Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Baltimore Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I'd say fire Blankenship too but I doubt there's a good replacement out there. We were blessed with Vinatieri for a long long long time....

We held on to Vinatieri for too long.  Passed on some good kickers to hang onto him…and he lost us some games.  He should’ve been gone at least a season before he was.

One of the biggest black eyes of Ballard’s tenure, IMO.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Lmao. Frank needs to give up play calling because he loses the feel of the game.

Other than a call here or there Frank called his best game of the season.  Nothing on offense is why they lost the game.  When you are up 25-9 in the fourth quarter your defense can’t blow that lead period.

I find this forum so funny. Everyone calls out Reich and Flus but for some reason Ballard flies under the radar. Reich has played with 4 different qbs since he has been here. He is not perfect but I truly don't believe he is the problem. The problem is Ballard and Flus. Ballard drafted the defensive talent and Flus is from that stupid cover 2 blah blah scheme. They both need to go. This team is what it is. Criticize Grigson all u want but he had a better record. Yes he had Luck. We had a franchise type performance tonight by Wentz and it was was wasted by this pathetic defense. I get called out but do people actually believe this defense is going in the right direction after 4 years under Ballard's drafting and Flus' coaching? I actually think they are regressing. They offer nothing complex. Every qb that plays them ends up having a career year. I have said it many times that this team needs corners badly.

23 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Colts fought hard. They are going to be fine. But I expect these kinds of comments out of frustration. 

No No they didn't! They do what they ALWAYS do get a big lead and play Cover/Prevent D. That is they worst way to try to keep a lead, because you have to keep scoring on offense too. Let me put it to you this way, I have watched our team do this the since 2015 and never until tonight do I need to go buy new TV because my fist went through mine! Ballard no more patience, start bringing in veterans to help!!!!

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

This will probably be one of the hardest losses this season. As for post game takes:

1. Offense looked great, Ran the ball well and Wentz looked like a franchise QB.

2. Injuries I'm guessing Blankenship got hurt sometime in the warm-up or practicing kicks on the sideline. Cost us alot of points and the game.

3. Defense played great in the first half

4. Injuries killed the secondary right after the fumble return Rhodes and Rodgers were out and that started Ravens comeback with the deep pass on BoPete.

5.Injuries Rhodes leaving the game with the concussion left us with Rodgers, Moore, BoPete, and another guy I never heard of. Rodgers was suppose to be our 4th guy (behind Rhodes, Ya-Sin, Moore) the fact he had to take a major role should indicate how low in the depth chart we are. 

6. I thought the clock management before half was great by Reich, saved the timeout which allowed us to get that field goal.

Overall there is gonna be alot of whining and complaining this week, but I don't put this loss on anyone aside injuries.

Your absolutely right. However, at the end of the day it goes down in the books as a Loss. A bad loss.

Just now, IndySouthsider said:

We lose our first rounder. But if Wentz plays like he did today, may have been worth it.

I acknowledged that we’re going to lose the first in my first reply to QB. 

And I’m fine with the Wentz trade at this point. I’ve never been not fine with it, but it’s time to stop leaving it open for discussion. He wasn’t the broken and worthless player everyone who poopoo’d the trade made him out to be. He can win here. 

We just need Ballard to stop drafting so many guys who turn into nothing more than spare parts and afterthoughts in the first 4 rounds. 

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

We held on to Vinatieri for too long.  Passed on some good kickers to hang onto him…and he lost us some games.  He should’ve been gone at least a season before he was.

One of the biggest black eyes of Ballard’s tenure, IMO.

Fair enough, I agree we should have let him go a year before when we did. But he was good for a long long time for us. Thinking about him in his prime to what we have now hurts

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Lmao. Frank needs to give up play calling because he loses the feel of the game.

To Frank’s 2nd guessing, well DUH!  Newsflash, you’re the HC ad the O play caller, you should know well in advance about this. <face palm> 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

I acknowledged that we’re going to lose the first in my first reply to QB. 

