Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - QB Preference (now that PR has officially retired) (merge)

EastStreet

Poll - QB Preference  

208 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current choice for QB

• Roll with Eason
    • Roll with JB
    • Unlock the Swag
    • Sign FA Fitzmagic
    • Sign FA Winston
    • Sign FA Trubisky
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Lance
    • Trade our next two first round picks to move up for Wilson
    • Draft Mack with our 21st pic
    • Trade our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up earlier in the 2nd to draft Trask
    • Use our 2nd round pick to draft Newman
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Stafford
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Carr
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Wentz
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Darnold
    • Trade a 1st round pick for Tua
    • Mortgage the future biggly, and trade our next three first round picks and next two to three 2nd round picks to get Watson.
    • Other - please list
  2. 2. Would you have preferred Rivers stayed one more year?

3. 3. How much faith and confidence do you have in Ballard to make the right call on QB?

• Blind faith, I have a picture of him in my house that I worship daily
    • Pretty confident
    • Not sure right now
    • Not a lot, but hoping for the best
    • Zero confidence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2021 at 02:03 AM

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It's cause the Eagles want too much. 

Nobody is gonna give them what they want 

I’m sure Roseman is aware of that.  Everybody trying to sell something scarce starts with a high price.  I think his opening ask for Wentz is stupid high and it seems that almost the entire football world agrees.  But I don’t blame him — he’s in a bind and he’s hoping he can offload some of that bind the way the Rams did with their one-time star turned backup QB.

But keep in mind that he has almost a month before that roster bonus hits.  As of now, there really isn’t any motivation for him to start panicking and dropping the price.  He can always unload Wentz for something approaching these offers he’s been reportedly getting.  I doubt he’s going to run out of interested parties in this environment.

Didn't see if this was posted earlier as I was working and unfortunately was only focused on certain post.

Not a news flash or anything, but I think there is a couple good points in here:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/13/report-eagles-have-yet-to-be-offered-a-first-round-pick-for-carson-wentz/

Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Inquirer, in an article explaining the delay in the trade, writes that “league sources doubt [G.M. Howie] Roseman has been offered a first-round pick of any sort for Wentz, this year or in the future.” Recently, Eagles legend Ron Jaworski said that the Colts have offered a pair of second-round picks, with the possibility of an additional third- or fourth-round selection down the round.

~~~~~~

Any leverage the Eagles currently possess instantly evaporates if the Colts address their needs elsewhere. While there’s no indication that the Colts are preparing to pivot toward another veteran quarterback, if the Eagles push too hard and wait too long, the Colts will have no choice but to make other plans.

So why not just take the offer of two second-round picks, if Jaworki’s information is correct? It gets the Eagles tnet value for a quarterback whose 2020 performance coupled with his current contract could have easily put the Eagles in Brock Osweiler mode, requiring them to give someone a draft pick to get Wentz’s bloated contract off the books

1 hour ago, w87r said:

I don't think so, Im pretty on the record for saying I don't think any of these rumors are credible and just enjoying the conversation it has brought. When a deal is announced, that is when it's credible.

My point is everyone is hopping on Fosh as not credible(which I agree), but they are saying Jaws is more credible(which I still agree), yet Jaws said pretty close to the same thing Fosh said, 5 days earlier. Something has to give.

Maybe you're playing both sides here?

You can acknowledge that how ever you wish though. 

For the record, any rumor on twitter isn't very credible to me. Which I've said numerous times. 

If you care to we can continue this conversation in message or here for whole forum to see. I will let you decide.

EDIT: and I never said Jaws wasn't credible, so I don't even know where that came from.

I simply stated that his words of "or something like that" is open to interpretation on compensation. Not that I didn't believe what he said.

Did I misinterpret this statement from you?

I don't think any of them are very credible, really.

Beyond that, I'm done with this discussion. I don't really know what point you were trying to make, but if you were suggesting that Fosh is saying the same kind of thing that Jaws is, so maybe he's credible, then I disagree, for the reasons I stated earlier.

45 minutes ago, Superman said:

Did I misinterpret this statement from you?

Yes you did.

When I said this:

45 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think any of them are very credible, really.

"Them" I meant Twitter rumors. Not Fosh and Jaws.

Then I misinterpreted you when you said:

"Feels like you're playing both sides here." 

'Maybe Fosh is credible, he's saying the same thing Jaws said.'

'I don't think Jaws is actually credible.'

I mean, yeah, maybe nobody knows anything and they're all full of it. But at least we know Jaws, and he's plugged into the Eagles front office, and he doesn't have a history of misrepresenting himself on social media. He could still be mistaken, or lying, or maybe the facts changed after he received some inside info. But Fosh is just some guy on Twitter with a sketchy track record. 

I think it's fair to acknowledge that. 

I interpreted that you were asking me to acknowledge I was playing both sides.

But you clearly meant Jaws having more credibility than a Twitter guy.

Which I undoubtedly do.

So we both misinterpreted each other.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

I don't think so, Im pretty on the record for saying I don't think any of these rumors are credible and just enjoying the conversation it has brought. When a deal is announced, that is when it's credible.

My point is everyone is hopping on Fosh as not credible(which I agree), but they are saying Jaws is more credible(which I still agree), yet Jaws said pretty close to the same thing Fosh said, 5 days earlier. Something has to give.

Maybe you're playing both sides here?

You can acknowledge that how ever you wish though. 

For the record, any rumor on twitter isn't very credible to me. Which I've said numerous times. 

If you care to we can continue this conversation in message or here for whole forum to see. I will let you decide.

EDIT: and I never said Jaws wasn't credible, so I don't even know where that came from.

I simply stated that his words of "or something like that" is open to interpretation on compensation. Not that I didn't believe what he said.

We apparently misunderstood each other. 

Just to clarify, my point is simply that I don't think Fosh is credible, and that's not because he's never right. It's because of how he operates. 

Jaws has a reputation and him going on TV and saying what he's heard is not really him making a prediction. In fact, while some have suggested that he was pushing smoke signals to help the Eagles' cause, after listening to his comments he's basically saying they aren't going to get what they initially asked for, in fact, the best offer -- the Colts apparent offer -- is nothing near what they wanted. 

End of the day, I have no problem with people following or posting Fosh tweets in this thread. But I don't put any stock in them. If a respected NFL reporter says 'I've heard this or that,' I view it much differently. Still doesn't mean that anything specific is going to happen, but at least they don't operate in a way that makes me question their honesty.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yes you did.

When I said this:

"Them" I meant Twitter rumors. Not Fosh and Jaws.

Then I misinterpreted you when you said:

Feels like you're playing both sides here. 

'Maybe Fosh is credible, he's saying the same thing Jaws said.'

'I don't think Jaws is actually credible.'

