Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 KC at Colts Post Game Thoughts (G3)

EastStreet

1 minute ago, Goatface Killah said:

You know I think you can be objective and still be positive. Some people dont seem to think so. 

For example, I thought Reich again made some very poor decisions today that O do feel are gonna gurt us in the long run.

And I felt like we were very fortunate to win the game. I thought the Chiefs special teams was borderline pathetic and if they are competent at all we lose by 2 scores.

But I am still happy we won and have faith we can play better. 

Of course you can.  Being objective means acknowledging both what went well and what didn’t go well.  

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Not when it comes to this team, absolutely not. Not for the past 5 years as I gave Ballard the benefit in year one. This isn't just about winning games, this is about having a GOOD team, GOOD structure, etc. GOOD football. 

Can you honestly sit there and tell me this is fun?

Watching this team over the past 5 years has been fun for you?

A couple examples.

Going through every off-season and watching premiere talent available and we have the most cap in the league and all that talent goes elsewhere because we are cheap. That's fun?

You call hearing our team leaders tell you that an aging, past his prime QB is the missing piece, when anyone who actually watches football knows this is nonsense, fun?

Dude seriously?

Should I give you more non-fun stuff?

Winning one game against the Chiefs doesn't nearly make up for this organization wasting the last 6 years, going on 7, of my Colts watching life. 

We have actually beaten the Chiefs twice in that span.

Why does it bother you so much wasting time watching football you obviously dont mind wasting time complaining about football?

The times havent always been good but Ive had a blast watching this team many times over the last 6-7 years. Today was one of those days. Thats life. Learn to enjoy things even when it doesnt go your way and you have it figured out. 

You know I think you can be objective and still be positive. Some people dont seem to think so. 

For example, I thought Reich again made some very poor decisions today that O do feel are gonna gurt us in the long run.

And I felt like we were very fortunate to win the game. I thought the Chiefs special teams was borderline pathetic and if they are competent at all we lose by 2 scores.

It is like that with any game. That is why I always try to tell people you can criticize a team but at least be happy when we win because winning in the NFL isn't easy. This is the first time Mahomes has ever lost in September in his 5 years at QB.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I wasn’t a big Romo fan before today but now I get it.  He really does a great job of telling you exactly what’s going on.  So much better than barber who just made bad jokes and clearly hadn’t watched anything either team had ever done.  

Yeah Romo is the perfect fit for the great Jim Nantz. Romo used to talk over him but has calmed that down now and he is smart about breaking down plays and knowing teams.

7 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

This is the great thing of football. It's also the difference between Madden and real life, humans can and do have bad days we all make mistakes.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is like that with any game. That is why I always try to tell people you can criticize a team but at least be happy when we win because winning in the NFL isn't easy. This is the first time Mahomes has ever lost in September in his 5 years at QB.

Actually, second time… he’s 11-2

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I said a couple days ago to give Woods more playing time. 2 TD’s today. I think he’s the best TE we’ve got.

Really I say play all the rookies more.

The only negatives I have are that Pinter and Pryor are garbage. They need to be replaced immediately.

Pryor was good today. The oline issues were Pinter and blitzes not being picked up.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I watched the game and there were like 7-10 plays where he had a guy in his face within 2 seconds. What game were you watching. Stats must be skewed some where?? There was 1 play where he got creamed in like 1 second. I watched the game so I am not going by any lame stats.

Agreed - and it's not just the pass blocking fails either. The run blocking fails are equally prevalent.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Actually, second time… he’s 11-2

Really, I thought he was 11-0. Who else did he lose too, still 11-2 is damn good.

Just now, Douzer said:

Agreed - and it's not just the pass blocking fails either. The run blocking fails are equally prevalent.

Yeah Taylor had some good gains but earned them because even the run blocking wasn't great.

4 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

We have actually beaten the Chiefs twice in that span.

Why does it bother you so much wasting time watching football you obviously dont mind wasting time complaining about football?

The times havent always been good but Ive had a blast watching this team many times over the last 6-7 years. Today was one of those days. Thats life. Learn to enjoy things even when it doesnt go your way and you have it figured out. 

There are just some on here that take this a little more seriously than the rest I'm guessing. 

The Dolphins Bills game today is what GOOD football actually looks like.

These two teams over the past 5 years have gone from crap to 2 of the NFL elites. They have had same opportunities as every other NFL team including the Colts over that span. 

Are the Colts anywhere near these two as an example?

How far have the Colts improved over that 5-year span in comparison to these two?

Coaching, player acquisition, scheme... 

Go on... I'll wait. 

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes because he wasn’t the big issue today.  The big issue was Pinter.  If you move Smith inside you now have him in a position in the offense with no yes he’s for sure going to work answer at right tackle.  That could very well make things worse.  I am all for replacing Pinter.  I am not for letting Smith be that guy.  Not without a better answer at right tackle.

