Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Colts at Baltimore Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys we have to give credit to Baltimore they are a really good team.  I will get back to you after I view the tape 

Just finished the tape there was a lot of good stuff and some things that need cleaned up which we will do this week. That is a really good team give them all the credit.

I wouldn’t call it a choke job.  We were suspect at CB before yasin was scratched.  Then rogers, rhodes, another guy.....

we couldnt pressure with 4 and we couldnt help or we get blasted on back.   Was surprised Mathews wasnt a key.  
 Thought gameplan was good.  Get up, keep pedal down, and weather Jackson’s normal late “show.”  It almost worked.  Kicking game was disappointing.  Not something iwas concerned about..... until now.  Red zone still a problem.  O looked unstoppable at times.  Tide seemed to turn after attempted reverse and flip back to wentz.

Saw more good than bad (i think).  The hole in our backend was severely exposed today.(that didnt sound good, i know) We tempted Jackson to throw and he did.

Just now, ar7 said:

I know some will place blame on the offense and defense and there is always room for criticism but if Hot Rod does his job the Colts win.

There are positives to take away from this game and plenty of good moments for the Colts. Both teams have plenty of key guys injured but tonight was further evidence of what the Colts have shown in previous games this season and that is they are a borderline wild card team and clearly a tier below of where we were hoping they would be.

Yeah, I’ve never been sold on Blankenship.  He’s an average NFL kicker at best.

Okereke was awful tonight. He’s never been strong against the run, but he had played coverage well the last couple seasons. But man, he looked lost or was out of position numerous times tonight (hence Mark Andrews’ stat line). I honestly don’t believe his ceiling is much higher…

Just now, ar7 said:

I know some will place blame on the offense and defense and there is always room for criticism but if Hot Rod does his job the Colts win.

There are positives to take away from this game and plenty of good moments for the Colts. Both teams have plenty of key guys injured but tonight was further evidence of what the Colts have shown in previous games this season and that is they are a borderline wild card team and clearly a tier below of where we were hoping they would be.

there really are no great positives 1-4 with a really hard schedule cant tank with no first round pick .  salary cap is maxed out no room for free agents or a high pick .  we have to watch us hand the eagles a top ten pick and be the same team next year minus rhodes and other veterans leaving .

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The defense was absolute garbage in the 4th quarter when they backed off and played not to lose rather than doing what had worked all night.  Don’t give them a pass. 

I mean losing 2 corners and a safety at that time had a lot to do with it. They couldn’t play how they did all night at that point. 

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Looking at the rest of our schedule, we get healthier, start barely winning against all the bad teams coming up and end the season 8-9 or 9-8.

Problem is that won’t put us in position to make the playoffs (unless Henry gets injured and the roof caves in on the Titans completely,) but it WILL put us in position to have a pick worse than 15th (that we won’t even get) and a real need for some talent on the defense. 

More appropriately: stuck in the mud. 

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

I mean losing 2 corners and a safety at that time had a lot to do with it. They couldn’t play how they did all night at that point. 

it was the pash rush lamar had 8 seconds to throw he is just standing there on some plays for ten seconds . you cant put your secondary in that spot . its like monkey in the middle at that point , lewis AQM and turray are average .

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I can’t believe what I just saw. What thevhell is going on with Reich. You have a hurt and gassed secondary. A hurt kicker and you play for a field goal on that first missed kick with 6 minutes left. Unbelievable. These players played their heat out. Wentz was fantastic. They couldn’t stop Wentz so he goes for the FG. Unbelievable.

The 3rd down run call there was atrocious.  The play action pass could NOT have been better set up than it was in that exact moment. Ravens sold out to stop the run and it would’ve been SO easy to pass for the 1st down off the fake run.  

I am just utterly disgusted by what I consider to be brain dead play calls in critical game changing moments and by Reich continually leaving points on the field.  Early on, your having your way of it … and then you make the bone headed decision to go for 2 points in a panic just because you missed the extra point on the 1st TD. Reich, EVERY point matters!  Ugh. So frustrating.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Bull they did go back to that style for a couple of plays and guess what it slowed the ravens down and then they went right back to that prevent zone.  They didn’t lose both corners for the game.  They lost Rogers but he came back in and was clearly out of position in the zone.  He was the one they picked on the most.  Also continuing to try to cover their stud tight end who had killed you all night with a linebacker and ends has nothing to do with the corners so let’s stop this it’s all injuries nonsense.  

Just now, John Waylon said:

Problem is that won’t put us in position to make the playoffs (unless Henry gets injured and the roof caves in on the Titans completely,) but it WILL put us in position to have a pick worse than 15th (that we won’t even get) and a real need for some talent on the defense. 

More appropriately: stuck in the mud. 

Lmao playoffs? you talkin about playoffs? Do you really think this team can stop the Bills, Cheifs, Chargers, or Browns right now? Teams would be drooling to play us if we had a chance of making it in.

2 minutes ago, GoHorse1992 said:

I think they were going to try to run a trick play there then when the Raven jumped off side, they did a half hearted kick and took the penalty.

They kicked the ball there was no trick play there.  You don’t just change from a trick play to a kick once the ball is snapped.

Just now, HoosierHero said:

Defense was hard to watch! Don’t really wanna overreact though. Wentz looks legit though. 

Given our injury situation, that cannot be left unsaid.

We’re all down about the team right now.  But I think we’ve found a QB.  And that’s one of the hardest things to do in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, bWild said:

Okereke was awful tonight. He’s never been strong against the run, but he had played coverage well the last couple seasons. But man, he looked lost or was out of position numerous times tonight (hence Mark Andrews’ stat line). I honestly don’t believe his ceiling is much higher…

It’s not just tonight. They let Walker walk to give Okereke a chance to start, and…

golf fall GIF

12 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Man, this team can’t win against good opponents. Injuries are a part of the game and you still have to win. The Ravens have a TON of IR’d players and look, they’re winning. We just freaking suck. 

this one is in Eberflus... the D played a great 45 minutes and then in the 4th as always he goes into Prevent Defense... we kept them out of of the end zone until the 4th quarter the score 4 touchdowns back to back... PATHETIC

Archived