Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders (8-7) @ Colts (9-6), Sunday, January 2nd, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Smoke317 said:

The MVP got us in there. What a gutsy call from Frank. That was all or nothing. 

I usually don’t like Frank’s gambling shenanigans, but I said before that play “run Taylor and just go for broke. They won’t be expecting it, let’s live and die on our best player.”

That was great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, coming on strong said:

team needs more practice i am extremely worried even if we win this game of going into the playoffs with a struggling passing game .    frank should try his best to get wentz passing reps

I have not seen receivers open to throw to except maybe 3 times.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My concern with Wentz is not that he has been inconsistent . It's the fact that he looks down right horrible. I mean, he is missing throws that a high schooler could make. He seems to b playing scared as of late and revet5ing back to his Philly days. He had not shown me this year that he can carry this team when needed. He has a legit Oline and running game. I get it. He's wrs r very blah, but he looks horrible in his throwing.

It wouldn't be our game day thread if your Wentz "concerns" weren't duly noted.

Nice job again on # 113.  :yahoo:

Just now, NDSU_Guy said:

I have not seen receivers open to throw to except maybe 3 times.

i agree with you its not all wentz the passing game stinks in general   .    the colts weapons cant get open very often .  that is why colts need to start rotating in patmon and hope he can bring a spark .  zack pascal is not good

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No it was good clock management. They hold us up and we have no way to stop the clock. Have no clue how some of you didn’t understand that. 

That is true. I think some thought that JT would have scored earlier with just a few seconds left.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This game is a little tougher than I expected, hats off to the Raiders so far. I am not worried though. If we fall down by 10 again than yeah, time to worry lol.

the whole team being sick really hurt this team .   they are probably feeling weak  and did not practice much .

2 minutes ago, RevoltingBlob said:

Everyone hating on Wentz. Who is he supposed to throw to? Pittman double teamed, no one get open, not sure what he's supposed to do. That said, once again, the way they run the ball it's baffling they have zero play action game. 

Hard to have true playaction from the shotgun.  Wentz has actually been great on playaction from under center. 

I should have asked everyone if the Colts should have taken the field goal instead of going for the TD on 4th down. Had JT not gotten into the end zone, folks would probably have said Reich should have gone for the FG. 

I liked the decision even if it had not been successful. Play to win!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Frank is showing some serious stones, and it's paying off - most coaches would've taken the 3 to make it a 1 score game, especially knowing that they get the ball 1st after halftime.

I mean that’s exactly why he did it. 4 seconds to go. No timeouts. The defense lined up with very little expectations of seeing a run play. 

I’ve been vocal about Reich. Beyond this season, too. But that whole last set of downs was just great coaching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevoltingBlob said:

Everyone hating on Wentz. Who is he supposed to throw to? Pittman double teamed, no one get open, not sure what he's supposed to do. That said, once again, the way they run the ball it's baffling they have zero play action game. 

Use his legs. Punish them with he legs

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I should have asked everyone if the Colts should have taken the field goal instead of going for the TD on 4th down. Had JT not gotten into the end zone, folks would probably have said Reich should have gone for the FG. 

I would not have said that LOL. JT is who I would bet on this season no matter what or when. I’m blinded by his greatness haha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I love that he goes for it but I was a bit nervous on this one because so far we have not played well. This decision alone almost makes it a new game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That last drive Wentz looked great finally. That call to run Taylor with no timeouts was classic Frank haha 

i have been the biggest wentz guy for a while but he is starting to scare me the last couple weeks .  i think his weapons are a big reason why but he is missing guys wide open and throwing to high .   hopefully he gets going in the second half

7 minutes ago, RevoltingBlob said:

Pascal has been wide open on 3 different plays and not even looked at by our QB

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Whatever the outcome, that's the direction everyone takes it.

If he attempted the FG, but it got blocked, those same people would have been saying Frank should have gone for it with JT.

If he runs the same play with the same outcome with Hines, it's a good call, but can you imagine the reactions (from myself included) if he had run Hines up the middle, failed, and gone into the half with no points?  This thread would melt down.  haha

• Like 1