Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khari Willis is retiring

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is shocking. He is only 26. Maybe injuries last year had him thinking. Someone on here mentioned this and I thought they were being funny. Colts clearly knew with all the safeties they signed.

Dragons Den No GIF by CBC

good luck And thanks Willis

14 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I'm fine with this. He isn't that good at covering people. I wish him the best with the church and I hope he fufills his purpose. 

I thought he was pretty decent, as a matchup on TE’s and Backs out the backfield. I think we will miss his down hill in the box performance. He wasn’t a world beater by any means but Khari was consistent.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I know but he only had one more year. He must have a strong conviction about this. I am sure his twin boys had a lot to do with it. Not being with their mother probably didn’t allow much time with them.

I just wish these surprise early retirements were done at a time that is more considerate of the team’s position.  Why not before the FA period and draft?

6 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I just wish these surprise early retirements were done at a time that is more considerate of the team’s position.  Why not before the FA period and draft?

We drafted Cross and signed McLeod to fill his spot. They obviously knew this was coming.

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I know but he only had one more year. He must have a strong conviction about this. I am sure his twin boys had a lot to do with it. Not being with their mother probably didn’t allow much time with them.

It definitely must have been weighing heavy on him. I would’ve loved for him to finish out his contract. Wishing him the best .

13 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Hahaha wow.  You quit your job when its best for you...not the company and especially bot for fans. That guy owes nothing and can go out on whatever terms he wants. 

By the looks of it, the Colts were given a heads up. Probably didnt decide fully until it was time to start practicing again and he knew for sure he didnt want to do it. 

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agreed.   Thanks for saying it. 

Personally, I hope we are paying Khari his salary just as we did with Luck.   That would be a classy way to send him off.   

I would be all for that.  What is incredible is he was due to make 2.5m this year. That is more than he made in the first 3yrs.  He obviously feels this is the best for him and his family bc an additional 2.5m could set him up for a life of not having to worry much about the financial side. 

Damn... well that's surprising. Wish him good luck with whatever he chooses to pursue next. He seemed like a good dude in addition to being a good player. 

Like others said - seems like the Colts knew something was coming with all those safety additions. 

12 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

At least he was upfront about it and didn't blind side the organization just before the season like someone else did.

We will likely never know the answer to this question….   And while I’m not a betting man, I’d bet good money the organization was NOT blindsided.   At all.   The fans were, no doubt, 100 percent.   But the organization?   I seriously doubt it. 

Archived