Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Baltimore Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Frank doesn’t call the defensive plays.  His offense outside of one or two plays was still being aggressive and moving the ball at will.  Also your name is still misspelled.

Who the head coach again..he  has no say to what the defense is doing. He has no idea what scheme they are going to use or do frank is blame less.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Wentz got us in FG range with under 40 seconds. That was pretty incredible. That’s what franchise QB do. 

Yes Wentz played great tonight as he has all season outside of the Titans game where he clearly shouldn’t have been out there.  The Colts have found their QB and the offense is rounding into shape.  Now they need the defense that they have invested heavily in to start playing like it.

1 minute ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Who the head coach again..he  has no say to what the defense is doing. He has no idea what scheme they are going to use or do frank is blame less.

Head coaches let their play callers make the play calls.  Frank does on offense because he’s the play caller.  He’s not on defense.  That goes on the DC.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

truth 

Again the bigger issue is why did you need your QB to make a play there when you were up 25 to 9 a few minutes earlier?

4 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

This too is not true….  I don’t know where you got this? 

As the HC, Frank can offer his input at any time.   He can say he wants to blitz more or less.   There’s nothing he can’t suggest. Whether he does or not is up to him. 

So far it just looks like one of those seasons where we'll find a way to lose.

Totally OT, but got off an airplane for vacation and put the phone on and see JT take it to the house.. Kind of ruined day one of vacation... booo :(

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Head coaches let their play callers make the play calls.  Frank does on offense because he’s the play caller.  He’s not on defense.  That goes on the DC.

Here a nice little quote from a movie but it make sense from a hierchy established system. "You serve me and the manner in which you serve me, reflects upon me" Right now DC Coordinator is making Frank look really bad and it does not help that frank made some pretty bone headed calls.

12 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Here a nice little quote from a movie but it make sense from a hierchy established system. "You serve me and the manner in which you serve me, reflects upon me" Right now DC Coordinator is making Frank look really bad and it does not help that frank made some pretty bone headed calls.

Blaming the guy who doesn’t call the defense for bad defense is a poor choice especially on a night where outside of one or two calls he called an amazing game against a pretty good defense.

16 minutes ago, #12. said:

I have no problem with Reich playing for a FG in that situation.  I recall Manning making the same decision numerous times.  If it's blocked up properly, you win.  

I think if hot Rod hadn’t been injured it was ok. Bur he did just make one. Seems like that was more on the blocking. Hot Rod has to make one there. Wentz was playing great too so should of let Wentz try and get a TD.

23 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

next year has to be our big free agency spending year. We need to push for a chip next season

Especially since it’s clear we have our QB.

35 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Again the bigger issue is why did you need your QB to make a play there when you were up 25 to 9 a few minutes earlier?

In normal circumstances you wouldn’t. But he had to know about the secondary injuries. Winners play to win.  Elite teams would of went  for the jugular. 

40 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes Wentz played great tonight as he has all season outside of the Titans game where he clearly shouldn’t have been out there.  The Colts have found their QB and the offense is rounding into shape.  Now they need the defense that they have invested heavily in to start playing like it.

I feel pretty confident they will be looking for a more agressive DC in the off season. I am not even sure adding talent would do much.

43 minutes ago, IinD said:

So far it just looks like one of those seasons where we'll find a way to lose.

Totally OT, but got off an airplane for vacation and put the phone on and see JT take it to the house.. Kind of ruined day one of vacation... booo :(

Just drink a lil more than usual.

OK, having stepped back from the abiss, I actually have more confidence this team can turn it around than before this game. Frank was playing chess out there. Sure you can second guess a couple calls, but nothing that you couldn't do in any other game. O and D were flying around out there and looked kind of like last year's. Just bad luck with the injuries. 

Of course if we lose to Houston next week, I take it all back. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I know. It just makes me mad. Wentz did something tonight only our other franchise QB have done. 

Local Colts people will see it.  As much as we can, and should rip the defense, the positive tonight was how good the offense looked against a pretty darn good defense.  

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Just drink a lil more than usual.

Haha. I did just that. 

Lucky/blessed/grateful to be able to do Hawaii this year.

Had a great moment though, guy fully dressed in Colts gear walks up to me as I'm also in a colts t-shirt watching the game on the phone

and says '# yeah, colts fan bro'' as JT takes it to the house. Pretty funny we both reacted like kids freaking out watching it.. Haha

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

This loss isn't on Frank, our pass defense in the 4th and 2 missed FG's is why we lost. Blame Eberflus. The problem with most people is, they usually either want to blame the coach or QB for every loss. I have been watching football for 45 years and have been on chat sites since 2005 - it has always been like this. I remember a long time ago certain chat sites would blame Peyton for a loss if he threw for 300 yards 3 TD's and no INT's or they would blame Dungy no matter what if we lost. Force of habit I guess. I think Eberflus should be fired but Ballard probably doesn't have the balls to do so. I say that because our pass defense was doing the same thing last year. I am fine with Frank and Wentz for now.

