional nonsense from people.

We just had our * handed to us by the Jags and you expect people to predict a win against the Chiefs or even be reasonable?! We were TRASH against the Jags, how can you not expect that kind of reaction from fans?! Show me any fan base who would act any different after that kind of game (hint: there is none!).
  Put it in context man and stop taking peoples takes on the team so personal. 

56 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

@danlhart87 makes those prediction threads right after the previous game has ended knowing full well he’ll get a lot of emotional nonsense from people.

We just had our * handed to us by the Jags and you expect people to predict a win against the Chiefs or even be reasonable?! We were TRASH against the Jags, how can you not expect that kind of reaction from fans?! Show me any fan base who would act any different after that kind of game (hint: there is none!).

I said 99-0 Colts on purpose after reading how bad we were getting trashed by almost everyone. The others that were saying 70-0 thought we would actually get blown out, I am not saying they thought 70-0 but you get the point. It is what it is. Take It Personally Michael Jordan GIF- haha , it really didn't or did it?? This place is an odd place sometimes. I don't take my Colts football lightly and as a fan I want to come here and at least enjoy myself. If I have defend myself against other posters so be it. I still say we win the division and we beat Tennessee this week. The Jags should lose to the Eagles but they are much better than last year IMO.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I get it, I predict every week on the prediction thread. I predict we beat Tennessee this week, we matchup well against them. Matt is better than Tannehill, Taylor and Henry are a wash but I like our defense this week especially since they don't have Brown anymore. I just wonder if Leonard is going to play? They also lost Landry for the season, huge blow. In reality we should sweep them but probably won't, I see a split with them like I do with the Jags.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

*This** 

I LOVE the Colts. I have been a Colts fan from birth as I was born into a Colts home with Baltimore Season tix. 

I have lost my patience with this regime/team. Those who have paid attention to me have realized I have been screaming for skill position players for over 4 years now. We have very little and it's why we currently stink offensively. It doesn't really take that much to realize this. Yet this regime has basically been trying to sell the fan base that we can win and truly compete with lesser talent in positions that dominate the landscape of most all other teams. It's a joke, I'm sorry.

Normally do I hope this team wins every game, absolutely, however in this case I truly believe that in order to right this team we need to get hammered every week because if we don't this regime will continue to dupe us fans into thinking they are on the right path in how they have been putting this team together, and it's flat out wrong!! In the worst division in football no less

It's not fair to the fans, and to make matters worse, we watch other teams with high octane teams having real opportunities to compete RIGHT NOW and whom have made serious strides over the past 6 years thinking why that can't be us and then realizing it can't be us because this regime is braindead in its philosophy and delayed gratification or at least won't actually go take a real chance on acquiring the talent we really need to really compete.

This league is about winning championships and over the past 6 years this regime's philosophy has not given us an adequate chance at that. They say they want that outcome, but their actions show differently while other teams actions show they really are trying and taking chances.

That is all my personal complaints are about. We as a fan base are stuck in a never-ending cycle with this regime and until they are gone, we will never fully compete for the Lombardi. Could we luck out, i.e., the Chiefs game, and win a few games here and there to stay somewhat relevant? Sure, but what good does that really do except give this fan base falser security and keep this regime in charge to continue to dupe this fan base for more extended time they don't deserve.

I'm not a Colts hater or a constant Debbie downer. I'm tired and frustrated

-Peace

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

There is a decent amount of people who believe you are always positive. You are somewhere in the middle IMO, probably slightly more positive than negative, where i'm the opposite, slightly more negative than positive, but still somewhat neutral as well. You are fair with your viewpoints and shouldn't be attacked for them. 

I think Reich played like he was backed into a corner, and people tend to do their job better when they're uncomfortable. I'm sure the Jags loss did that to him from Irsay. He coached his best, and it was just enough. Let's see if he does that every game.

I disagree on Matt Ryan being better than Wentz. Though I believe Reich has a negative effect on QBs, so it may be more of a Reich thing than Wentz leaving Indy and looking decent. 

Generally, people are frustrated right now. I know you are in the right for the most part, but we want results, and talk is cheap at this point from Ballard and Reich. We need to win vs Tenn this week.

Wentz looking decent?

Did you see his game vs the Eagles? 

I've watched most of the Colts games for the 38 years since they moved to Indy and hope to still be around to watch them long after Chris Ballard and Frank Reich move on to other things. You think I should just stop watching them any time I don't like the makeup of the team?   

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All I can say is how I feel.  I personally don’t care if someone has been a Colts fan for 20 years or 20 minutes.  If they are a fan they are a fan cool.  

All fans can acknowledge when things don’t go well and I think all fans do at some point and it’s perfectly okay and acceptable to point out what you think are legit concerns.  When it crosses a line is when it’s all someone does and even when the team does well they can’t acknowledge it and still complain like the team couldn’t win a game.  Like I said after the game Sunday if you couldn’t enjoy a gritty win by your team over one of the best teams in the league what are you doing here?  Does enjoying it mean everything is magically better?  Even the happiest person after the win has acknowledged this team still has a lot to clean up.  However, being overly negative all the time doesn’t make someone impartial like they like to think it does.  It just makes them overly negative which most people would call a hater.  Still there is a difference in being a hater and going I am glad they won but this is still an issue.  Being impartial means acknowledging what went well as well as what didn’t.  

