Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders (8-7) @ Colts (9-6), Sunday, January 2nd, 2022, 1:00 PM ET

NFLfan

We need more than an offense that features JT.  we just do not have enough offensive weapons.

Pittman is our best receiver - but he is more a possession type of receiver.  Pascal has just about disappeared in this offense. He has not been a factor since early part of the season. TE slot is weak.  Hilton is on his last legs. I do not understand why we do not use Hines more in passing game.

34 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

We need more than an offense that features JT.  we just do not have enough offensive weapons.

Pittman is our best receiver - but he is more a possession type of receiver.  Pascal has just about disappeared in this offense. He has not been a factor since early part of the season. TE slot is weak.  Hilton is on his last legs. I do not understand why we do not use Hines more in passing game.

hines has been extremely disappointing even with the touches he’s had. doesnt look as explosive as before

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

If the Chargers win today, they take the 7 seed and we move up to the 6 seed, meaning as it stands we would be facing Cincy in the first round in that situation. So root for the Chargers today I suppose

no i think we would be out of the playoffs temporarily. the pats would have 5 seed, raiders 6 seed and then either us or chargers are at 7 depending on tie breakers

49 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Really?! Who is 5th?

Patriots, they are 10-6. We would be in a three way tie with the Raiders and Chargers at 9-7, and the Raiders are the odd ones out because of their loss to their divisional rival Chargers. If we win next week, we’re in, potentially as a 5 seed, but no worse than the 6 seed

3 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

no i think we would be out of the playoffs temporarily. the pats would have 5 seed, raiders 6 seed and then either us or chargers are at 7 depending on tie breakers

Nope, Raiders are odd ones out. Three-way tiebreakers are very weird in the NFL, but because the Raiders and Chargers are divisional rivals and the Chargers beat the Raiders earlier in the year, that takes the Raiders out of the three way tie and leaves us and the Chargers tied. Then, because we have the better conference record over the Chargers, we win that tiebreaker, making us the six seed, the Chargers the seventh seed, and the Raiders right outside, looking in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coltsbluefan said:

Titans are looking like they’re gonna be the number 1 seed after today too..bad day all around for Colts fans.

Let's not count our chickens here in Nashville just yet. The Titans have a horrible habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory when it comes to playoff seeding. Hell, it happened earlier this season when we were #1 and then lost to.....<checks schedule> Houston!

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know Miami and Baltimore losing helps us at least. A lot of these teams are even, this puts us back under the radar so we can get thrashed all week by our fans and media, I still see us getting in as the 7th seed. Strange but fun season. Ups and downs, beat the Pats and lose a game like this haha . That is Football.

Miami is now eliminated, and the Ravens are teetering on the brink after their loss -  we're the 6th seed, thanks to the Chargers win.

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

We haven’t won in Jacksonville since 2016. Why people keep thinking this will be a walkover is a mystery to me. 

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Typo.. 2014. Doesn’t make it better, does it?

Sounds like we're due! We haven't lost 2 in a row since September, and this season we're better on the road (5-2) than we are at home (4-5).

Was out of town for a Christmas party today so I didn't get to watch or listen. Just read every post. It Took about 2 1/2 hours. Just  amazed on how there was so excitement the 1st few pages then then how quickly things turned. I'm upset yes, but I also grew up a raiders before  starting to follow the Colts back in 1994. So I have mixed feeling about this game. Not happy this happened with so much on the line though, But I had a feeling the Colts would loose this game especially after seeing the Irish get beat the way they did. It's just the way my luck goes. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@LV-FrontRowgreat win man, I thought we would smoke you guys but you guys have a lot of heart. I like Carr.

Right on!

Most Raiders fans thought you guys would smoke us as well. I mentioned in another thread that the Raiders are Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde kind of team. I really think their recent 3 wins is a result of covid issues of teams they've played against and the Broncos using their backup QB. The Raiders have had some really big turmoil this year but they are grinding it out. How often do you see a week 5-6 start interim head coach contend for the playoffs?

The Colts should win next week especially after they are past their covid issues somewhat and will be able to practice. The Colts have a good team and I hope they make some noise in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LV-FrontRow said:

Right on!

Most Raiders fans thought you guys would smoke us as well. I mentioned in another thread that the Raiders are Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde kind of team. I really think their recent 3 wins is a result of covid issues of teams they've played against and the Broncos using their backup QB. The Raiders have had some really big turmoil this year but they are grinding it out. How often do you see a week 5-6 start interim head coach contend for the playoffs?

The Colts should win next week especially after they are past their covid issues somewhat and will be able to practice. The Colts have a good team and I hope they make some noise in the playoffs. 

You guys have a lot of heart, RIP to Madden too, good luck the rest of the way.

• Like 1

• NFLfan locked and unpinned this topic