Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, w87r said:

If they want to maximize on Wentz, they definitely need to do it soon, I agree.

The price "seems" to be set, (2) 2nds plus.(reports)

at any moment, 1 of these other could jump ship for a different QB option.

Doubt it drops much, but the longer they wait it increases the chances of that happening.

Does Ertz(insert Any player), improve that offer, from (2) 2nds +, to a 1st +? Ertz doesn't move the needle much for me. I think Doyle would most likely be going back in trade to equal out Ertz cap hit a little.

I think potentially, but I think I would want at least a mid to late draft pick back.?

Maybe:

2023 4th

Doyle

For

Wentz

Ertz

2021 3rd

?

I've been looking at a little different than before, with potential of Ertz, and potentially Wentz(throw in Burton too)

It almost feels like if Reich could have had a grand scheme(dream scenario) coming here, that this move would have to be mission complete(come true).? Have the QB and the TEe's you had on the way to SB title and give it a run again.

Also have Hines in the Darren Sproles mode

Makes me wonder if Agholor is in play too? I know I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

didnt agholor go to the raiders?  i thought he did not sure

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

didnt agholor go to the raiders?  i thought he did not sure

Yeah he did, but he is a FA, and I have seen reports of Raiders maybe being interested in JuJu.

Also reports of us bringing in playmaker WR, I think he fits the bill a little. Plus knows the system.

We shall see?

I could see him brought in regardless what happens with Wentz.

1 hour ago, BlackTiger said:

Personally I think Ryan is better than Jacoby, and its enough to make a difference.  He does make more mistakes, but he makes more plays too.  

Yeah I would put Ryan in the list of QBs they would try to acquire before turning to Jacoby.  Don’t miss understand me I am not lobbying for Jacoby to be given the job.  I am just saying if they get to the point they are looking at brining a bridge guy for a year who is a boarder line backup they will probably go with Jacoby because that’s what he is and he already knows the system.  Matt Ryan is still a starter.

4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Bringing back JB would be a good alternative to not addressing QB I guess. But it’s a very depressing thought. 

It would not be popular that’s for sure.

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah he did, but he is a FA, and I have seen reports of Raiders maybe being interested in JuJu.

Also reports of us bringing in playmaker WR, I think he fits the bill a little. Plus knows the system.

We shall see?

21+'22 1st+ future 2nd and 3d... go get Fields/Wilson.

Allen Robinson 4/75

Taven Jenkins 2nd round in the draft

JJ Watt comes to ring chase for min

Yannick Ngakue for 3/50

William Jackson 3/40

Fitzmagic - 1/7

Gerald Everett 3/15 (release/trade Doyle)

get one of the fast receivers in the 3d-4th - Eskridge, Moore, Atwell, Dyami Brown, Darden? 

fill the rest with min flyers/ring chasers... 

This is my ultimate plan. Go do it, CB! :P

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Allen Robinson 4/75

Yannick Ngakue for 3/50

William Jackson 3/40

Fitzmagic - 1/7

get one of the fast receivers in the 3d-4th - Eskridge, Moore, Atwell, Dyami Brown, Darden? 

Who is the trade partner for that to get Fields / Wilson?

If either slide maybe that would work

I would love to get Fields.....  I just dont see them moving from 21 to 4.... too costly

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Allen Robinson 4/75

Yannick Ngakue for 3/50

William Jackson 3/40

Fitzmagic - 1/7

Im ok with whatever option we go. Still prefer another veteran option or 2 if possible, first.

But if we go this route, just no point in Fitz. If you trade up for QB, let him play. Let him compete with Eason, best man wins. Not going to rehash the rest, though.:)

I don't think starting a young guy is "wasting a season" though. Should work out in favor either way. Comes in and exceeds expectations or struggles a little but gains valuable experience and a better knowledge from team whether our QB answer is on the team.

Either way:

1. Multi year vet trade option

2. Rookie/Eason comp

3. Bridge and Eason

I am ready to have some kind working knowledge on which one to look forward to how it effects our off-season approach.

Sooner the better.

19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Tony Pauline says Bears are the front runners for Wentz and that Darnold could be a real possibility for us, with the 49ers lurking.

