Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I expected a "fluky" game that would be in our favor..... I even posted.that in one of the threads that had a poll. I, along with @2006Coltsbestever felt pretty confident of.us winning AND.we both made.some.cash on it. Props to him for.that and trying.to hammer his belief in us winning, along with.Homer in many threads lol.

The win from.a.colts.fan perspective is of course great and was much needed for the.Fan Base. However, we didn't win today because we were better than the chiefs, or played better.. Just like we didn't lose to the jags/tie the Texans because we played bad. This is the NFL and the games are influenced by the Football Gods. Although Matt Ryan's fumbing is making the Football.Gods.work.harder haha.

It was a win.so be happy... I.have no idea at the moment who will win next weeks game vs the Titans..I'm leaning on the Colts winning BUT only the God's know for sure..:D

Yeah I cleaned house today, I only put 50 on Indy but I went straight up so I won 400. As you know if you don't take the points and win, you win a lot more. Had I put 100 on it I would've won 800. Not only that I am just glad we won so this place can get back to normal The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cringed every time we went empty backfield and the coaches did it knowing how poor they are in pass blocking.  Hopefully Pinter gets benched this week.  He’s a mess right now.  Our game plan is so vanilla and pretty easy to plan against.  We can win with Ryan.  He needs protection.   They were on him lightening fast.  Fixing that OL has to be number 1 priority or we are going to risk losing Ryan to injury.  I hope the coaches have seen enough and make a move to fix it.  Defense and ST are really good.  Can’t wait for Leonard to get back into action.

Great game by our special teams. It's weird to say ST won you a game, but they absolutely did this game. We were starging with field position advantage all game long, we started a drive on the 5 yard line via ST TO forced... the kicker actually hit all his kicks. 

Second unit with great performance - defense. I know there are moments where even they were frustrating, but keep in mind the competition. Sometimes there's nothing you can do, but for the most part I felt like the defense held up pretty well, especially in coverage ... Gilmore is still a very good player, IMO. Rodney Thomas is a gem. I hope we see him more. We still struggle to create pressure on the QB though. Ngakoue had his first sack, but I thought he was pretty poor overall... especially setting the edge. 

And since I'm in a good mood - let me say that the offense did its job in the end(with a bit of luck) and scored when they needed to. Unfortunately there aren't many positives here. IMO same old issues continue to plague this team - it's not just the OL, the whole protection scheme and the whole blocking scheme, involving RBs, WRs, TEs is having serious issues executing - from covering blitzes to blocking simple screens... Nothing in this offense comes easy. It looks like everything is labored, we struggle for every inch of field. Predictable playcalling continues. OL needs new spark. 

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There was one bad call. Going for it on 4th at mid field. Should of pinned them back because special teams were great. That lead to a KC TD.

You could maybe say it was a bad call but it really wasn't. We had the momentum i as on the punt it side , however IF Matt lobs it over the middle we had a first down, instead he had to run for his life. Thats poor execution/ Good playing from KC D.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I cringed every time we went empty backfield and the coaches did it knowing how poor they are in pass blocking.  Hopefully Pinter gets benched this week.  He’s a mess right now.  Our game plan is so vanilla and pretty easy to plan against.  We can win with Ryan.  He needs protection.   They were on him lightening fast.  Fixing that OL has to be number 1 priority or we are going to risk losing Ryan to injury.  I hope the coaches have seen enough and make a move to fix it.  Defense and ST are really good.  Can’t wait for Leonard to get back into action.

If that oline gets fixed I think our pass catchers will be fine. They showed up today when it mattered. Imagine if the oline was good.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had us 2-1 before the season started and we are 1-1-1, close enough.

Division games count as 2. We can't lose to the Titans again and I like how our run D has been doing. Just have to go up on them to make Henry a non-factor.

3 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Yeah I dont know what the recipe is but Ive thought Raimann looked like the better option at LT so far. Im not sure why they havent went there yet, Im sure there is a rwason for it.

Honestly the way Braden Smith has played I wouldnt mind seeing

Raimann-Nelson- Kelly-Smith-Pryor

Raimann is not ready to start at LT.   It’s not clear yet if he’ll be ready to start at any point this season.   Once he starts getting more reps there will be more tape for opponents to figure out what he does well and doesn’t.  

Remember Pryor looked good in a few games at LT last year, and now he doesn’t.  Pinter was decent at RG for a few games last year,  and now he doesn’t.   More tape can make things harder. 

And Smith has regressed badly.  Our OL is a shambles.   It must improve.  