The last thing I’ll touch on is we have some posters who just can’t handle being wrong.  It’s not a big deal we’ve all been wrong at some point here.  It’s part of being on forum.  Still there are some who feel the need rather than acknowledge they are wrong to be little the person for pointing out their mistake.  That’s not cool and frankly says more about that person than it does the person they are trying to belittle.  I’ll also add there is a difference between having a debate over opinions where two sides might have different view points and just belittling someone because they point out something factual that you just don’t like.  

I guess I’d just say remember no one here knows everything and is God’s gift to the forum.  We have lots of smart people here who can have very well informed and different opinions.  Let’s not ruin it by attacking each other just because we can’t stand if someone maybe doesn’t agree with you,  like PeytonGirl used to say attack the argument not the person.  

50 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I've watched most of the Colts games for the 38 years since they moved to Indy and hope to still be around to watch them long after Chris Ballard and Frank Reich move on to other things. You think I should just stop watching them any time I don't like the makeup of the team?   

Never said that but if it makes you miserable watching what is going on, what is the point? I say that because Ballard isn't going anywhere IMO for years. Irsay has faith in him and likes him way too much to fire him. You and I have been fans the same amount of time, I just take the good with the bad and try to remain positive.

36 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

All I can say is how I feel.  I personally don’t care if someone has been a Colts fan for 20 years or 20 minutes.  If they are a fan they are a fan cool.  

All fans can acknowledge when things don’t go well and I think all fans do at some point and it’s perfectly okay and acceptable to point out what you think are legit concerns.  When it crosses a line is when it’s all someone does and even when the team does well they can’t acknowledge it and still complain like the team couldn’t win a game.  Like I said after the game Sunday if you couldn’t enjoy a gritty win by your team over one of the best teams in the league what are you doing here?  Does enjoying it mean everything is magically better?  Even the happiest person after the win has acknowledged this team still has a lot to clean up.  However, being overly negative all the time doesn’t make someone impartial like they like to think it does.  It just makes them overly negative which most people would call a hater.  Still there is a difference in being a hater and going I am glad they won but this is still an issue.  Being impartial means acknowledging what went well as well as what didn’t.  

The last thing I’ll touch on is we have some posters who just can’t handle being wrong.  It’s not a big deal we’ve all been wrong at some point here.  It’s part of being on forum.  Still there are some who feel the need rather than acknowledge they are wrong to be little the person for pointing out their mistake.  That’s not cool and frankly says more about that person than it does the person they are trying to belittle.  I’ll also add there is a difference between having a debate over opinions where two sides might have different view points and just belittling someone because they point out something factual that you just don’t like.  

I guess I’d just say remember no one here knows everything and is God’s gift to the forum.  We have lots of smart people here who can have very well informed and different opinions.  Let’s not ruin it by attacking each other just because we can’t stand if someone maybe doesn’t agree with you,  like PeytonGirl used to say attack the argument not the person.  

Great post!

I get it, I predict every week on the prediction thread. I predict we beat Tennessee this week, we matchup well against them. Matt is better than Tannehill, Taylor and Henry are a wash but I like our defense this week especially since they don't have Brown anymore. I just wonder if Leonard is going to play? They also lost Landry for the season, huge blow. In reality we should sweep them but probably won't, I see a split with them like I do with the Jags.

I get it. You do have to understand that we are not cookie cutter clones of each other and if your optimism is not shared by someone, beyond a point, you have to be able to let it go and not try to convince them that your level of optimism has to be attained or justified. While it is reasonable to be annoyed or frustrated by other posters' negativity, a glass half empty kind of guy will see your optimism as always glass half full and not justified in their eyes. The moment you can leave the back and forth with a few exchanges after explaining just your viewpoint without expecting them to see eye to eye, no matter how right you may think you are, that is when conversations don't become collisions or extended back and forth posts, IMO. That applies to posters on both sides of the optimism prism. :) 

I still think that if we beat the Titans now at home, there is a good chance we sweep them since we are most vulnerable now with Maniac coming back from injury and OL cohesion still being worked out. If we can beat them now, with a healthier Maniac and better OL cohesion, we should sweep them.

I’m honestly not sure if we win or not against the Titans. I feel their offense is better simply because ours is the worst in the league currently. I do feel our defense is better. We got homefield advantage of course. It’s probably going to come down to turn overs. 

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I  disagree, partially. 

Positive people and negative people are not the same. Noone should be annoyed by someone trying to be positive about a situation, but negative people will deliberately % on your positivity because they are trying to annoy you and misery loves company. This happens constantly on here. They arent the same and yes one outlook is far superior for that reason.

I am personally tired of negative people trolling everyone and the positive folks just taking their abuse. So I am returning fire every single time. If they cant deal with that, I would recommend they put me on the block list. You handle it how you want.

