Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders (8-7) @ Colts (9-6), Sunday, January 2nd, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

It's the scheme. Good qbs will tear it apart

Yep, we are absolutely fine giving chunks up over the middle.  It's by design.  It's why I laugh Everytime someone laments our sucky players giving up catches and yards to TEs.... TEs are going to star against this D even if you have the best cover LBs in history.

Just now, James said:

Defense doing fine.

Offense pure trash.

Yep.  The D got smashed in the mouth on the opening drive, but have been solid since.  Crummy punt coverage and a flaccid offense areto blame for the deficit on the scoreboard.

Just now, Solid84 said:

They have been practising and playing all season. You don’t get ‘out of sync’ in week 17 due to lack of practice….

Yes you do, you have new players in during the week and the sync gets changed, having a different QB do the cadence. Then switching back on game day. OL switching spots as they return from COVID list and Wentz/WRs haven't thrown the ball since last sunday. It's alot of little things that add up.

What this D does, is eliminates the need (in theory) to have to invest big money in CBs, or Safeties.... It wants all it's resources in DL and one or two LB.  Which is cool, I like the philosophy.... It just can be very frustrating to watch teams move at will on you, even if it's all to plan.

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Colts can’t believe they can stick with Wentz right?? They have to plan to move on without him. Experiment failed

We’re stuck with him for at least another year.  He’s just gotta get comfortable. He probably needs that tight end safety blanket. 

My concern with Wentz is not that he has been inconsistent . It's the fact that he looks down right horrible. I mean, he is missing throws that a high schooler could make. He seems to b playing scared as of late and revet5ing back to his Philly days. He had not shown me this year that he can carry this team when needed. He has a legit Oline and running game. I get it. He's wrs r very blah, but he looks horrible in his throwing.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

My concern with Wentz is not that he has been inconsistent . It's the fact that he looks down right horrible. I mean, he is missing throws that a high schooler could make. He seems to b playing scared as of late and revet5ing back to his Philly days. He had not shown me this year that he can carry this team when needed. He has a legit Oline and running game. I get it. He's wrs r very blah, but he looks horrible in his throwing.

So you missed last week?