Smith was a pure guard at Auburn. Probably a good likelihood he can play it on this level. Im sure people are thinking to move either Raiman or i guess D Kelly(once healthy) to RT. I think Raiman could play RT. Problem is still wouldnt be any solution or competition with Pryor for LT and hes certainly not played well there either.  I have no idea what Fries can do and i think Pinter may actually hold more value at backup center.

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

If that’s the case, then I would imagine the officials are going to get slammed in their reviews.

You don’t fail to call one just because there are two.

Good grief, is it that hard for fans to just be honest when a call (or no call) goes our way?  Would we feel the same way if the teams were reversed?

I hate the refs. There were a lot of holds on our dline not called. There was a certain 2 point conversion that was clearly an incomplete pass, that was allowed that could have lost us the game if we don’t score at the end and need a FG.  So no I’m not going to complain about a face mask that wasn’t called on our team. There are a lot of suspect calls the officials make every year that make me question the integrity of the league. But here we all are watching anyways. 

17 minutes ago, Indeee said:

There are just some on here that take this a little more seriously than the rest I'm guessing. 

The Dolphins Bills game today is what GOOD football actually looks like.

These two teams over the past 5 years have gone from crap to 2 of the NFL elites. They have had same opportunities as every other NFL team including the Colts over that span. 

Are the Colts anywhere near these two as an example?

How far have the Colts improved over that 5-year span in comparison to these two?

Coaching, player acquisition, scheme... 

Go on... I'll wait. 

So the Dolphins win 3 games and they are elite now?

You can go be a Dolphins fan if you want.

8 minutes ago, Indy87 said:

I hate the refs. There were a lot of holds on our dline not called. There was a certain 2 point conversion that was clearly an incomplete pass, that was allowed that could have lost us the game if we don’t score at the end and need a FG.  So no I’m not going to complain about a face mask that wasn’t called on our team. There are a lot of suspect calls the officials make every year that make me question the integrity of the league. But here we all are watching anyways. 

Well, OK.

I’m really not sure what the right call on the 2pt try was.  I could see it either way.  If he got the ball across, it was right before contact (assuming he had possession at that point).  He was clearly short on the 2nd effort.

I also saw holds not called.

Still, the facemask was also a blown call.

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Right now I’m open to bringing Eric Fisher in for a workout.  See how he looks and if he’s fully recovered.  He did well in the run game last year and would fit in quickly rotating with Raiman.  Pryor could go to RG.  Can’t hurt to check him out.

100% agree with this.

Long season. I remember the Raiders and Panthers being 3-0 last year. 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Right now I’m open to bringing Eric Fisher in for a workout.  See how he looks and if he’s fully recovered.  He did well in the run game last year and would fit in quickly rotating with Raiman.  Pryor could go to RG.  Can’t hurt to check him out.

While this might be an acceptable idea, the problems with the o-line are bigger than the guys playing at certain positions on the o-line. Gotta fix the real, underlying problem.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That won’t help anything. Pryor wasn’t the issue today. But if the goal is to move Pryor to RG that could work.

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to get much better but do you think we gave the Texans a gift by letting them off the hook with a tie. We make a 43 yard FG and we are 2-1 right now. I will take 1-1-1 at this point and just be happy. 

Of course we gave the Texans a gift.   I’ve never said anything else.   I’ve also said my concerns about the Colts were based entirely on the J’Ville game, not on the Houston game.  

But I don’t chalk up last weeks game to…. Well, we don’t play well down there.  Sorry, that dog don’t hunt.    If we had lost like 24-20 or 24-17, something respectable, that might be something.   But we lost 24-0 and frankly I didn’t think the game was that close.   The margin felt much bigger to me.   I thought we played like a badly coached high school team.   

Today was better, I’m happy.   But we have to get much, much better for me to feel good about this team.   Long ways to go. 

Much needed win today. Looked like a totally different team.

Defense came to play today and made some key plays.

Offense did enough to win. Pittman might be the most important Colt on offense. If he is at least 1B if Taylor is 1A.

I thought the atmosphere was good. Lots of Chiefs fans there.

3 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Nice try. 

The answer is yes, they are and based on your response or lack thereof, you realize that the Colts have squandered the last 5 years and some teams have not.

Oh, but we have beaten the Chiefs twice in that span, so there is that.... :loco:

11 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Yep. Jags now have the best coach they have had in years. Herbert being banged up doesn't hurt, but still Jags have talent and playing hard

Dolphins have won their division 1 time in the last 20 years and havent win a SB since 1973.

The Bills have never won the super bowl.

You are the epitome of what grinds my gears with sports fans. You wouldnt make it following those teams lol

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Nice try. 

The answer is yes, they are and based on your response or lack thereof, you realize that the Colts have squandered the last 5 years and some teams have not.

Oh, but we have beaten the Chiefs twice in that span, so there is that.... :loco:

The Dolphins last won a chip in 73. Were you even alive in 73? I wasnt.

Elite.

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Nice try. 

Last 5 years plus this year

Colts 42 wins + 2 trips to the playoffs

Dolphins 40 wins + 0 trips to the playoffs

Seriously man go be a dolphins fan because you arent even a Colts fan lol

You are mad when they win. Think about that.

Archived