In closing I will say this. Chris Ballard has been more than upfront about how he is gonna build this team, including solving the QB issue. It will be done in the draft. Until then it will be a "best available option" approach, which is perfectly understandable and he has done it pretty effectively. Noone should be surprised by this and not accepting it is just having a fundamental disagreement with the owner that is gonna drive you nuts. This is what he wants and its his team and he knows better than we do what he should do because he has been around the NFL his entire life and he loves the Colts more than you. 

And Jim Irsay agrees with Ballard and his philosophy all the way, like it or not, because he remembers the 15 years before the Colts got lucky and landed Peyton Manning. So he doesnt expect a miracle. He will not be fired. I dont even know why any of you would think that would happen. If the Colts are bad, Reich will be the one to go.

But regardless, nobody can say they have given the players Ballard has brought in a fair shake to solve the issues with the roster. He was never gonna sign a marquee free agent to satisfy you and he told you that. Get over it. Kwity Paye looks pretty good. Dayo looks pretty good. Pierce looked really good Sunday. Woods did too. Matt Ryan, Gilmore and Ngakoue have a track record and should be given the benefit of the doubt until they have enough time to get settled in. All 3 have shown flashes of what we thought they were gonna be and had a part in the win on Sunday.

The OL is obviously holding this team back, and thats concerning, but it is probably the most fixable part of a football team because chemistry is a big part of it. 

Its too early in the season to suggest the team isnt better than it was last year. Way too early. So anyone acting like nostradamus just needs to stop. 

32 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I  disagree, partially. 

Positive people and negative people are not the same. Noone should be annoyed by someone trying to be positive about a situation, but negative people will deliberately % on your positivity because they are trying to annoy you and misery loves company. This happens constantly on here. They arent the same and yes one outlook is far superior for that reason.

I am personally tired of negative people trolling everyone and the positive folks just taking their abuse. So I am returning fire every single time. If they cant deal with that, I would recommend they put me on the block list. You handle it how you want.

In closing I will say this. Chris Ballard has been more than upfront about how he is gonna build this team, including solving the QB issue. It will be done in the draft. Until then it will be a "best available option" approach, which is perfectly understandable and he has done it pretty effectively. Noone should be surprised by this and not accepting it is just having a fundamental disagreement with the owner that is gonna drive you nuts. This is what he wants and its his team and he knows better than we do what he should do because he has been around the NFL his entire life and he loves the Colts more than you. 

And Jim Irsay agrees with Ballard and his philosophy all the way, like it or not, because he remembers the 15 years before the Colts got lucky and landed Peyton Manning. So he doesnt expect a miracle. He will not be fired. I dont even know why any of you would think that would happen. If the Colts are bad, Reich will be the one to go.

But regardless, nobody can say they have given the players Ballard has brought in a fair shake to solve the issues with the roster. He was never gonna sign a marquee free agent to satisfy you and he told you that. Get over it. Kwity Paye looks pretty good. Dayo looks pretty good. Pierce looked really good Sunday. Woods did too. Matt Ryan, Gilmore and Ngakoue have a track record and should be given the benefit of the doubt until they have enough time to get settled in. All 3 have shown flashes of what we thought they were gonna be and had a part in the win on Sunday.

The OL is obviously holding this team back, and thats concerning, but it is probably the most fixable part of a football team because chemistry is a big part of it. 

Its too early in the season to suggest the team isnt better than it was last year. Way too early. So anyone acting like nostradamus just needs to stop. 

Great Post! Yeah if your positive in here and are happy about a win, some in here still crap on you. As long as people want to keep piling on me for ridiculous reasons I am going to stand up for myself. Sorry this Homey doesn't play those games angry homer simpson GIF- some in here think it is funny to bash positive people in here and they get away with it, they won't get away with it with me because I will respond. I will keep it clean so I don't get banned in here but if you start it, then the games will begin. I have been around too long to let immature people put me down.  Reminder this is a Colts forum, it isn't Facebook or ESPN or a Patriots Site where you can like a 14 yr old. Nothing personal Kobe Bryant GIF

43 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I  disagree, partially. 

Your paragraphs after I disagree, partially nailed it and how some in here can't see it is comical. Could I just ignore some things, of course but when it is a lot of the forum doing it, it is hard to ignore when reading the threads.

1 hour ago, Goatface Killah said:

I  disagree, partially. 

I was not saying they are the same.  Sorry it came across that way to you.  

I am usually Mr nice guy but I told people I was going to be posting with an chip this year because I am all in as a fan. I think we have the team and QB to go deep into the playoffs. We stunk up the joint against the Jags but lets see what happens when they come here. I think we are going to beat Tennessee by 7-10 points, If I am wrong, I will eat my crow. 

18 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Jax is a pretty decent team put LAC is in a bad way personnel wise right now.  Lost probowl OT, all multiverse pass rusher, #1 pass catcher, and QB hurt.

I think JAX is in the mix for AFC South title though.  First one to 9 wins IMO.

Archived