Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars, January 9th, 2022, 1:00PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Numba1Colt said:

i love Rodgers yelling when there was still 7 seconds left before half 1 play after HE couldn't simply wrap up and tackle his man short to force the FG with 15 sec left on 3rd down... 

Thank you. 

One of the biggest irritants with this defense: celebrating one individual play in an otherwise sea of garbage when a 2 win team has run you up and down the field.

• Like 1

Just now, runthepost said:

They are better in key positions like Safeties, D-Line and WR. The 3 areas we struggle in

ballard has taken a defensive end high every single year for 5 years and the colts have zero pass rush .   he ignored the colts wrs  believe cambell would stay healthy and be good .      its not a good year to have no 1st round draft pick

• Thanks 1

I love my team with all my heart for 50 years and will continue but I am so embarrassed by our play today.  Even with a win we are not playing like a real contender.   We are too predictable and hot/cold.  I will never give up but because I am loyal but it is so hard to belive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FuedinHatfield said:

A lot of this is poor ownership. 1 title with Peyton freaking Manning. Wasted Andrew Luck and the answer is Frank Reich and his broken golden boy. Jesus.

It's hard to blame Riech or Wentz for this one... I'm blaming eburflus and the entire defense. Making Trevor Lawrence look like Tom Brady

This game should surprise NO ONE! I said before this game started the Colts MUST come out VERY AGGRESSIVE on BOTH sides of the ball ESPECIALLY on defense to win this game! Do not give this pitiful Jags team any hope of winning this game! Allowing Trevor time PLUS 10 yd cushions will get the Colts beat easily! 

Teams are more readily stopping that run game with stacked boxes leading to a lot more 1 yd or runs for losses for JT. Frank is countering with MORE heavy run packages on 1st and 2nd downs. NO IMAGINATION! JT still might get 100 yds but 50 or so will come on 1 or 2 runs. You MUST be able to PASS in this league PERIOD!!!!! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cgi4life said:

I love my team with all my heart for 50 years and will continue but I am so embarrassed by our play today.  Even with a win we are not playing like a real contender.   We are too predictable and hot/cold.  I will never give up but because I am loyal but it is so hard to belive.

at the end of the day i think the colts are just a 500 team right now  . last year the colts had a easy schedule and we got false hope even though they had a losing record against wining teams .     the whole league is won from QB wrs and defensive line , you cant play  coverage anymore without a flag .    giving teams 10 seconds to throw the ball plus having a average passing game is a not a good formula to win big games .

• Like 1

Carson has this 2nd half to prove himself to me or I’m officially done with him as the Colts QB.  Football is such a game of momentum. When he screwed up that RPO 3rd down on our first drive it killed our momentum. We were supposed to keep that drive going.  This looks exactly like the first few games of the season where he was miserable on the clutch downs doing the same dumb things.  Those losses have us here now and here he is regressing back to when we thought it was lack of preseason or training camp or injuries that had him off.  Maybe he’s just too dang inconsistent…???

• Like 2

Just now, Smoke317 said:

Carson has this 2nd half to prove himself to me or I’m officially done with him as the Colts QB.  Football is such a game of momentum. When he screwed up that RPO 3rd down on our first drive it killed our momentum. We were supposed to keep that drive going.  This looks exactly like the first few games of the season where he was miserable on the clutch downs doing the same dumb things.  Those losses have us here now and here is regressing back to when we thought it was lack of preseason or training camp or injuries that had him off.  Maybe he’s just too dang inconsistent…???

To be fair, the ball hit jack in both hands. That’s a drop way more than a bad pass

2 minutes ago, colts89 said:

The offense has been equally as bad.

Just my opinion, but its hard to get anything going when they have only had 3 possessions in the half.

The offense has not been perfect, but Jacksonville has some decent pieces on defense especially pass rushers. Our biggest weakness on offense is pass protection.

Their offense is missing a lot of skill guys and came into this game being pretty bad.

A half a game of football left before we either get our butts kick and out of the playoffs or come up something magical to beat this team...So far, no pass rush, bad play calling especially on the running game above all Wentz is Wentz holding onto the ball too long getting sack.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.  I hope at the end of the football game, I would admit I'm wrong and eat crow in the process which I'm happily will do.  So, by  thinking opposite the opposite will turn this game around......Season's over!! 

Just now, bestQBever said:

It's hard to blame Riech or Wentz for this one... I'm blaming eburflus and the entire defense. Making Trevor Lawrence look like Tom Brady

How is it hard to blame them? Wentz has looked lost for weeks. Reich continues to make questionable calls and having a his team unprepared for two win and your in games. Including one of the worst teams in the NFL. Wentz is horrid. 

10 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

3 possessions in first half.  Keep deferring against the worst team in football, keep giving them confidence. The nfl is so fixed, 

It is...I'm sure of it.  Drama is killed if Colts win today.  League needs the intrigue so people watch the rest of the games through out the day.  If Colts lose to the Jags then I'm done watching the games today as I feel like we wouldn't deserve to make it.  

1 minute ago, SR711 said:

Just my opinion, but its hard to get anything going when they have only had 3 possessions in the half.

The offense has not been perfect, but Jacksonville has some decent pieces on defense especially pass rushers. Our biggest weakness on offense is pass protection.

Their offense is missing a lot of skill guys and came into this game being pretty bad.

the jags scored every time they had the ball except one drive  .   that is not a good way to look at it , when you have the ball you have to score points .