Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Baltimore Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

We didn't fail to draft any, 2 of our starters (Rock and Paye) are just hurt. I agree that we need to bring more CB talent in the draft, but I don't think that is the issue we saw tonight.

the pass rush is the main reason for the collapse ,8 seconds on most of the big plays to throw

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wentz isn't longterm solution, Blankenship isn't longterm solution, Eberflus isn't longterm solution, Reich has split personality on offensive plays. CB and S are mediocre minus 1 or 2, oh who are injured. Colts are weak. bench Wentz (so only lose 2nd rounder) and Run The Damn Ball!! I hate to say "bench Wentz" it goes against my don't ever tank. Look at our schedule though, have too in my opinion. 

37 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Plus I think Autry is a bit overrated.  He can get some pressure here and there but he’s far from a stud pass rusher.

He leads his team/DL with sacks and TFLs....... 

Not saying he's elite, but we shouldn't have dropped both DEs at the same time.

32 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Lmao. Frank needs to give up play calling because he loses the feel of the game.

Captain Obvious quote there.... but it was really just a bad call either way. If you're going to run it, don't do a delayed hand off up the gut in a stacked box.

30 minutes ago, Hoose said:

It’s true about Campbell. But Blankenship kicked it low also. Perfect storm. 

Looked low to me, especially for the distance.

27 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

He's been fine in his career this was a bad game 

A lot of fans from his college weren't big fans... just saying

7 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Is Eddy Pinero available?

still a FA

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Indirectly talking about Reich tbh

Yup. Can't go both prevent offense and prevent defense that early on the road vs a team like Baltimore.

26 minutes ago, Shive said:

Pretty sure a FA off the street would have to be in the Covid protocol already and meet the criteria for playing. I think only players that were just cut are available that quickly since they were already in another team's protocol.

wonder why we don't have a K on the PS

I also want to point something out.....there have been a handful of situations this year, late in half/game situations, when Colts players have had to choose whether to get out of bounds or fight for a few extra yards.......has anyone else noticed how bad our players are at this? There was a time tonight where Marlon Mack broke loose in the 4th quarter and had a chance to go down in bounds and run clock......but guess what he does? Goes out of bounds and basically gifts the Ravens 35 extra seconds of clock.

When you see teams struggle to make intelligent decisions regarding clock management, that is 100% on coaching. That is Frank Reichs job to make sure he communicates with his players the importance of knowing time/score and act accordingly.

If you are behind, and you are choosing 2 extra yards over extra time on the clock, you arent doing your job.

And if you are ahead and you dont take every opportunity to maintain a running clock to give your opponent less time to mount a comeback, you arent doing your job.

Im tired of seeing this team make silly mistakes that are easily correctable, but are never addressed.

i honestly think its a talent issue more than a reich issue . He called a good offensive game plan outside of being to conservative the last drive .  the defense just lacks talent outside of buckner and leonard right now .  the corners are average to below average even when healthy moore has regressed and so has rhodes . the pass rushers are average and blackmon and wilis regressed this season .   the linebackers are average outside of leanord , and the wrs are average . the roster is younger but same issues still after 5 years besides the running game ..

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i honestly think its a talent issue more than a reich issue . He called a good offensive game plan outside of being to conservative the last drive .  the defense just lacks talent outside of buckner and leonard right now .  the corners are average to below average even when healthy moore has regressed and so has rhodes . the pass rushers are average and blackmon and wilis regressed this season .   the linebackers are average outside of leanord , and the wrs are average . the roster is younger but same issues still after 5 years besides the running game ..

Problem was a lot of those guys weren’t in the field. Blackmon had a good game.

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I didn’t see it mentioned, but I guess one nice take away is ending the Ravens rushing 100 yds + per game streak, stopping them from setting the record. 

The Ravens would gladly trade record for the W.  They could have run for 194857537 yards tonight and I wouldn’t have cared had the Colts won.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Wentz deserved the right to go for that TD on that blocked kick. Reich took it away from him .

