Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Raiders Post Game Thoughts

John Waylon

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Anyone who thought key players missing all week of practice due to Covid wouldn’t matter was very very wrong.

Wentz has been playing like a sack of potatoes for weeks now. We’re in week 17. The guys know eachother and missing a week of practice doesn’t mean that much at this point in the season. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The good news is thanks to the Rams is if the Colts can beat the worst team in the league they are in.  If they can’t they don’t deserve to be in.

Nice to see Rams finish. Jags got creamed today but weird things happen in jacksonville.

This thread has become predictable table. Lmao. 

2 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

@EastStreet

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

too slow to ask whats your thoughts. 

Juking Jonathan Taylor GIF by Indianapolis Colts

RTDB!!! if your QB is giving same average with arms vs your RB is giving same average with legs I would take RB JT all day long

They did,  they actually almost had perfect balance in terms of pass and run, 27 to 26, which after the Texans game everyone was screaming for because Frank was running it too much.  People really need to decide what they want because if they go run heavy people scream they have to balanced and if they are balanced people are now yelling they should have been run heavy.  

People are bringing up a lot of excuses even though the prediction thread was filled with blowout win predictions.

Wentz was too inconsistent, and Reich got too conservative toward the end. Don’t blame the defense for faltering after the offense couldn’t take advantage.

you have to be able to throw the ball to win in this league .   what happens if the colts play the bengals or the bills ?  if taylor does not take over the game and wentz has to score 30 plus to win he cant do it .   colts threw the ball almost 50 times against the titans for under 200 yards passing with multiple picks .   you cant go 16 games with your QB only throwing over 300 yards twice jacoby did more than that and had a better completion percentage . 

- Special teams was BAD today.  Raiders seemed like they had good field position all game outside of a couple of drives

- Wentz, what was that!?  Bad decision after bad decision.  Bad throw after bad throw.  I don't know if it's because he didn't practice or what but that was just plain out BAD.  I think JB would've did a better job today than Wentz.  He got lucky with that TD and that was it.  Nothing else.

- JT did what JT does.  He should've been involved more.  Playoff clinching game and he has 20 carries.  He avg'ed as many yards a carry as Wentz did a throw.

- OL was mediocre.  Not good, not bad.  Raiders were getting pressure but I put that on Wentz running down the playclock and horrible playcalling

- I think the defense played good enough.  We gave up chunks and big plays but they made up for it with the turnovers, speaking of turnovers

- ZERO POINTS OFF OF 2 TURNOVERS!  We score just TWO FGs off of those and we're in the lead on that last drive.  It's a 26-20 game instead of 20-20. 

- Reich, the playcalling cannot be this bad towards the end of the season.  Why does he refuse to use Hines as a WR?  That final drive where we threw 2 screens to him is the best we can do with him?  Not going to believe it for one second.  Whatever call Ballard made to make Reich start running the ball more he needs to make the same for Hines.  We're paying him like an all-purpose player and using him as a 3-trick pony: up the gut run, screen, or reverse

Just bad.  This was a game with a playoff atmosphere and we just played bad.  Not happy after that loss.  Reich and Wentz supporters, sit this one out please.

think it was all setup and Raiders allowed to get away with offensive holding and defensive penalties for almost entire game besides 1 holding call and 1 PI call on the... it was the Raiders WIN for MADDEN. the league is corrupt

the TY TD was a fluke and that's why the offense did nothing after the Leonard pick

That's why Carson "missed" TY when he was left wide open and TY didn't jump to catch it 

that's why the went soft on 2nd and 3rd down once they got within a short 40 yard FG 

now Raiders and Colts still alive but could miss the playoffs going into the first ever WEEK 17.... yawn

5 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

They spent all their # on Cardinals. The easy win and in vs jags meant they didn't "have" to show up today. 

It’s never an easy win for the Colts down in Jacksonville.  Lots of Colts fans thought the Raiders game was an easy win too once they heard all our players were coming off the Covid list.  Colts got to come ready to play next week. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Here comes all the haters, who only show up when we lose. Let’s all forget the past two weeks.

We lost. It sucks, but we were severely hit by quarantines this week and didn’t have enough time to truly practice. 

Carr is a good QB, I don’t care what the mainstream people say. We didn’t get pressure and he was able to beat us. 

Most people that dare to give criticism on this forum show up all the time. I know I do. Stop complaining about fans giving their football opinion on football forums.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The good news is thanks to the Rams is if the Colts can beat the worst team in the league they are in.  If they can’t they don’t deserve to be in.

Next week could very well be a trap game. I don’t see it happening, but division games are always a toss-up.