I just watched the Packers v Bengals and there was an enormous (legal) hit on Burrow when he ran the ball and when you watch our defenders when any QB runs the ball to the side we hang off them like we are scared to touch them.

We do this often but there was a particular one today where Jackson got the first down but there were 2 Colts there and didn't go in for the kill. I was annoyed at the time but even more annoyed when i saw what the Packers did to Burrow.

Anyways, those are the killer instincts we need that i think we lack. Maybe that is a downside of high character players?

I never expected to win and when we got to 25-9 t just seemed like it wasn't enough.

There is a good team here imo, i know woulda, coulda, shoulda type stuff but the Rams game we are probably a Wentz ankle injury away from winning, same as the Titans cause the Titans were rubbish against us but they got lucky playing a statue QB who still kept us close enough to win and today we were 2 missed kicks and an extra point miss away from beating a good team.

The next 5 games are winnable based on the other teams form but we do need to win most if not all of them if we even want to entertain the playoffs.

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I feel numb, that’s as tough of a loss that we have suffered in my lifetime 

Yupp.. I'm still *. Got 5 hours of sleep. Got to go to work and talk to a few co workers.. and this just a lousy game in October.. 

I don't freaking understand how a falcons fan got up the next day after the Superbowl..

1-4/0-5. That was the record i reckoned we'd start with in the 1st quarter of the season.

This team is going to win this division.

As for the actual game, it's hard to win when you're a very injured team. Yes, i'm sure there'll be comments about Baltimore being injured and all that but the fact is they were favored by 7+ with good reason yet the Colts went in there and marched all over them. I'm sad with lost but i think we get healthier and make quite the run regardless of who's in front of us.

***this isn't the game to complain about Reich's play calling. The Colts were in a game (and wudda/shudda/cudda won) that almost everyone had Baltimore winning by multiple scores.

6 hours ago, coming on strong said:

the colts offered him 7 million so it was possible they refused to guarantee more money . 

Probably more to do with him knowing the Titans are a better team. Colts are starting their 5th QB in 4yrs and the Titans have a legit shot to make it to the Super Bowl.  

Wow oh wow, this was the first Colt game I saw live this season as I am always working on Sunday afternoon because I have a job and go to work unlike so many others in this Biden catastrophe . So let me start by saying I am now 5-0 in my weekly predictions and in this weeks prediction I stated we would lose because of "critical, crucial errors and mistakes at the worst times possible". Two missed xtra points and two missed field goals fit that criteria. BUT, that was not the main reason we lost. The number one reason for the loss was something we have seen way to often over the past 48 years. A pathetic, ridiculous defensive strategy where the players backup as fast as they can and give 10-15 yard chunk plays to WIDE OPEN receivers, backs, and tight ends. So the end result was another loss to a young dynamic, uber athletic qb 0-2 this season as we couldn't handle Wilson in week one. Blowing a 25-9 lead against a team that media people ALWAYS state is not built to comeback from deficits, let alone a 16 point deficit is inexcusable and downright pathetic. So much speed and talent on defense and all they do is backup, retreat and surrender. Another prediction here, I have no idea who the gm, coach, or players will be over the next 10 years but there will no sb championships. History will continue to repeat itself over and over. Owners win, fans lose and as a Colt fan for over 50 years I most definitely am used to it. Fourteen years with Peyton Manning at qb and 1 championship, that speaks for itself, and along with last nights game is the reality of the nfl. Never cause for celebrations as Colt fans. Sad, but true, oh well, on to next weeks game!

Lets move on to the Texans.  Im encouraged about where the offense is headed. We need to score about 3 to 7 points more a game. I think we could be a 27 to 35 points a game offense as long as we stay with our ground game and play action. We should win that game handily. I also think we can string together a few wins. This loss stinks for sure but lets move on.

4 hours ago, cbear said:

OK, having stepped back from the abiss, I actually have more confidence this team can turn it around than before this game. Frank was playing chess out there. Sure you can second guess a couple calls, but nothing that you couldn't do in any other game. O and D were flying around out there and looked kind of like last year's. Just bad luck with the injuries. 

Of course if we lose to Houston next week, I take it all back. 

If we lose to Houston season is probably over

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Lets move on to the Texans.  Im encouraged about where the offense is headed. We need to score about 3 to 7 points more a game. I think we could be a 27 to 35 points a game offense as long as we stay with our ground game and play action. We should win that game handily. I also think we can string together a few wins. This loss stinks for sure but lets move on.

Reminds me of Steelers loss last year

Archived