Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cardinals, 12/25/21, 8:15 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, Coltsfan98 said:

JT didn't exactly get much after the first drive though. The oline isn't opening up holes anymore.

It's  a line full of back-ups, and every team we play will be scheming to contain Taylor - he's like Barry Sanders in the way that you can keep him bottled up for most of the game, but he's always a threat to break a long one and take it to the house.

• Like 1

Move the pocket, roll Wentz out.  Wentz needs to run more.  Use Taylor in the passing game.   Get creative on offense.  Cannot turn the ball over.  3rd and long, just punt it.  A strip sack courtesy of Davenport will turn it/end it just like it did vs. TB.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Valiant effort with what they are workin with.

2nd half will be interesting.  Gotta give them credit so far.  But we dont want the usual 2nd half Colts or its gonna get tough(er).

Agreed. They usually fizzle out 2nd half. Also the momentum for the most part has definitely been on the Cards’ side, but our guys are hanging in there! Hoping the Colts keep doing just enough (or the Cards keep messing up just enough) to keep that crowd QUIET! 

• Thanks 1

Don’t understand why most 2 minute offense situations this year that Hines is in instead of Taylor.  This last drive is not an outlier, it seems to be the Colts preferred lineup.  If Hines was a clearly better receiver, or faster than Taylor…but Taylor catches well and is as explosive or more so than Hines.  Which back do you think the defense wants to see?  Help me understand??

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Valiant effort with what they are workin with.

2nd half will be interesting.  Gotta give them credit so far.  But we dont want the usual 2nd half Colts or its gonna get tough(er).

Colts need to wind some clock & get a score. Even a FG is HUGE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

it blows my mind how frank has mo lining up on bradens side of the line .   yea great idea leave davenport one on one with a all pro pass rusher

I agree, bit man...the OL wheels completely fell off right about the point in the game you start getting off script and adjusting your play calls.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I’m happy we’re up, but it feels like all the Cards need to do is clean it up and score a couple TD’s and a FG and that’ll be enough. Hope to be wrong 

Need points here.  Get a 2 score lead and keep the pressure on them.

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

Agreed. They usually fizzle out 2nd half. Also the momentum for the most part has definitely been on the Cards’ side, but our guys are hanging in there! Hoping the Colts keep doing just enough (or the Cards keep messing up just enough) to keep that crowd QUIET! 

Frank needs to script a 2nd half start as if its the start of the game.  And be aggressive on D.

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Colts need to wind some clock & get a score. Even a FG is HUGE

I’ll take another safety at this point.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

We need to do some rollouts with Wentz. Have the TE block & release & TY run a post 

I don't think he  has time to roll out. The Dends r flying around the tackle.   It's just a really ugly game and if the Colts win it will be a great win considering the shape of the team. 

7 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

And yeah that's a shot.  Soccer appeals to an entirely different audience for entirely different reasons.  Saying soccer is entertaining vs. football is like saying because you like Nascar you should find cross country more appealing.... wth.

Wasn’t a shot.  He described how many football games transpire - not just this one.  Simply suggested an alternative.  Btw, I love soccer, as well.