With our 37 year old QB and the problems we have blocking for him. Offense needs to be focused more on precision passing and play action. Crossing routes, slants, screens(to guys who can actually run like Campbell instead of Pittman) RB out of back field. And other plays that dont leave Ryan as a sitting duck who ran out of throwing options. The deep passes should mostly be from play action. He needs more quick throws he can get to when pressured. Tweak the scheme and take some of the pressure off the line. I think Ryan looks better playing that way.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your first sentence sums it up for me.   They lost more than we won.   And I wouldn’t rule out that we will get better.  But we have to if we’re going to be taken seriously.    The level of performance we got today, as improved as it was, is not good enough for a 17 game season.   We need to get much, much better.   We just have to. 

We need to get much better but do you think we gave the Texans a gift by letting them off the hook with a tie. We make a 43 yard FG and we are 2-1 right now. I will take 1-1-1 at this point and just be happy. 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I am not here to say I told you so to the extreme bashers. Had we lost though they would pile on me trying to defend our team. That is something you don't understand. Having said that our offense looked like a dumpster fire most of the game, I agree - see I see both sides of everything. Taylor had very little room to run and Ryan had like 1 or 2 seconds to throw the ball on at least 7 or 8 plays that I remember. 

To beat KC though is really huge and a season saver to be honest. I still think we could have lost this game and win the division but that would be cutting it close.

He averaged 3.8 seconds to throw today….

Just now, krunk said:

So does the idea of moving Smith to RG still sound crazy? 

No

26 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Yeah, it feels like they lost more than we won. 

That said I feel we could go a long way to punish defenses for blitzing us or focusing on JT by calling more draws and PA. There’re just so many missed opportunities because of play calling. 

Wups. Didn’t mean draws, ment the play were the offense essentially let’s the defense blitz and just dumps off over the blitz. Does it have a name?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He averaged 3.8 seconds to throw today….

No

I watched the game and there were like 7-10 plays where he had a guy in his face within 2 seconds. What game were you watching. Stats must be skewed some where?? There was 1 play where he got creamed in like 1 second. I watched the game so I am not going by any lame stats.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

So does the idea of moving Smith to RG still sound crazy? 

Yes because he wasn’t the big issue today.  The big issue was Pinter.  If you move Smith inside you now have him in a position in the offense with no yes he’s for sure going to work answer at right tackle.  That could very well make things worse.  I am all for replacing Pinter.  I am not for letting Smith be that guy.  Not without a better answer at right tackle.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I cleaned house today, I only put 50 on Indy but I went straight up so I won 400. As you know if you don't take the points and win, you win a lot more. Had I put 100 on it I would've won 800. Not only that I am just glad we won so this place can get back to normal The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

What you doing with your.winnings??

With my winnings I think I'll buy for my granddaughter a 55inch or so Samsung and a new XBOX S. We still on xbox1 lol. And I know I'm getting a new BFS baitcaster & BFS rod. I haven't decided on which ones, the  top rods here in USA are limited in choices.. and the best ones from japan, I think may take 2 months for delivery.. I've turned her into.a "tackleholic" like me.. There isn't a lure she's seen that she doesn't want. Lol

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watched the game and there were like 7-10 plays where he had a guy in his face within 2 seconds. What game were you watching. Stats must be skewed some where?? There was 1 play where he got creamed in like 1 second. I watched the game so I am not going by any lame stats.

Outside of the plays where there was a jail break (and there were too many) or Pinter getting man handled, he did have good time to throw.  That’s why stats matter.  We tend to get hung up on handful of plays and think that’s how the whole game went but it’s not.  When the Colts got their protection assignments right the line held up well today.  This issue, as highlighted very well by Romo today, was getting the protection assignments rights which is a communication issue which Romo was saying is product of Ryan being in a new offense and that it will take about six weeks to come together.  If you look back over Reich’s tenure that’s been the pattern.  That’s why musical QBs stinks.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What you doing with your.winnings??

With my winnings I think I'll buy for my granddaughter a 55inch or so Samsung and a new XBOX S. We still on xbox1 lol. And I know I'm getting a new BFS baitcaster & BFS rod. I haven't decided on which ones, the  top rods here in USA are limited in choices.. and the best ones from japan, I think may take 2 months for delivery.. I've turned her into.a "tackleholic" like me.. There isn't a lure she's seen that she doesn't want. Lol

I am ahead actually on my winnings now but I am just trying to get my car paid off now, I have no debt so I usually just treat myself to a good meal and save the rest. I may make a trip out to Vegas sometime next year.

26 minutes ago, Colts.sb41 said:

Are you ever Happy? I bet you’re so fun to be around.

Not when it comes to this team, absolutely not. Not for the past 5 years as I gave Ballard the benefit in year one. This isn't just about winning games, this is about having a GOOD team, GOOD structure, etc. GOOD football. 

Can you honestly sit there and tell me this is fun?

Watching this team over the past 5 years has been fun for you?

A couple examples.