I mean, yeah, maybe nobody knows anything and they're all full of it. But at least we know Jaws, and he's plugged into the Eagles front office, and he doesn't have a history of misrepresenting himself on social media. He could still be mistaken, or lying, or maybe the facts changed after he received some inside info. But Fosh is just some guy on Twitter with a sketchy track record. 

I think it's fair to acknowledge that. 

I interpreted that as it was far to acknowledge I was playing both sides.

But you clearly meant Jaws having more credibility than a Twitter guy.

Which I undoubtedly do.

So we both misinterpreted each other.

Cool deal.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Just to clarify, my point is simply that I don't think Fosh is credible, and that's not because he's never right. It's because of how he operates. 

Jaws has a reputation and him going on TV and saying what he's heard is not really him making a prediction. In fact, while some have suggested that he was pushing smoke signals to help the Eagles' cause, after listening to his comments he's basically saying they aren't going to get what they initially asked for, in fact, the best offer -- the Colts apparent offer -- is nothing near what they wanted. 

End of the day, I have no problem with people following or posting Fosh tweets in this thread. But I don't put any stock in them. If a respected NFL reporter says 'I've heard this or that,' I view it much differently. Still doesn't mean that anything specific is going to happen, but at least they don't operate in a way that makes me question their honesty.

The tweet came from a TV interview 

29 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I disagree. The future in the NFL is going to become more NBA like. Do you think a marquee wide receiver would choose Indy over Tampa? I don't think so.

So your example to back this up is a marquee WR going to Tampa where they have one, maybe two (but really though, probably not) chances to win a SB while Brady has his cup of coffee down there over Indy where he could potentially be able to be a part of a top 3 team in his conference for years to come? 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

And I agree with all of that.

I've told Chloe multiple times to keep posting them, not because I believe them, I just like to hear rumors.

I put no stocks in any rumors, they are just discussion fodder and entertainment for Colts fans to stay connected with

I will put stock in the reported deal when if it happens.

As I've said a few times. Rumors are Rumors and Facts are Facts. 

And that my fellow posters is how 2 posters should be able to move past a disagreement. 

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

Cool deal.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Eagles are gonna wait until a couple days before Wentz roster bonus hits to trade him and hope that the waiting makes someone get anxious and overpay.

And then wind up stuck with him, or have to cut him with no compensation.

They should take the best deal they can get within the next few days, or get ready to keep him for the season.

On 1/31/2021 at 11:10 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree some what. Those 3 were dynamic mentally. I think the game is changing and coordinators aren't stubborn like they use to be. They are taking advantage of the young qbs and there athleticism and raw traits. Therefore, expanding  the playbook and what these offences can do in the red zone. They bring a whole different dimension to the offence.

And with that athleticism comes missing games with injuries. Remember RG3, everyone wanted to draft him. How about Andrew luck? what did he get for all his running around and extending plays? He got booed off the field. The list goes on and on. Do you spend your money on a prepared, smart pocket passer who will start almost all the games during a career or, a flashy, self absorbed

play maker who will spend significant amount of time on the trainers table.

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Man. This weird flex that free agents don’t want to come here (for whatever reason) is going to wind up getting a brother banned.  haha

We’re a team that just went 11-5, we should have made the playoffs last year, and we made the playoffs the year before that. We have a capable defense already in place, we have what is perceived to be one of the best offensive lines in the game even with a question mark at LT, we’ve got more than capable RBs, and we have plenty of talented pass catchers. 

I just don’t understand the notion that any player would look at that and go “won’t even think about it”. 

There’s only so many starting spots to go around, and they always get filled. 

preach GIF

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

And then wind up stuck with him, or have to cut him with no compensation.

They should take the best deal they can get within the next few days, or get ready to keep him for the season.

I agree but I think Roseman is gambling that someone will blink first and give them a first

Edit: At least that's what I'm thinking to be prepared for this lasting a couple more weeks

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I agree but I think Roseman is gambling that someone will blink first and give them a first

Yeah, at this point the Eagles are doing what they should do. It's only been a couple weeks, they apparently have a couple teams interested, maybe more, it's fine that they wait it out for now. But at some point in the next week or two I think they have to pull the trigger, or risk having their plan blow up in their faces.

And I don't think they'll get a first from anyone unless they're giving up something significant, in addition to Wentz.

Just now, Superman said:

