Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars, January 9th, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Dude, this is about as bad a game as you could imagine.

Your nonchalance about it is kinda insulting.  Your vibe is usually spot on, but it is off today.

I'm about to get Philip Rivers mad in this gosh dang forum if we miss the playoffs by losing in Jax for a SEVENTH year in a row...

223d6a93da0697c24ef9f264b88279e2.gif

We are fine man. Still a long way to go. 

This is freaking pityful.....I have stuck with the Colts through moving in the middle of the night, horrible season after horrible season but this is near the top of it all. Being dominated by the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE when the playoffs are on the line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, we've provided 53 guys in teal with a %load of confidence and swagger to try and close out the second half.... 

Let's see if we have any pride, balls, will.....anything really..... I'm about 50/50 on the likelihood they really come out and take this game, or change ANYTHING from the first half really.

I would really like to see some more dump offs to JT out of the backfield. Get Carson some completions and momentum, get the ball in the hands of our best player in space and let him work, and keep the 3rd downs more manageable. Makes no sense to me why we don’t see more passes to JT…

Opposing teams use the middle of the field against us and short throws to open things up. We hold onto the ball and try to chuck it 25 yards every throw. It's truly maddening how this team refuses to throw stuff short and open up the long throws. Pittman used to run slants and get a lot of yards every time. I don't know why we stopped doing this.

Just now, SchlicterSZN said:

I mean....it always is?  The ONLY way you get 15 on hitting the kicker anymore is with CLEAR intent to hit them after the kick.

A kicker getting hit like that should warrant a 15 yard penalty if hitting a sliding QB slightly late or a defenseless receiver. 

Correct call by the officials, but I don’t like how it’s only a 5 yard penalty as it can cause serious injury

Just now, k9copinmd said:

This is freaking pityful.....I have stuck with the Colts through moving in the middle of the night, horrible season after horrible season but this is near the top of it all. Being dominated by the WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE when the playoffs are on the line. 

Agree, if was playing a power team; would understand. 

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

They will sort it out at half and dominate.  

Maybe.  Just as likely nothing changes.

Just now, Colts1324 said:

A kicker getting hit like that should warrant a 15 yard penalty if hitting a sliding QB slightly late or a defenseless receiver. 

Correct call by the officials, but I don’t like how it’s only a 5 yard penalty as it can cause serious injury

Different rules for qbs and the other 21 guys on the field ... I hate it too.