And I’m fine with the Wentz trade at this point. I’ve never been not fine with it, but it’s time to stop leaving it open for discussion. He wasn’t the broken and worthless player everyone who poopoo’d the trade made him out to be. He can win here. 

We just need Ballard to stop drafting so many guys who turn into nothing more than spare parts and afterthoughts in the first 4 rounds. 

Darn it. Somebody finally calling on Ballard for his crappy drafting. He needs to be gone.

Potential season killer.  Following the 2020 Steelers loss, it looks like we're going to complete one of these horrific chokes a year.. 

I hate this defense.  People will blame injuries.  I don't care who is injured, you should be able to hold a 19 point lead with scheme and your last backups.  You will never win anything playing this defense.

Once again, people will blame injury, but Rodrigo ain't clutch.  I can sense it.  If it comes down to him, I don't like your chances.  Of course if Glowinski makes one standard block on the previous kick, the game is over.  

A lot of good by Wentz and the offense was completely wasted.

23 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Stacked box 3rd and 8 run it up the gut. Frank only kicks FGs when the kicker is injured otherwise he goes for it. 

Need frank to be gone. 

Should’ve passed on that play We get a first down there it makes it so much harder for Baltimore to win. But like I say bad teams always find a way to lose and this is a bad team right now 

2 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Never give Jackson the center of the field. He's not accurate enough to make consistent sideline throws. But there they were, giving him everything down the middle of the field. Tough loss but made it easier for a comeback than should have been  

This. This was a horrible plan to stick with. 

he completed 86% of his passes. I mean really. 

We have a string of winnable games coming up. Maybe we can climb back in it. I like how Carson is playing and the running game is looking good. We are pretty much done with this gauntlet of running QBs outside of Tannehill and i think we will fair better against Tenn with a healthy Carson. This Ravens game is hard to move on from though.

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Potential season killer.  Following the 2020 Steelers loss, it looks like we're going to complete one of these horrific chokes a year.. 

I hate this defense.  People will blame injuries.  I don't care who is injured, you should be able to hold a 19 point lead with scheme and your last backups.  You will never win anything playing this defense.

Once again, people will blame injury, but Rodrigo ain't clutch.  I can sense it.  If it comes down to him, I don't like your chances.  Of course if Glowinski makes one standard block on the previous kick, the game is over.  

A lot of good by Wentz and the offense was completely wasted.

Ugh that Steelers loss still kills me today. This one doesn’t sting quite as bad, mainly because the Steelers had no business winning that game with how crap they played, but this one is a close second.

21 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He missed tonight and the coaches went right back to the injured kicker so clearly he’s not.  Just because you want him to be better doesn’t make it so.

What’s funny about that is that the extra point in the field all he missed had nothing to do with distance it was about accuracy. An injured person can’t get the distance needed a weak is what misses kicks

Just now, FanFromtheWasteland said:

2 point conversion try that failed. Kick the damn extra point

In that situation nah. Hot Rod had already missed one PAT, and the 2 made it a 21 point game. Make it a hard way 3 score game instead of an easy one. I dislike Frank probably more than anyone else here, but the 2 in that situation was the right call. Even with the benefit of hindsight being what it is. 

Don’t cough up a 19 point lead. 

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I think we’re all going to be very upset that coach got an extension. He’s done nothing to prove to me that he is more than just an average coach

I will be surprised if there is a change with Reich after this season but I don't think an extension automatically saves someone. People forget that these two pictures are about 1 year apart.

c55yuyqmamautn3qerxr.jpg

zaqhlzprx0qoablqtof4.jpg

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:
  1. We need to look hard at kicker. If Hot rod had a hip issue going into the game, why didn't we sign a guy and temp him up. But missing an XP is just hard to accept.. 

Pretty sure a FA off the street would have to be in the Covid protocol already and meet the criteria for playing. I think only players that were just cut are available that quickly since they were already in another team's protocol.

Archived