Going through every off-season and watching premiere talent available and we have the most cap in the league and all that talent goes elsewhere because we are cheap. That's fun?

You call hearing our team leaders tell you that an aging, past his prime QB is the missing piece, when anyone who actually watches football knows this is nonsense, fun?

Dude seriously?

Should I give you more non-fun stuff?

Winning one game against the Chiefs doesn't nearly make up for this organization wasting the last 6 years, going on 7, of my Colts watching life. 

Just now, Indeee said:

Not when it comes to this team, absolutely not. Not for the past 5 years as I gave Ballard the benefit in year one. This isn't just about winning games, this is about having a GOOD team, GOOD structure, etc. GOOD football. 

Can you honestly sit there and tell me this is fun?

Watching this team over the past 5 years has been fun for you?

A couple examples.

Going through every off-season and watching premiere talent available and we have the most cap in the league and all that talent goes elsewhere because we are cheap. That's fun?

You call hearing our team leaders tell you that an aging, past his prime QB is the missing piece, when anyone who actually watches football knows this is nonsense, fun?

Dude seriously?

Should I give you more non-fun stuff?

Winning one game against the Chiefs doesn't nearly make up for this organization wasting the last 6 years, going on 7, of my Colts watching life. 

I would love to party with you. You sound like fun.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to get much better but do you think we gave the Texans a gift by letting them off the hook with a tie. We make a 43 yard FG and we are 2-1 right now. I will take 1-1-1 at this point and just be happy. 

Yes. When the season is over, just like in 2020 when the Jaguars finished with the worse record at 1-15 with the only win against us, the Texans will finish might finish (say) 1-15-1 with the only tie from us. :) 

54 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I've lost the narrative here.  When the game plan is bad...that's on Frank.  But when its good, its because of Brady.

Please explain to me in more detail how that works so that I know which band wagon to ride.

Easy, Reich does not call the defense. Chiefs had 58 yards rushing today, and averaged 5.2  yards per play. Give credit where it is due. Could have easily lost today with offensive fumbles, lack of 4th down conversions, missed blocking assignments, poor field position to defend, and of course the benefit of the penalty on Chris Jones that gave us the ball back at the end of the game. No bandwagon here, just my opinion on what I watched today. 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Outside of the plays where there was a jail break (and there were too many) or Pinter getting man handled, he did have good time to throw.  That’s why stats matter.  We tend to get hung up on handful of plays and think that’s how the whole game went but it’s not.  When the Colts got their protection assignments right the line held up well today.  This issue, as highlighted very well by Romo today, was getting the protection assignments rights which is a communication issue which Romo was saying is product of Ryan being in a new offense and that it will take about six weeks to come together.  If you look back over Reich’s tenure that’s been the pattern.  That’s why musical QBs stinks.

I like Romo, that guy was perfect for that job. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Yes. When the season is over, just like in 2020 when the Jaguars finished with the worse record at 1-15 with the only win against us, the Texans will finish might finish (say) 1-15-1 with the only tie from us. :) 

Yeah but that tie wasn't a loss, big difference.

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Does anyone feel if hot rod was our kicker we lost. That 42 yarder chase mailed was big.

He also nailed a 51 yarder.  Glad chase is here now.  Not going to pile on hot Rod as I legit like the kid and hope he gets things worked out.  Still clear the Colts made the right call at kicker.  So I am just happy with that.

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Excellent job by the defense today and way to keep us in it.

Great job by Frank and Ryan on that last drive

Quality win 

Frank almost cost us another game by always going for it on 4th & short... cost the 1st game by not going for the FG/points on the road and nearly cost us this one.... 

33 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Hot take alert.  Being overly negative and never seeing positives don’t make you impartial.  It just makes you overly negative aka a hater as you pointed out.

You know I think you can be objective and still be positive. Some people dont seem to think so. 

For example, I thought Reich again made some very poor decisions today that I do feel are gonna gurt us in the long run.

And I felt like we were very fortunate to win the game. I thought the Chiefs special teams was borderline pathetic and if they are competent at all we lose by 2 scores.

But I am still happy we won and have faith we can play better. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Romo, that guy was perfect for that job. 

Yeah but that tie wasn't a loss, big difference.

I wasn’t a big Romo fan before today but now I get it.  He really does a great job of telling you exactly what’s going on.  So much better than barber who just made bad jokes and clearly hadn’t watched anything either team had ever done.  

18 minutes ago, strt182 said:

You could maybe say it was a bad call but it really wasn't. We had the momentum i as on the punt it side , however IF Matt lobs it over the middle we had a first down, instead he had to run for his life. Thats poor execution/ Good playing from KC D.

I have us at 3-2 for the first "quarter" of the season. Still possible for the 3 wins. 

Archived