I’m not sold on Wentz. He holds the ball entirely too long, the same way Jacoby did actually. That’s why he takes so many sacks. Also he always misses high on his throws. You can’t win a championship with erratic QB play.

Also I’ve been screaming about pass defense for 3 years now. Idk how you can’t figure out how to cover Zay Jones.

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

Most people that dare to give criticism on this forum show up all the time. I know I do. Stop complaining about fans giving their football opinion on football forums.

It’s those who only show up to complain. But when we win are nowhere to be seen. Don’t tell me what to do.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Classic fan over-reaction.   Such fan fan nonsense. 

Are you saying Wentz wasnt terrible today. He was.

But It is an over reaction to say Reich needs fired.

Im not sure if it’s scheme, or our players BUT the Colts rarely have wide open receivers and Wentz is forcing the ball or just over throwing everyone.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

It’s those who only show up to complain. But when we win are nowhere to be seen. Don’t tell me what to do.

Gotta disagree with you on this one fam.  People have been getting on Wentz for the last 4 weeks.  Only difference is JT couldn't bail the team out with a big run this game.  Even though he got 100yds, it was only on 20 carries and he didn't break it this game.

9 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

They spent all their # on Cardinals. The easy win and in vs jags meant they didn't "have" to show up today. 

We haven’t won in Jacksonville since 2014. 

When we played them at home this season they outscored us over 3 quarters…

This will not be an easy game and if the Colts don’t show up 100% ready they will lose it. 

Our offense is so predictable. We run every first and 2nd down then get stuck in a bad 3rd and long. If we knew how to mix it up our offense would be dangerous. I tell my brother this every week and this week it finally caught up to us. 

Kenny was getting worked all game. 

Frank tries too hard to get Hines involved. 

I really wanted to see the replay of TY's route on that miss throw. I thought he hesitated during his route but they never showed the replay so I'm not completely sure.

Why would anybody be surprised that there are negative reactions to this game?

I’m not saying Wentz isn’t the guy but I’m not brimming with confidence in him either. This team has to be carried by JT to win, and at some point it’s gonna be too much to carry. And Reich, I mean I like him as our HC, but it wasn’t a stellar day for him.

1 minute ago, bsteves said:

Our offense is so predictable. We run every first and 2nd down then get stuck in a bad 3rd and long. If we knew how to mix it up our offense would be dangerous. I tell my brother this every week and this week it finally caught up to us. 

Kenny was getting worked all game. 

Frank tries too hard to get Hines involved. 

I really wanted to see the replay of TY's route on that miss throw. I thought he hesitated during his route but they never showed the replay so I'm not completely sure.

This is what lost us the game. This in a nutshell. Horrible awful playcalling not mixing things up.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

All the distractions this week clearly effected the team.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich did nothing to get Wentz in Rythm. I thought after that end to first half we were good bur his playing calling was predictable and stale.

Will you ever put the blame onto Wentz where it belongs or are you gonna continue to dance around it every week?

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

People are bringing up a lot of what seem like excuses after the prediction thread was filled blowout win predictions.

Wentz was too inconsistent, and Reich gotta too conservative toward the end. Don’t blame the defense for faltering after the offense couldn’t take advantage.

People will never see QB problems when the team is winning. I've been saying it both when we were losing and when we were on our win streak that Wentz is not playing great and this will cost us games. It was the same with Brissett when we were winning.

The rest of the team has been playing out of their mind and Wentz still has enough flashes to fool you he might be the guy, but his bad games are just way too frequent. He's a trailer, not the engine. And we are stuck with him for the next 3 years most probably. It's not the worst QB situation in the league, but it is not great set up for legit contention. Just way too many things have to be just right for us to carry Wentz through his slow processing, inaccuracy and sometimes mind-bogglingly stupid plays. 

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

No it hasn’t. Anyone who thinks that hasn’t been watching games all season.

Please

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

How far do you I think we're going?

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Who do you think win us the game last week. Who won the SF game using his arm. Who threw  for over 400 yards against the raiders.

He had a great drive. How do you grade the the rest of the game? He had a great drive today. The one at end of the half was fantastic. Can you win consistently with one great drive per game? SF was a long time ago

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

People are bringing up a lot of excuses even though the prediction thread was filled blowout win predictions.

Wentz was too inconsistent, and Reich got too conservative toward the end. Don’t blame the defense for faltering after the offense couldn’t take advantage.

I felt this loss coming with how over confident some Colts fans and podcasters were this week. Raiders played like a team whose season depended on a win. Those type of games are seldom easy wins. 

Archived