Blah blah blah.  Saying a bad point over and over again doesn’t make it good.  Yes the Colts could have been more aggressive on that play.  However the rest of the night Frank called a masterful game.  It was the defense who blew a 25 to 9 lead that’s the real issue.  If they do their job that one play isn’t an issue.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Blah blah blah.  Saying a bad point over and over again doesn’t make it good.  Yes the Colts could have been more aggressive on that play.  However the rest of the night Frank called a masterful game.  It was the defense who blew a 25 to 9 lead that’s the real issue.  If they do their job that one play isn’t an issue.

Frank admitted as much regarding that play.

Both things can be true though.

3 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Frank admitted as much regarding that play.

Both things can be true though.

Not my point.  Worrying about that one play is not seeing the much bigger issue.  The defense is what lost this game.  They were disaster in the 4th quarter.  Like didn’t do one thing right level disaster.  Yes Frank could have made a more aggressive call on a play that’s true but he did several other things right.  You are always going to have one or two plays after a game you can say you know I should have done this differently.  That’s normal and acceptable.  Having an awful quarter where you get nothing right and give up a 25 to 9 lead is not.  To me the fact that that play called mattered and you are asking the head coach to call a perfect game that you were winning to 25 to 9 at one point is a much bigger issue than that one play call itself.  

Chesley and BoPete looked lost out there, may have been better off promoting Tell from Practice Squad he at least knows the schemes and has been through the fire before. 

We saw Wentz looking like he is all the way back, having a career year so far as far as qb rating, he isnt throwing any pics at all.

Taylor was a beast tonite once again

Pittman another big game clear #1

Campbell showed up and didnt get hurt

Mack looks to be all the way back

Reed was opening holes all night long

We need our injured guys back, had one of the top AFC teams down at their place with several starters not playing at all. This after almost beating the Rams will also heavily banged up.

We are in position to win the South, next week a huge game much bigger then tonite. Time to catch a Tenn team facing a gauntlet that will leave them in shambles.

Well I don’t think we are going to have to worry about Eberflus next year. Lol. We need a DC that dictates that doesn’t ask his players to sit back and react. 

At least it looks like we have our QB. He was great. Campbell had some nice catches tonight too. Pittman was so good. Oline played pretty well. 

I still can’t believe they allowed that many points in such a short period of time.

58 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

when you fail on drafting multiple pass rushers and corners this is what happens .  the defense is missing premium positions and its killing the colts .  zero pass rush is why wilson stafford and lamar torched the defense .  we have backups as starters and have no salary cap or first round pick to improve next year . we are in limbo where we have to hope dayo and paye come through if not the team is set back years .  having to bank on second or third round corners next year to be starters will hurt when rhodes and carrie leave .

Yeah….  Wilson, Stafford’s and Lamar….  Those guys suck.   They stink against everyone else, but against the Colts, suddenly these guys look great!   

Dear God….        :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

A masterful games can turn into a mediocre game real quick and look we were up for 3 quarters and lost it in the end its no longer called a masterful games its called a callapse he doing what stupid Pagano does get the lead and then slowly get your foot off the gas. Do you think Bill would do the same thing heck no.

20 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is bad.

Exactly the defense was the problem tonight.  Injuries or not you had to adjust.  Too many times a guy was standing wide open with five guys around him to tackle him once he caught but by then you’ve already given up 10 to 15 yards.  Also, their tightened was killing them all night and all night they refused to adjust from trying to cover him with a linebacker or even an end on some plays which was clearly not working.  An embarrassing performance.

1 minute ago, Freenyfan102 said:

A masterful games can turn into a mediocre game real quick and look we were up for 3 quarters and lost it in the end its no longer called a masterful games its called a callapse he doing what stupid Pagano does get the lead and then slowly get your foot off the gas. Do you think Bill would do the same thing heck no.

Frank doesn’t call the defensive plays.  His offense outside of one or two plays was still being aggressive and moving the ball at will.  Also your name is still misspelled.

Archived