Pretty vague but I like Pauline. He called us reaching on Banogu.

I really dont get excited about Darnold......

So far, Wentz at least was at a high level at one point......  Darnold hasnt

I would much rather have Winston than Darnold

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Oh yeah, Darnold doesn’t entice me at all. Pretty pessimistic about all of our realistic options at this point though, kinda just waiting to be whelmed.

1 minute ago, MikeCurtis said:

Best thing about Darnold option is money.

He is definition of low risk, potential high reward.

Only would cost $4.7m against cap, give us a 2nd option for potential future QB). Plus that would give us a lot more cap space to upgrade the rest of the team around him.

He does have about a $25m 5th year option pending, but even if picked up, I think it could be moved next year if we wanted to move on. Or just decline it and if he balls out then try and extend, if not franchise tag him(this is if he plays good and cant come to long term agreement.

Gives us a couple different option to have an evaluation of 1-2 years.

17 hours ago, Four2itus said:

With this running game and defense, they could trot Jacoby back out there and get 9 wins. 

I also think they could win nine games with JB but that is not what they are talking about. LT is a huge hole to fill. You need receiver help because T.Y. is washed up. You need an edge rusher and you need a QB. That doesn't sound like a playoff team to me.

9 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think the Darnold route actually has more benefits than anything else. If he’s great he’s cheap and we can still go into the draft with a decent amount of capital. If he isn’t then we find out MUCH sooner what we have with Eason. 

Don’t want to think about it past that. It scares me haha

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I think the Darnold route actually has more benefits than anything else. If he’s great he’s cheap and we can still go into the draft with a decent amount of capital. If he isn’t then we find out MUCH sooner what we have with Eason. 

Don’t want to think about it past that. It scares me haha

Darnold is a low cost option. But so is my aunt... she would play for $50k

In three years of playing Darnold hasnt shown much at all

He passed for 2200 yards and 9 Tds last year and didnt make it to 60% completion  

Thats not all his fault.....  but sheeze.... WHY would someone trust him as a viable option

There is a better chance that the guy is out of football in 4 years than being on an NFL roster

To me.... its a wasted opportunity

I would rather go with Eason and a rookie like Trask then start the year with Darnold

At least with Eason and Trask (or Jones) the outcome is unknown..... One of these MIGHT be a starter level

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Best thing about Darnold option is money.

He is definition of low risk, potential high reward.

Only would cost $4.7m against cap, give us a 2nd option for potential future QB). Plus that would give us a lot more cap space to upgrade the rest of the team around him.

He does have about a $25m 5th year option pending, but even if picked up, I think it could be moved next year if we wanted to move on. Or just decline it and if he balls out then try and extend, if not franchise tag him(this is if he plays good and cant come to long term agreement.

Gives us a couple different option to have an evaluation of 1-2 years.

The risk really is a wasted year or two for the Colts

We would probably also have to part with a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him......

IMHO the talent level is largely known on Darnold.....  

I would rather take a chance on one or two other players 

37 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Who is the trade partner for that to get Fields / Wilson?

If either slide maybe that would work

I would love to get Fields.....  I just dont see them moving from 21 to 4.... too costly

I don't know. I would try to move in two jumps - first to around 10 range then to wherever we need to get the QB we want if he starts falling. 

1 hour ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

I also think they could win nine games with JB but that is not what they are talking about. LT is a huge hole to fill. You need receiver help because T.Y. is washed up. You need an edge rusher and you need a QB. That doesn't sound like a playoff team to me.

it’s the second week of February bud... come back with this nonsense in July...

2 hours ago, w87r said:

We shall see?

I could see him brought in regardless what happens with Wentz.

this years free agent wr market is very stacked . With the cap going down its the perfect year to get a wr from the market . That would likely mean no ty hilton though .    I would be a huge fan of colts brining in chris goodwin if he leaves the bucs

I hope the Colts trade for Wentz or Darnold or even pick up Minshew so I don't have to hear another year of Jordan Love type talk.  If I remember, he is the scout QB for the Packers.  Now it is Justin Fields this year.  Please.  Both are very overrated.  Other than Lawrence, the Colts aren't going to roll into next year with a rookie QB. They would end up 6-10.  So please give it a rest.  Again, when the Colts actually get a QB for a few years, I will happy not to read that anymore.