Yeah, at this point the Eagles are doing what they should do. It's only been a couple weeks, they apparently have a couple teams interested, maybe more, it's fine that they wait it out for now. But at some point in the next week or two I think they have to pull the trigger, or risk having their plan blow up in their faces.

And I don't think they'll get a first from anyone unless they're giving up something significant, in addition to Wentz.

Regular Season Dance GIF by NBA

17 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Eagles are gonna wait until a couple days before Wentz roster bonus hits to trade him and hope that the waiting makes someone get anxious and overpay.

Yep, it’s a game of chicken - at least, that’s how the Eagles see it and want the other teams to see it.

But here’s the problem:  that roster bonus day (March 19) is only meaningful for them.  The Colts (and Bears, assuming they’re really interested and still will be by then) will have the same options after that day that they have before it.

The Eagles realistically only have two options to unload Wentz and neither of them are trying very hard to outbid the other.  Both of them have other options.

If anybody’s panicking leading into March 19th, it’ll be the Eagles.

12 hours ago, John Waylon said:

We’re a team that just went 11-5, we should have made the playoffs last year, and we made the playoffs the year before that. We have a capable defense already in place, we have what is perceived to be one of the best offensive lines in the game even with a question mark at LT, we’ve got more than capable RBs, and we have plenty of talented pass catchers. 

I just don’t understand the notion that any player would look at that and go “won’t even think about it”. 

There’s only so many starting spots to go around, and they always get filled. 

I believe the first consideration for almost every free agent is money. The second consideration is also money.

After that, they consider whether a team is a contender, what kind of staff they have, team location, and culture, ranked any number of ways, depending on the player. 

But if the Colts have a competitive offer out to any free agent, I don't think that player is going to be thinking too much about how the Colts handled a potential QB trade in February. 

This might be more important for a team that historically treats players like garbage. I feel like no one is going to be eager to go to Houston right now. But if Houston is offering $5m/year more than the next team, 9/10 players are going to take the money.

14 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Way to risky.  They need to get this done asap.  If they don't get their 1st in the next week they should counter Ballard and ask for a low pick which he will most likely give up and get it done.  

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

Yep, it’s a game of chicken - at least, that’s how the Eagles see it and want the other teams to see it.

But here’s the problem:  that roster bonus day (March 19) is only meaningful for them.  The Colts (and Bears, assuming they’re really interested and still will be by them) will have the same options after that day that they have before it.

The Eagles realistically only have two options to unload Wentz and neither of them are trying very hard to outbid the other.  Both of them have other options.

If anybody’s panicking leading into March 19th, it’ll be the Eagles.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I believe the first consideration for almost every free agent is money. The second consideration is also money.

After that, they consider whether a team is a contender, what kind of staff they have, team location, and culture, ranked any number of ways, depending on the player. 

But if the Colts have a competitive offer out to any free agent, I don't think that player is going to be thinking too much about how the Colts handled a potential QB trade in February. 

This might be more important for a team that historically treats players like garbage. I feel like no one is going to be eager to go to Houston right now. But if Houston is offering $5m/year more than the next team, 9/10 players are going to take the money.

Agreed

31 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

If it's true that the Colts and the Bears both have interest and have both made offers that the Eagles have turned down and either the Colts or the Bears decided to say sign Darnald in the meantime the Eagles I believe then have a problem. If they are now down to the wire and now only have one team interested the remaining team will have them over a barrel. That team can resind their initial offer and reduce it considerably. The Eagles just screwed themselves if it comes to this which it could.

3 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

A little something to the FA's considering Indy as a defense from the Maniac.       Thats leadership. Go 53!

So with the discussion about FA's not wanting to come here for what ever reasonThere will also be a lot that will not be offered 

My man

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

If it's true that the Colts and the Bears both have interest and have both made offers that the Eagles have turned down and either the Colts or the Bears decided to say sign Darnald in the meantime the Eagles I believe then have a problem. If they are now down to the wire and now only have one team interested the remaining team will have them over a barrel. That team can resind their initial offer and reduce it considerably. The Eagles just screwed themselves if it comes to this which it could.

Or they just keep Wentz.   I don't think they will though

3 minutes ago, BluesGirl said:

A little something to the FA's considering Indy as a defense from the Maniac.       Thats leadership. Go 53!

So with the discussion about FA's not wanting to come here for what ever reasonThere will also be a lot that will not be offered 

Leonard is starting to talk too much 

Archived