Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cardinals, 12/25/21, 8:15 PM ET

NFLfan

This is a great example of how Carson is not in the game tonight. I’m not third down he saw the blitz coming it was all coming from the west to the right. If he would’ve kept that ball he could’ve ran for the first down so easily to his left and then he had time on fourth down and threw a horrible pass. I want this guy to succeed for selfish reasons but sometimes he looks just lost

• Like 3

I listen to various GMs, and although Wenzt has played well, they say he plays small when the pressure is on. He is looking horrible tonight and really hadn't looked good in weeks. His passes are not acceptable for an NFL qb. He acts like he has no desire to win this game. Even if they win by some chance. They will not win a championship with him at qb If this is the best he had. I am really underwhelmed by him. Frank should have kicked the ball. Wentz is playing scared.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• If the Colts are looking for a YAC guy, Corley could be a target.  He does look like Debo.  Basically a RB once he has the ball.  I like him too.  It really depends on if they’re looking for a more vertical threat. Corely does show vertical shots on film but probably not his number one strength. 
    • Had to pull off a trade with the Bills to gain extra R5 pick.   Personally, am warming up to Luke.  Then again rooted heavily for him as Nebraska's QB and glad to see him succeed as a wide receiver.   WR Luke McCaffrey (Rice) According to PFF, 110 FBS-level receivers in this draft class were targeted at least 55 times. He ranked 46th in yards per route (2.11), 32nd in drop percentage (4.1 percent; three drops), 11th in contested catches (60.7 percent; at 17-of-28, his 17 contested catches trail only Washington’s Rome Odunze) and 36th in YAC per catch (6.0).  Liking Luke's low drop percentage and ability to make contested catches.  Pretty solid company to be compared to Odunze who had issues prior season and outdone Marvin Harrison Jr. this year.     SS Trey Taylor (Air Force) won Jim Thorpe Award in 2023 with strong leadership qualities in the secondary.  Taylor is related to Ed Reed.  After 9 weeks Taylor’s 88.5 coverage grade is second among Group of Five safeties while posting an impressive 78.8 run-defense grade.  Taylor overall PFF grade of 85.8.
    • My top 4 realistic draft picks.  Not sure we take a WR in Round 1 but would look for Roman Wilson in Round 3 and Luke in Round 5.  Swing a trade for multiple Round 5 draft picks and add another offensive weapon in TE Ben Sinnott whom I think is probably the third best TE in the class.    WR Adonai Mitchell (Texas) According to PFF, 110 FBS-level receivers in this draft class were targeted at least 55 times. He ranked 78th in yards per route (1.72), sixth in drop percentage (1.8 percent; one drop), 79th in contested catches (36.4 percent; 4-of-11) and 100th in YAC per catch (3.2). He caught 8-of-22 passes thrown 20-plus yards downfield.   WR Xavier Legette (SC) According to PFF, 110 FBS-level receivers in this draft class were targeted at least 55 times. He ranked fifth in yards per route (3.15), 18th in drop percentage (2.7), 49th in contested catches (47.6 percent; 10-of-21) and 29th in YAC per catch (6.4). He caught 13-of-24 passes thrown 20-plus yards downfield, good for an eighth-ranked 54.2 percent.   WR Roman Wilson (Michigan) - According to PFF, 110 FBS-level receivers in this draft class were targeted at least 55 times. He ranked 13th in yards per route (2.68), ninth in drop percentage (2.0 percent; one drop), 72nd in contested catches (37.5 percent; 3-of-8) and 67th in YAC per catch (4.6).   WR Luke McCaffrey (Rice) According to PFF, 110 FBS-level receivers in this draft class were targeted at least 55 times. He ranked 46th in yards per route (2.11), 32nd in drop percentage (4.1 percent; three drops), 11th in contested catches (60.7 percent; at 17-of-28, his 17 contested catches trail only Washington’s Rome Odunze) and 36th in YAC per catch (6.0).
    • FWIW:   At $6 million per that made MAC one of the top-12 paid players on the Colts 2023 roster.   Do you still think he’s cheap?  
    • Isn’t it time to look for a home run pick for the offense? Bowers would be that kind of pick. Having a dynamic TE would be huge and would arguably be equal to picking up a WR1 running mate for Pitt. If he’s available at 15 I think it’s a no brainer to pick him. 
  • Members