14 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I hope the Colts trade for Wentz or Darnold or even pick up Minshew so I don't have to hear another year of Jordan Love type talk.  If I remember, he is the scout QB for the Packers.  Now it is Justin Fields this year.  Please.  Both are very overrated.  Other than Lawrence, the Colts aren't going to roll into next year with a rookie QB. They would end up 6-10.  So please give it a rest.  Again, when the Colts actually get a QB for a few years, I will happy not to read that anymore.

Both Fields and Wilson are much better than Love. 

41 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I don’t think a rookie QB means we go 6-10.  Most rookies go to bad teams. We have a good team. Lance has had very little experience so he would probably be the one to take the most lumps. Fields is really good and has experience.  I think he would do just fine. Wilson didn’t play against tough competition so he might have some growing pains. Fields is ready.

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Darnold is a low cost option. But so is my aunt... she would play for $50k

In three years of playing Darnold hasnt shown much at all

He passed for 2200 yards and 9 Tds last year and didnt make it to 60% completion  

Thats not all his fault.....  but sheeze.... WHY would someone trust him as a viable option

There is a better chance that the guy is out of football in 4 years than being on an NFL roster

To me.... its a wasted opportunity

I would rather go with Eason and a rookie like Trask then start the year with Darnold

At least with Eason and Trask (or Jones) the outcome is unknown..... One of these MIGHT be a starter level

I won't argue that Darnold hasn't looked too good so far in his career, but I don't think being on such a bad team, with incompetent management, and one of the worst HC's we've seen in some time has helped. He has a ton of upside still and I think a locker room and coaching staff like ours could do wonders for him. I'm not advocating for Darnold, but I wouldn't be upset if we brought him in either (provided the price was right).

Albright better hope Fosh is wrong or he will look stupid.

I went back and watched some Darnold interviews last night. Wanted to get a sense of how he carried himself. I like what I see. Seems like a good kid. Like all the other QB though we would probably get outbid for him. If there is all virtual off season again that would really hurt us if that is the direction we went.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I went back and watched some Darnold interviews last night. Wanted to get a sense of how he carried himself. I like what I see. Seems like a good kid. Like all the other QB though we would probably get outbid for him. If there is all virtual off season again that would really hurt us if that is the direction we went.

I would laugh if the Foshinator is right on this haha 

1 hour ago, lennymoore24 said:

You advocate for Minshew?  Darnold?  Wentz?  And then call Fields overrated?  That’s laughable. What have the others done (besides Wentz for a couple years) outside of a good game here and there to be worthy of your praise and the Colts signing them?  The only sure thing Darnold & Minshew bring to the table is that they would be cheap.  I would like to hear how their continued failure at the NFL level make them better than Fields who’s better than they were coming out?  And Love wasn’t close to the prospect Fields is this season either.  

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No he won't. Broken clock is right twice a day. Fosh's antics have been well documented and he's a well known fraud. Even if he guesses something right it will be by pure chance and not due to sources or legit info he has. You and I can do the exact same thing and have about the same success rate. 

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ultimately it won't matter if he's a good kid, but whether he can play. I have some minor hopes for him, but he still is just a shot to take. I wouldn't give up anything significant for him. 

I feel like I was highest on both Wentz and Darnold as options for the Colts before they actually became linked to the Colts, but it was with clear idea of what the risks are and the understanding that because of those risks the price should be severely limited. And now I find myself trying to pull back folks here from being ready to give up significant compensation for both of them. 

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

You advocate for Minshew?  Darnold?  Wentz?  And then call Fields overrated?  That’s laughable. What have the others done (besides Wentz for a couple years) outside of a good game here and there to be worthy of your praise and the Colts signing them?  The only sure thing Darnold & Minshew bring to the table is that they would be cheap.  I would like to hear how their continued failure at the NFL level make them better than Fields who’s better than they were coming out?  And Love wasn’t close to the prospect Fields is this season either.  

I am not a huge Fields fan but I would rather roll the dice with Fields than trade for Wentz or Darnold or Minshew. Fields has pretty good potential and isn't damaged goods at least.

Archived