Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Baltimore Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, luv_pony_express said:

The defense played well most of the game, really.

Hit our kicks, we win.  Maybe should’ve tried Sanchez from 47 yards?

The defense was absolute garbage in the 4th quarter when they backed off and played not to lose rather than doing what had worked all night.  Don’t give them a pass. 

There you go 22 basically unanswered. Missed xp, blocked fg and missed fg. I don’t want to hear an injury excuse. If injuries him kick that badly he should have not been playing. We should’ve found some kicker off the street that  can make simple field goals and extra points. That was basically your season we don’t come back from this. It’s like the Colts left  Baltimore in the fourth quarter. As a Colts fan I’m really ticked off and I’m anxious to see what smoke screen Reich will use for a reason that is not the coaching staffs doing.  

I can’t believe what I just saw. What thevhell is going on with Reich. You have a hurt and gassed secondary. A hurt kicker and you play for a field goal on that first missed kick with 6 minutes left. Unbelievable. These players played their heat out. Wentz was fantastic. They couldn’t stop Wentz so he goes for the FG. Unbelievable.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The defense was absolute garbage in the 4th quarter when they backed off and played not to lose rather than doing what had worked all night.  Don’t give them a pass. 

I’m just saying they played well most of the night.  They did.

Yeah, awful 4th quarter.  But we were playing with PS guys.

We need to be able to kick FGs.

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

There you go 22 basically unanswered. Missed xp, blocked fg and missed fg. I don’t want to hear an injury excuse. If injuries him kick that badly he should have not been playing. We should’ve found some kicker off the street that  can make simple field goals and extra points. That was basically your season we don’t come back from this. It’s like the Colts left  Baltimore in the fourth quarter. As a Colts fan I’m really ticked off and I’m anxious to see what smoke screen Reich will use for a reason that is not the coaching staffs doing.  

Not sure they let you sign a kicker mid game!

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

I don’t think the blocked FG is on Blankenship.   Campbell should not have gotten as far in as he did.  

Thought with a 16 point lead we would win. We were dominating at that point.  Kicking game was a disaster tonight. Missed XP, going for 2 and not kicking XP and not converting, blocked FG and then missing FG on last play of regulation. I thought offense was very good. Really no complaints given we are playing without Nelson and Smith. Pryor is a definite upgrade over Davenport.Wentz looked sharp other than fumble. Defense started strong and looked goo through part of 3rd quarter. Once we lost most of secondary we just got picked apart and even when we put pressure on Lamar he just turned that into runs and dumped off passes. Was looking at this as a nice win that went south in 4th quarter.

So glad we wasted draft pick on players that not even playing why was rock again and we are done with the season we had them by the throat and we just let up. The play before the first blocked kicked was stupid.  The morale of this team is in the gutter. All that hard work to defeat these guys means nothing.

This is another loss on Frank Reich.

If he just takes the extra point, when they go for two. They never go to OT in the first place. He just went for it to try to cancel out the missed XP and wound up compounding the mistake. 

Its never a good idea to turn your nose up at points just because you would like to have more points.

Also, he takes the ball out of Wentz hands on the drive they got the FG blocked. They deserved that because they played for the FG. People say hes aggressive, no hes not. Hes wreckless and there is a difference. 

Also what was up with that double reverse flea flicker? We didnt need it. They couldnt atop us straight up.

Baltimore hadnt stopped us all night. If he just stays aggressive I think they might get a TD there.

Idk whats wrong with Blankenship but this is the kind of performance that can destroy a kickers career. I hope he can get it together.

I feel bad for Carson Wentz. He was so good all night long and deserved this win. I am excited to see how he finishes the season.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

I’m just saying they played well most of the night.  They did.

Yeah, awful 4th quarter.  But we were playing with PS guys.

We need to be able to kick FGs.

When you give up over 400 yards passing and four straight TDs with a 25 to 9 lead with 12 minutes left it doesn’t matter if they played well for three quarters.  They played like garbage when it counted.  I am sick of people looking to give the defense a pass and try to blame other things rather than acknowledging that this defense is grossly over rated and not very good.

One of the worst losses I’ve seen in years. Did we even force a 2nd down the last 4 Raven drives? My God, Eberflus literally do anything other then what your were doing. 

It’s awesome how “hot rod” will hit all the meaningless 35 yarders he wants but once it matters he becomes the little boy that he is. He did it his whole Georgia career too. Missed extra point and 2 game Enders? Lol. You can’t make this up.

frank Reich looked like he was going to throw up walking off the field. 

I know some will place blame on the offense and defense and there is always room for criticism but if Hot Rod does his job the Colts win.

There are positives to take away from this game and plenty of good moments for the Colts. Both teams have plenty of key guys injured but tonight was further evidence of what the Colts have shown in previous games this season and that is they are a borderline wild card team and clearly a tier below of where we were hoping they would be.

4 minutes ago, tvturner said:

Blankenship is a major concern, injury or not

i dont know why he is so hyped up around here he missed clutch kicks last year too .  anything outside of 50 is a huge risk he has the same leg power as AV when he was almost 50 kicking for us .  He went undrafted because of his weak leg

4 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

The defense played well most of the game, really.

Hit our kicks, we win.  Maybe should’ve tried Sanchez from 47 yards?

Our kicker was garbage too. 

Not sure if you watched the 4th quarter if thats your response.

Archived